PDA

View Full Version : The correct infector barrel

SocialGerm69
12-21-2015, 11:38 AM
I collect infector sand I routinely see them with the wrong barrel mod. Some of this is due to availability, and some to simply not knowing which to put on. The viral accelerator will increase your damage and decrease your bug damage. This barrel is the correct choice for canker style infectors that do increasing damage over time. This also applies to any infector that only spawn bugs on an infected targets death. This way you are receiving the damage bonus constantly and only loosing the bug damage occasionally. The strain mitigator increases bug damage and reduces direct damage. This is the correct barrel for infectors that spawn bugs with x amount of hits, such as an invader. If you put the strain mitigator on a canker style you are decreasing the weapons main source of damage during 90% of its usage. Hope this was helpful and hit me up if you have any questions.

Ea Rapture
12-21-2015, 12:01 PM
What I think you're missing is that some people Mod (Invader Styles) Infectors wrong at times bc they want that 10k+ DMG for infection for PvP purposes. Otherwise I agree with the above.

SocialGerm69
12-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Good point. Thanks for adding that.

Dixie Cougar
12-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Bug damage was bugged (so to speak) for so long that people got used to putting VAcc on everything.

Old habits die hard.

tarmim
12-21-2015, 04:13 PM
The bug dmg barrel in invaders is not so great on pvp.