PDA

View Full Version : ---VoX project--- Event

Grim
02-16-2013, 10:17 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/rabbitelliott7/DESGIN-A-BUG_zps67d6164d.png

First event is live
Ends on the 28th of march
Design a Hell bug
Hellbugs, scientific name Scylla Formicida, are a race of large six-legged beings created as a by-product of terraforming technology.
VoX industries would like you to design your own hellbug

must be six-legged
must be of your own design

post your entries here (http://voxtis.enjin.com/forum/m/10430943/viewthread/5904692-vox-project-design-hell-bug/page/1)

we have finally come up with the Prize and whats better to celebrate the upcoming launch but with the game of course.

The 1st Prize of the Competition is a Digital Deluxe Edition of Defiance
the 2nd Prize of the Competition is a Digital Standard Edition of Defiance ( thanks to Myll_Erik and the trion team.)
Pc version only
See here for rules (http://vox-ind.org/forum/m/10430943/viewthread/5915666-vox-industries-contests-official-rules)

So get to Arkhunters lets see what your made of.

Grim
02-24-2013, 08:48 PM
bump

event is live and ends 28th march

A s0t
02-24-2013, 09:42 PM
PC only that discrimination, good sir

Grim
02-25-2013, 04:09 AM
PC only that discrimination, good sir

OH WELL

In other news we have upgraded the prize to Digital Deluxe Edition of Defiance for the Winner.

Good luck all

Kaonashi
02-25-2013, 09:11 AM
What happen to the 2 key give away the thread got erased?

Krazee DD
02-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Damn, wish I had time to do this. Would be fun. Ill see what I can do.

Myll_Erik
02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Just shared this via our Twitter feed. :) Huge thanks for doing this - we'll contact you via PM.

gjdunga
02-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Good Sir,

It appears that one must register on your site to see the Rules & Regulations regarding the submission of the contest.

Is this also a requirement?

Being a semi paranoid & private individual, I am concerned about information phishing and what not, so I wonder if you would be kind enough to post those rules and submission criteria publicly here, or make it so one can see them without having to register from your site..

Regards,

Gabriel

Myll_Erik
02-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Howdy Folks!

Please wait for an update from these fine folks. :)

seventhaxis
02-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Last time I checked this thread, the winner was to be announced last week. Now one post says April 1 and another says March 28. And where's the alpha key thread?

Best of luck with your giveaway events, and certainly no offense intended, but it all comes across as poorly planned and organized.

Skysz
02-25-2013, 10:56 AM

You should of Received a PM From me If you have any issues with it please contact me, The Alpha Key Contest was mine to hold. You should of received a PM From Me.

Just shared this via our Twitter feed. :) Huge thanks for doing this - we'll contact you via PM.

Thanks for that Myll_Erik

Good Sir,

It appears that one must register on your site to see the Rules & Regulations regarding the submission of the contest.

Being a semi paranoid & private individual, I am concerned about information phishing and what not, so I wonder if you would be kind enough to post those rules and submission criteria publicly here, or make it so one can see them without having to register from your site..

Regards,

Gabriel
I will check with Grim and see what we can do to accommodate you for the competition.

Howdy Folks!

Please wait for an update from these fine folks. :) I will try to keep everyone updated as possible when Grim is not online

Last time I checked this thread, the winner was to be announced last week. Now one post says April 1 and another says March 28. And where's the alpha key thread?

Best of luck with your giveaway events, and certainly no offense intended, but it all comes across as poorly planned and organized.

It was for a different contest, and the Alpha Key Thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2387-VoX-Industries-Alpha-Key-Competition-Give-Away!!!)
It was no fault of Grim's or VoX in General it was a mistake on my part, I apologize for any inconvinces given. And I will be better prepared for the future. I will learn from my mistake

seventhaxis
02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
No worries Skysz. I think it was a fair question -- along with a few other valid questions -- met with a fair response. Congrats to any winners who received PMs and, like I said, best of luck to Vox with your events.

