PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find mods?

snoglobe81
12-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Just out of curiosity, but why are some synergy mods hard to come by?

Lamar Kendrick
12-21-2015, 10:39 PM
i have a top 3 based from my experience playing defiance for 16 months now...

1. prepared - force accelerator iv
2. saturnalia - external recoil reduction iv
3. ego precision - power bore iv & assault scope iv

honorable mentions are any T4 defiant few shotgun mods and the non existent (anymore) catalyst and rifle catalyst injector III

Ea Rapture
12-21-2015, 10:59 PM

honorable mentions are any T4 defiant few shotgun mods and the non existent (anymore) catalyst and rifle catalyst injector III

I have an EGO P Assault Scope on my alt. Lol.

crazyged
12-21-2015, 11:31 PM
I only managed to collect the full synergy for my Dancing Lady the other day.

Then I reverted back to a T5 Paradise mod for ammo - didn't really need that last synergy, but 121 in the mag makes a difference!

snoglobe81
12-22-2015, 12:03 AM
I swear if I'm not hunting infector sights I'm hunting cannoneer det mods. Also keep getting nothing but barrels for my EP mass cannons.

Lamar Kendrick
12-22-2015, 03:04 AM
I have an EGO P Assault Scope on my alt. Lol.

lucky you. remember when meaty had a bounty for one months ago? lol

i always see ionic barrels for ego p but never power bore but luckily i was gonna full syn my commando smg and tried the vbi mod crate and poof a power bore appeared :D that's 1 in a 1000 chance

also, i've only seen 2 force accelerator iv prepared syn. one from clannie, other from a friend but that was a year ago. tried hundreds of TN mod crates but nada just T2s heck even a T3 is ultra rare. is this on purpose trion?

I swear if I'm not hunting infector sights I'm hunting cannoneer det mods. Also keep getting nothing but barrels for my EP mass cannons.

cannoneer det mods back then were easy to get until apex sludge came along. now it's harder since dawn's light appeared as well. good thing i bought a t4 sight from EA months ago ;)

Fenikkusu Gatou
12-22-2015, 03:14 AM
Right now my hardest to find mod is a friggin EP infector barrel. Otherwise, trying to find a catalytic or a converter in the synergy you need is... pretty much impossible. Especially the Catalytics since most people sell them or break them down by default.

r1p
12-22-2015, 06:41 AM

Great list. I remember when kon was looking for the Ego Precision mods and how remarkably difficult it was to get them given the number of people who were opening mod caches looking for them. I gave up on getting a SS ERR for my SS BR and just used a Paradise T5 ERR because I had a T4 SS Power Bore and the extra recoil reduction isn't going to hurt a BR.

Prepared det mods are the worst. I have been checking the vendor specials (T3 obviously) at the explosive mods vendor numerous times every day since February and have kept track of of the number of times I have seen ANY Prepared det mods. Over those 10 months I have seen 8 total Perapared det mods: 2 damage barrels, 3 full radius barrels, 1 mag, 2 melee stocks, and 0 sights. Part of this has to be due to the vendor specials being broken because I see way more shotgun mods in the explosive vendor then I see det mods. But I also suspect that vendor specials are weighted and Prepared det mods drop rates are lower than any of the other mods. I see tons of other Prepared mods for AR's, snipers, etc in other vendors but Prepared det mods are elusive.

Lamar Kendrick
12-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Great list. I remember when kon was looking for the Ego Precision mods and how remarkably difficult it was to get them given the number of people who were opening mod caches looking for them. I gave up on getting a SS ERR for my SS BR and just used a Paradise T5 ERR because I had a T4 SS Power Bore and the extra recoil reduction isn't going to hurt a BR.

Prepared det mods are the worst. I have been checking the vendor specials (T3 obviously) at the explosive mods vendor numerous times every day since February and have kept track of of the number of times I have seen ANY Prepared det mods. Over those 10 months I have seen 8 total Perapared det mods: 2 damage barrels, 3 full radius barrels, 1 mag, 2 melee stocks, and 0 sights. Part of this has to be due to the vendor specials being broken because I see way more shotgun mods in the explosive vendor then I see det mods. But I also suspect that vendor specials are weighted and Prepared det mods drop rates are lower than any of the other mods. I see tons of other Prepared mods for AR's, snipers, etc in other vendors but Prepared det mods are elusive.

i think the explosive vendor is definitely broken and devs needs to check this out as part of the bug bash. i've seen and bought many T3 prepared det stocks but 0 T3 sights ever. just hours ago i spend 400 rep per toon and only gotten 2 T2 prepared det sights and couple of T4s i don't really need

some people think that a sat err is hard to get but there's an explanation.... every one who have one has already put it on a DC9/11/12 or RS weapons thus making the mod hard to find

back then cannoneer ar and infector mods are one of the hardest to get before expedition drop rewards was introduced. i paid quite a lot for the infector mods and highest was 750k for a sight. on ar mods (hey BT it was you lol) highest i paid was 600k for a stab sight

defiant mods too are hard to get. it took me forever to fully T4'd to syn my pre patch CF. i keep on posting on zone til i got all 3 (got t4 shot pod from def few supply crate luckily)

r1p
12-22-2015, 10:23 AM
i think the explosive vendor is definitely broken and devs needs to check this out as part of the bug bash. i've seen and bought many T3 prepared det stocks but 0 T3 sights ever. just hours ago i spend 400 rep per toon and only gotten 2 T2 prepared det sights and couple of T4s i don't really need

some people think that a sat err is hard to get but there's an explanation.... every one who have one has already put it on a DC9/11/12 or RS weapons thus making the mod hard to find

back then cannoneer ar and infector mods are one of the hardest to get before expedition drop rewards was introduced. i paid quite a lot for the infector mods and highest was 750k for a sight. on ar mods (hey BT it was you lol) highest i paid was 600k for a stab sight

defiant mods too are hard to get. it took me forever to fully T4'd to syn my pre patch CF. i keep on posting on zone til i got all 3 (got t4 shot pod from def few supply crate luckily)

I won't buy mod caches any more. I got tired of wasting rep getting way too many T2 mods or mods for weapons that don't even exist for that faction. The final straw was the day I opened a Soleptor mod cache and got all greens and a 7th legion mod cache and one of the mods was a T1. Of course, since I have never pulled an OJ weapon from Soleptor, VBI, or Top Notch I guess I don't really need them anyways.

hempman
12-22-2015, 10:49 AM
if any of you guys that posted are on xbox na,i have a toon full of catalytic mods.
as far as i know,im the only one collecting/buying them,as noted most people scrap them.
i also have 2 fully modded precision weapons.

jones1317
12-22-2015, 11:09 AM
If theres any mods u need theres a high chance i can get them on the 360 EU servers hit me up jonesy1317

snoglobe81
12-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Might have to hit expos. I've noticed getting decent mods in there.