PDA

View Full Version : Majors after reset.

OokamiXIII
12-22-2015, 12:04 PM
So the servers are back up and what do I see? Three ****ing non-event majors on one shard. What a joke.

OokamiXIII
12-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Next shard, two majors and neither of them event. Third times the charm?

OokamiXIII
12-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Third time wasn't the charm!

Dixie Cougar
12-22-2015, 01:05 PM
After a reboot the majors are always bugs-bugs-scrappers. They are mostly useless but that's how you id a new shard. 100% not random.

Also why I never attempt to do events for a few hours after a reboot.

David Irwin
12-22-2015, 02:33 PM
i have notice also that after a restart, it seem like it is normally at least an hour before event major arkfalls, but then when then do come , be ready to be hopping cause they all come at once. late last night on ps3 na , there was a few so close together i was at one that almost didn't have enough arkhunters ( they were prolly at one on another phaze) cause the timer went down to around 15 min .. normally majors are done by 20 min remaining tops. i think i hit 4 or 5 in row,.. straight from one to the next. ( at least i got some keys and AF, cause i didn't get any gear worth mentioning)

TNO
12-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Who cares? SS majors are so 2014. The year when you actually got rewarded for doing them.

OokamiXIII
12-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Who cares? SS majors are so 2014. The year when you actually got rewarded for doing them.

This! As far as event majors not spawning right off I thought that them slowing down the spawn rates might have helped. Wishful thinking I guess.

Chump Norris
12-22-2015, 07:23 PM
It always takes 1-2 hrs for event majors to start spawning after reset....so random.

OokamiXIII
12-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Yeah that's what I get for hoping for ugrades...

MDA
12-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Technical reason is resets pull the initial code that the game was made on up before any patch based material. Need to clear the original arkfalls before the patch content gets into the cycle.

piekster78
12-24-2015, 01:20 PM
the reason why it takes so long after a reset is because after the initial three arkfalls are cleared, the game has to cycle through ALL the other events (incursion and siege) before another Arkfall can pop back up in each of the areas. This takes forever after a reset, because the player population is pretty low and many players are just sitting around, waiting for event arkfalls, not doing anything else. They don't realize that the faster you clear out events on the map, the faster you have a chance to get another arkfall to cycle. If you let the initial arkfall-incursion-siege-minors cycle despawn on its own, its going to take at least an hour and a half.

That's just the way the game is coded, round robin style. After an arkfall is done, you are pretty much guaranteed not to see another on in that zone of the map until that zone cycles through all the rest of the events.

SirServed
12-24-2015, 02:21 PM
That's just the way the game is coded, round robin style. After an arkfall is done, you are pretty much guaranteed not to see another on in that zone of the map until that zone cycles through all the rest of the events.
It's terrible coding at best. Believe it or not, there was a time when you could ALWAYS do Warmaster, ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. As soon as the Arkfall Wreckage despawned in one location, a new marker would pop up on the map in a potential location of a standard Major Arkfall Finale. Major Arkfalls spun up like it was no one's business so you actually had a choice of what to do. I miss those days. Then came the new event scheduler, which literally killed the spawn rate of events by making them take turns. This was the great idea to fix active events colliding with one another and it sucks. If an Incursion spawns in your respective area these days, you can kiss any Major activity that's not the Incursion goodbye for the next hour.

EDIT: In case you didn't notice, I don't like Incursions. They took the idea of a Death March and corrupted it to all hell and back. DLC3 introduced Incursions as *new content* in which you drive back and forth killing mobs until you get to an area and spend the next 15 minutes doing old content (yes, Sieges existed before DLC3, so they're old content).

piekster78
12-24-2015, 03:42 PM
EDIT: In case you didn't notice, I don't like Incursions. They took the idea of a Death March and corrupted it to all hell and back. DLC3 introduced Incursions as *new content* in which you drive back and forth killing mobs until you get to an area and spend the next 15 minutes doing old content (yes, Sieges existed before DLC3, so they're old content).[/QUOTE]

yeah, still don't understand why there are separate sieges when that's what's at the end of the incursions are anyway. I would rather have either the sieges be replaced with something else completely different or change the end of the incursion to something that isn't a siege.