Metriosity
02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
After a retweet of this on Twitter, I had better get drawing!

It's extremely unlikely I will win the game, but the pull of designing a hellbug is too much to resist.

Can't wait to see all the designs that come from this. Good luck everyone!

Grim
02-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Good day all

Thanks for all your Question if you bare with me I will try to answer them all.

Kaonashi please contact Skysz he will talk you thro the process of getting your key We cant point fingers here all we can do is learn from our mistakes. And we can assure this wont happen again with our events.

Thanks for your time Myll_Erik i have replayed to your messages and we thank you kindly for your post on Twitter.

Good Sir,

Regards,

Gabriel

Dear Gabriel Im sorry you feel this way and understand completely personal security is one of our highest concerns.

Our site is a respected site via enjin network it has the highest grade protection that has to offer and it is not our own personal website so no info will be stored. if this dose not still fit your needs i can copy the rules here.

Please note that we are community and most of us are family based and work hard this was our first two events we have eva done and it was to treat the community and to bond it together.

the 1st was a miss type. 28th of march is the end of our Design a hell bug event. just in time to contact the winning party

Yet again folk were really sorry about the confusion we have also updated the rules so anyone world wide can enter to win and its a digital download no a Physical copy :)

If the community has anymore question please feel free to contact me asap and i will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Grim
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
We have a huge update
The 1st Prize of the Competition is a Digital Deluxe Edition of Defiance
the 2nd Prize of the Competition is a Digital Standard Edition of Defiance ( thanks to Myll_Erik and the trion team.)

That right arkhunters Trion has donated a copy for us to give away can we have a big thank you to them.

Grim
02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
our new flyer for the event is up

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/rabbitelliott7/DESGIN-A-BUG_zps67d6164d.png

blueeyes
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
ok now this is cool. i suck at drawing but i am going to try

Grim
02-25-2013, 04:46 PM
well we wish you all the best of luck.

XeLSiS
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey Grim/Skysz.

Thanks for hosting the alpha competition the last week and thank you for choosing my submission as a winning applicant. Im going to thoroughly enjoy the alpha :)

Again, thanks VoX!

Grim
02-25-2013, 07:07 PM
no problem :) hope you enjoy the beta

Grim
02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
remember guys you just have to sign up as a guest takes two minutes and you could win big

Lightcaster
02-25-2013, 11:28 PM
It'd be awesome if Trion integrated the winner in to a future update :P Or perhaps just one of the hellbugs they liked or something :P

welshwizard
02-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Hay it's worth ago.Might not win but hay whos knows.Im sure the odds are better than the lotto :D

Skysz
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Finally better than a lottery chance!!

Grim
02-26-2013, 06:39 PM
well we are getting a few new entries now hopefully more of the community will come try there luck remember vox dose not get anything for this bar seeing the community come together to have sum fun :) so what are you all waiting for get those artist hats on and try your luck who knows you might just save a load of cash and win a copy of the game.

Grim
02-27-2013, 04:24 AM
It'd be awesome if Trion integrated the winner in to a future update :P Or perhaps just one of the hellbugs they liked or something :P

haha Would be awesome but i doubt it.

in other news what other competitions would the community like to see.

Grim
02-27-2013, 08:24 PM
bump to keep active

Lightcaster
02-28-2013, 01:08 AM
haha Would be awesome but i doubt it.

I know, but we can hope, yeah?

in other news what other competitions would the community like to see

Not sure about before the game starts, but it'd be cool to have a target contest or something. Perhaps also RP thing, like Character Story or something.

Grim
02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Not sure about before the game starts, but it'd be cool to have a target contest or something. Perhaps also RP thing, like Character Story or something.

hmm thanks for the ideas im looking in to maby a few new events after launch of the game.

Grim
03-01-2013, 06:17 AM
With less than a month to go how is your drawing going.

Skysz
03-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Lets see those Entries!!

