PDA

View Full Version : Monterey What do we know?

Ray8888
12-20-2015, 07:52 PM
So something to do with an aquarium and the shrill? And according to the last livestream, solo and instanced content. And they said they were shooting for between Heartbreaker and Armisice so March.

Escyos
12-20-2015, 10:33 PM
We went there with Chad. Poor Chad got himself exploded in space.

Cobra Crusher
12-20-2015, 11:06 PM
I know its a type of cheese.

Octo
12-21-2015, 12:28 AM
The Shrill were inadvertently brought to Earth along with the Votan fleet. Their spores are extremely resilient, and can even survive in the vacuum of space. At some point during the journey to Earth, the Arms collided with a small, seemingly harmless asteroid belt. Shrill spores launched onto the Arks' hulls and remainded there for centuries until the ship entered Earth's orbit. In the wake of Arkfall, these spores were buried deep below the surface and began to germinate.

In 2048 Shrill evolved into various forms and began showing up in Silicon Valley.

The Outfit Viewer on DefianceData has an "Aquarium" background, so maybe it's a new arkfall/arkbreak, with shrills. Also, they were brought to Earth, so they come from space. Kinda. Could be a nice excuse to create a new story quest in space (or at least inside a ship/ark - hello Nolan !) and use the Ark Alliance Terranaut we got during the season 3.

We also got the Omec Stun Rod and the Omec Fragger !
Dark Matter is an unit of the Votanis Collective (so they brought the shrill thing), but it's also an "old" unit of the Ekaru, and the Ekaru were originally from the Omec.
What about a war/mutiny between humans (and friends, you know) and Omec/Dark Matter ? After all, the "real" Dark Matter don't like us, they already tried to use viruses like the biodyne pathogen or the votacide 4x so, the Shrill can be a new step.
Or maybe I'm completely wrong, who knows.

PTR47
12-21-2015, 02:54 AM
I hope it's not another exp. if it is, I'm probably done.

Ray8888
12-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Solo content. Instanced.
I think we can safely say it's not an expo.

PithHelmetIrath
12-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Here's what I know.. I'm keeping my expectations low. Very low.

YahootsMagoondi
12-21-2015, 10:11 AM
1. there will be a patch

2. when servers come down for said patch, people will complain because the servers are down

3. people will complain that the servers have been down too long

4. once the servers are back up something will be broken and require another patch

5. repeat all steps

Johnny Stranger
12-21-2015, 10:13 AM
I know I won't be around for this ... :)

Bonehead
12-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Here's what I know.. I'm keeping my expectations low. Very low.

Words to live by.

Ronin9572
12-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Solo content. Instanced.
I think we can safely say it's not an expo.
I sure hope so. If it's another bunch of expos probably time for me to hang up my shield and guns... I'm also thinking they'll be a PS4 under my tree for Xmas so that's probably gonna take center stage! We'll see I guess,but you all know this game is like crack to a crackhead...

PithHelmetIrath
12-22-2015, 07:53 AM
Words to live by.

Been here since 2013, I have no other recourse.. lol