PDA

View Full Version : Do male characters have a larger hitbox than females?

Kingmoo
04-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Males in this game look considerably bigger than females. Does this mean females have the advantage in pvp (and pve...)?

Agent T8235
04-06-2013, 08:41 AM
This is a really good question. I saw a thread about new races and it was said that the Sensoth were out of the question because they were too tall, but if females characters and male characters are different sizes, cant the Sensoth be put in the game too.

BTW Torc Mok is a Sensoth

Amonkira
04-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Males in this game look considerably bigger than females. Does this mean females have the advantage in pvp (and pve...)?

Simple answer: No.

Kingmoo
04-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Simple answer: No.

Have you tested it?
Has a developer told you personally?
Can you elaborate?

As you can see, just because it's so simple for you to say "no", it may not be so simple to accept....

Aeekto
04-08-2013, 10:31 AM
One of the Devs said it once somewhere, but i donīt have the link right now.
But itīs typical for a shooter that everyone has the same hitbox for balancing..... because of that we canīt even change the seize of our char ;)

Kingmoo
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM
One of the Devs said it once somewhere, but i donīt have the link right now.
But itīs typical for a shooter that everyone has the same hitbox for balancing..... because of that we canīt even change the seize of our char ;)

Thanks

now I just want to know if the hit box is bigger than the female model or if the hitbox is smaller than the male model

I'd like to test this

Jammylambo
04-08-2013, 11:01 AM
brilliantly interesting question.

it would be funny seeing character size making a difference to the hitbox, shooters wouldbe full of femal anorexic dwarf builds :D

Kingmoo
04-08-2013, 11:05 AM
I've never even seen females in shooter before. Even if hit box size has been accouned for in this game, then there still must be a discrepancy between model size and hitbox size

Relapse
04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Several of the frequent members in my pre-mades have played multiple games at a competitive level so testing differences between races and genders was a natural instinct for many. While hit boxes do appear to be very similar for both genders there are a few select glitches female characters can take advantage of, due to the way their animations act, that males literally can not preform.

The most blatant being the ability to speed ladder.