Grim
03-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Come on guys what are you waiting for come win a copy of the game all you have to do is draw it don't have to be amazing get your kids to draw it have a little family fun remember this is now a world wide event so everyone 16 years and over can enter.

all you have to do to enter is

1 draw a bug
2 upload it sum where
3 sign up on our site as a guest here (http://vox-ind.org/recruitment)
4 post your entries here (http://vox-ind.org/forum/m/10430943/viewthread/5904692-vox-project-design-hell-bug/post/last#last)
5 wait to see who the winner is on the 28th of march

Lightcaster
03-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I feel like making something interesting looking, so I'm slowly working on it bit by bit. Drawing takes a long time for me :P (OCD/Perfectionist people shouldn't draw lol)

Dead_Phoenix
03-03-2013, 01:41 AM
i would love to but being 27 and cant draw any better then my 4 year old is plain embarrising :)

Grim
03-03-2013, 10:27 AM
im sure it would be awesome Dead 0.o

Grim
03-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Hey all just a update our monthly guild meeting will be on the 28th of march here we will sort the winners of the hell bug competition you are all welcome to come and join in have a chat with the vox team.

you can acquire the ts3 info from our site or by messaging a officer

Grim
03-04-2013, 11:15 PM
>>>>>>>>> Bump

Skysz
03-10-2013, 02:01 AM
Competition is still going on and we are looking for your entries present them and show them to the entire community!!!

Legende
03-10-2013, 03:54 AM
I feel your pain! I have ideas, but getting it on paper is a whole other issue. ^^; I'm sure someone blind-folded could draw something better.

Skysz
03-12-2013, 02:53 AM
Does not hurt to give it a try :)

KBob
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Does not hurt to give it a try :)

Actually it does.
I submitted the picture and was trolled. I removed the picture, removed all my posts from the topic and submitted another one. I was banned (on a ground of _me_ being troll) AND my submission was removed.

I tried to get another user to submit another application, but it was rejected with the information that event is CLOSED (see link below).

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1392/grimlegendbah.png

So I have no other chance except to request re-instate my earlier deleted submission for the competition, as it satisfy the rules ( I completely recognize that it's in power of "jury" to not approve it as a best one, or second best, but I'd like to make it transparent to everyone interested, even though I believe situation is transparent enough as it is.

What makes me sad though, is the fact that TRION's trust was violated by those guys ( I hope that in the future there still will be keys etc. provided to the community, despites of such incedents ).

Best,
KBob

eightbawl
03-26-2013, 06:11 PM
If you feel that you have been treated wrong in some way. I would be more than happy to chat with you via our TS3 client. if you PM me I will give you the info. or it can be found on our website at
www.vox-ind.org/forum

KBob
03-26-2013, 06:35 PM
If you feel that you have been treated wrong in some way. I would be more than happy to chat with you via our TS3 client. if you PM me I will give you the info. or it can be found on our website at
www.vox-ind.org/forum

Thanks for suggestion eightbawl, but after my previous experience I'd like to stick to traceable conversation media ( I don't want to overload my harddrive by recordings of our discussions in teamspeak ). Besides the questions are very simple

1) why my submission was deleted ( I don't care why my account was banned frankly speaking, as I only created it to submit an entry ) and
2) why it's not reinstated in the competition after my original request ( in case you somehow managed to lose a link - it's here: http://imageshack.us/a/img32/733/bugpy2.png
3) why did you close submissions to the competition three days ahead of advertised date ( see provided by me screenshot for the proof of close, and see this topic for the advertised date )

I believe it's not that difficult to answer to those questions directly either in this topic, or in PM on forums, but if you think you need a discussion on TS for any reason - feel free to post a reason for it here.

Thanks,
KBob

eightbawl
03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks for suggestion eightbawl, but after my previous experience I'd like to stick to traceable conversation media ( I don't want to overload my harddrive by recordings of our discussions in teamspeak ). Besides the questions are very simple

I can record it if you would like..

1) why my submission was deleted ( I don't care why my account was banned frankly speaking, as I only created it to submit an entry ) and

It was deleted due to the rules. the rules state that it must be of your own design and "drawn" your image seems to be photoshoped and our forum rules state that we do not tollerate any trolling at any time which is why your negative remarks about other entries where deleted.

2) why it's not reinstated in the competition after my original request ( in case you somehow managed to lose a link - it's here: http://imageshack.us/a/img32/733/bugpy2.png

3) why did you close submissions to the competition three days ahead of advertised date ( see provided by me screenshot for the proof of close, and see this topic for the advertised date )

The submission close date was March 25th. the Winner will be announced March 28th. Your re-submission attempt was March 26th.

I believe it's not that difficult to answer to those questions directly either in this topic, or in PM on forums, but if you think you need a discussion on TS for any reason - feel free to post a reason for it here.

Thanks,
KBob

I Felt that since this was more of a personal issue involving you and Vox, that we should keep it amongst ourselves and handle it the same, without the attempts to flame our community via a public forum post. Hence, why i wanted to speak to you on TS first.

Thanks
EightBawl
VP - Vox Industries.

Bravesteel25
03-26-2013, 07:02 PM
I think if this is done again, it should say: "Last day to submit entries is Blah-Blah" and then "winners will be announced on bleh" I read the opening post to mean that entries may still be submitted until the 28th. Just being someone from the outside looking in, so to speak.

I wasn't going to enter, but I read the entire thread, so thought I'd give my 2 bits.

eightbawl
03-26-2013, 07:13 PM
The Flyer does state that the event ends on March 28th. But it also states to "please read the rules" on our site, which state that entries will be accepted until march 25th.

But thanks for the input Brave.

KBob
03-26-2013, 07:14 PM
It was deleted due to the rules. the rules state that it must be of your own design and "drawn" your image seems to be photoshoped

1) It was created AND photoshoped by me (yes, I have copy of photoshop elements). Please re-check your rules there is no requirements of "drawn by hand". There is request of "your own design". Here is screenshot in case you need it
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3088/grimcontestrules.png

Also I wasn't contacted about this or any other question.

2) and our forum rules state that we do not tollerate any trolling at any time which is why your negative remarks about other entries where deleted.

I think enjin has soft delete, so I would appreciate you quoting (feel free to do it in PM) any my negative comment towards any of submissions, and I bring my apologizes in advance, in case anything I said was perceived as such, but it's not relevant to the topic, so we could postpone this activity. Now that we clarified (I hope) that my submission didn't violate your rules. Will it be reinstated ? And if not - why.

The submission close date was March 25th.

Could you please refer to the point in rules that says it ? In any case - I'm happy that now we are past the point of this being relevant for me personally (I still believe that you shall re-open competition as there was no point in rules about 25th). When exactly my original submission will be reinstated as the one satisfying all the PUBLISHED rules ?

I Felt that since this was more of a personal issue involving you and Vox, that we should keep it amongst ourselves and handle it the same, without the attempts to flame our community via a public forum post. Hence, why i wanted to speak to you on TS first.

Well .. I didn't have any personal issue with Vox (by the way it was me who removed all my messages besides submission, just to ensure that there is no problem with any misunderstanding .. so the ONLY possible reason for the ban was submission itself .

As for the using public forums - I hope that I explained my reasoning in the first message.

KBob
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
The Flyer does state that the event ends on March 28th. But it also states to "please read the rules" on our site, which state that entries will be accepted until march 25th.

As everyone could see in the screenshot provided by me in the previous message
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3088/grimcontestrules.png ( made 15 minutes ago lol )

- it DIDN'T SAY that entries will be accepted till march 25th on march 25th ... but RIGHT NOW (as everyone again could see in the screenshot in this message it says so and it says also it was edited by YOU today ... great work. I rest my case .

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/5411/detailscorrectedentry.png

eightbawl
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
If it will suffice, we will use your link to your image as an entry. IF you win You will be contacted via this forum.

With that being said I feel its safe to assume there will be no further need to discuss the matter???

KBob
03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
If it will suffice, we will use your link to your image as an entry. IF you win You will be contacted via this forum.

With that being said I feel its safe to assume there will be no further need to discuss the matter???

I completely agree with you that there is no need to discuss the matter any more. As you could see in my first message - the reason for the excercise was to ensure that we are going to have a healthy and honest community, and I hope that you are interested in having one not less than I do.

I leave the topic and subject ( the only reason for me to come back to it will be contact from you guys with information that I win first or second place ... I feel like this would need to be posted on the same topic (provided that it still exists), but I wouldn't hold my breath :) )

eightbawl
03-26-2013, 08:14 PM
As everyone could see in the screenshot provided by me in the previous message
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3088/grimcontestrules.png ( made 15 minutes ago lol )

- it DIDN'T SAY that entries will be accepted till march 25th on march 25th ... but RIGHT NOW (as everyone again could see in the screenshot in this message it says so and it says also it was edited by YOU today ... great work. I rest my case .

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/5411/detailscorrectedentry.png

Yes I did edit the post to reflect the due date. Since no entries were recieved after that date, it was of no consequence.
This was an attempt to clear up any confusion. The judges will need to time to review the entries before the 28th.

We do apologize for the misconception as it is our fault for not clarifying it sooner. But saw no need as most entries were already in. However, after further review, your entry is still un accepted due to a breach in forum conduct and as such had your entry taken away. Using another account to try and submit a banned entry was not the right course of action if you felt that you were mistreated or thought your way of speaking to other entry applicants was not in a negative light. That could of been brought up to me or any Officer of Vox Industries. We can continue to debate this subject, but filling up the event forums is not the right place for it. Our teamspeak is always availiable and can be recorded from our end if you wish or we can post this in a different area and have it saved.

KBob
03-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes I did edit the post to reflect the due date. Since no entries were recieved after that date, it was of no consequence.
This was an attempt to clear up any confusion. The judges will need to time to review the entries before the 28th.
So you decided to go this way ? Well, it was your decision after all.
Based on your own contest rules ( yes, I have screenshot, as usual), you publish START AND END ENTRY dates, not anything else. You could see p.3 of overall rules for this statement.

We do apologize for the misconception as it is our fault for not clarifying it sooner. But saw no need as most entries were already in. However, after further review, your entry is still un accepted due to a breach in forum conduct

Based on your contest rules - forum conduct isn't part of requirements to participate in competition, AND on top of this - it's now your responsibilty to proof that there was breach of forum conduct from my side, as I consider this specific statement from you as damaging to my reputation. Also as there was no change in anything relevant for contest between your decision of re-accepting my submission and your decision to re-remove it, I believe that this is the rare situation where I could rest my case second time.

Using another account to try and submit a banned entry was not the right course of action if you felt that you were mistreated or thought your way of speaking to other entry applicants was not in a negative light. That could of been brought up to me or any Officer of Vox Industries. We can continue to debate this subject

I never had intention to submit BANNED ENTRY. I had intention to, exactly as you said - clarify the situation on your forums (and yes, everyone could see that I agreed to register even w/o chance to participate in the contest), so again - reconsided your statement ( I believe that apologizes are also due ).

but filling up the event forums is not the right place for it.

Well, considering that you were caught here multiple times, and considering that you prevent other (non-clan) people from winning your contest even though you are USING TRION's sponsorship - it is exactly right place for this discussion, and also exactly right place to clarify the image of VoX project overall.

Our teamspeak is always availiable and can be recorded from our end if you wish or we can post this in a different area and have it saved.
Sorry, but after all situations created in this topic by you - I don't see any reason visiting your teamspeak. Also, I would appreciate if you stop inventing new reasons in each message, and stick to the ORIGINAL posted versions of rules with explanations of perceived violations etc.

NB. Just as we are on the page 6 - this game shall have healthy AND HONEST community.

ev08u
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
im so confused, so you guys are not accepting submissions anymore, thought it was til the 28th

Bast
03-26-2013, 09:15 PM
QUOTE=KBob;119258]So you decided to go this way ? Well, it was your decision after all.
Based on your own contest rules ( yes, I have screenshot, as usual), you publish START AND END ENTRY dates, not anything else. And you have up to 45 days after END date to identify winners.

No our rules state that " 6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on VoX Industries and/or receive a Private Message on VoX Industries. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where VoX Industries hardcore fans are most active."

As well your misconception about 45 days is "
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info. "

Based on your contest rules - forum conduct isn't part of requirements to participate in competition, AND on top of this - it's now your responsibilty to proof that there was breach of forum conduct from my side, as I consider this specific statement from you as damaging to my reputation.

Actually you are wrong as it does state to read the rules which does include policies on conduct during the contest which I can show. And you did stated that you deleted your own posts as well we have proof of such, but you are here discussing why your submission was deleted. Damaging your own reputation is not of our own fault, but was brought up here due to you posting everything that occurred from your point of view.

I never had intention to submit BANNED ENTRY. I had intention to, exactly as you said - clarify the situation on your forums (and yes, everyone could see that I agreed to register even w/o chance to participate in the contest), so again - reconsided your statement ( I believe that apologizes are also due ).

That statement is wrong due to the fact it says on your application as a guest that you stated you wanted to participate in the event.

http://api.ning.com/files/6M8H373xlgSifm8nOxaHfdhbUBQPXIwMgRHkjYMOL1VGU5lDNE TAc6SoM9FDDPbw-K8*vjumVBMLi4PTp-nNHf4UWYBb0AQd/hellbug.png?width=737&height=414

Well, considering that you were caught here multiple times, and considering that you prevent other (non-clan) people from winning your contest even though you are USING TRION's sponsorship - it is exactly right place for this discussion, and also exactly right place to clarify the image of VoX project overall.

We did not prevent non-clan members from participating, that is your own personal beliefs or feelings from being removed from the contest. All other participants are still there and will have a winner among them. We also have a rule of only 1 submission per user and of your own design. So if you were trying to post it from another account or someone posting it for you, It breaches the rules. As your original submission was banned from the contest.

Sorry, but after all situations created in this topic by you - I don't see any reason visiting your teamspeak. Also, I would appreciate if you stop inventing new reasons in each message, and stick to the ORIGINAL posted versions of rules with explanations of perceived violations etc.

Despite what was said, it still is within our rules. The end date is still the same, as well as our decision to reject your submission.

NB. Just as we are on the page 6 - this game shall have healthy AND HONEST community.

Yes despite your previous statement of saying you agreed to register without a chance to participate in the event, yet said otherwise on the application.

KBob
03-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Yes despite your previous statement of saying you agreed to register without a chance to participate in the event, yet said otherwise on the application.

Exactly, and the way to participate was to discuss with you guys the reasons behind deletion of my submission (and re-instating it in the competition) .. so I had no issue with absence of possibility to submit new one. And ONLY when you disagree with reinstating me as a guest ( please note, that I didn't mask my IP or consufe you in any other way ), I post a topic here with exactly same questions that I was going to ask on your forums. And as you could see - it help you to "clarify" your rules etc. But how exactly this is related to your deletion of my submission or your attempt to accuse me in some unidentified "forum rules" breach?

Bast
03-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Exactly, and the way to participate was to discuss with you guys the reasons behind deletion of my submission (and re-instating it in the competition) .. so I had no issue with absence of possibility to submit new one. And ONLY when you disagree with reinstating me as a guest ( please note, that I didn't mask my IP or consufe you in any other way ), I post a topic here with exactly same questions that I was going to ask on your forums. And as you could see - it help you to "clarify" your rules etc. But how exactly this is related to your deletion of my submission or your attempt to accuse me in some unidentified "forum rules" breach?

Your only post on the application was to participate in the hell bug event, you did not state that you were someone else or even hinted at it. Till after I replied to you stating that the hellbug event was closed and said that you wanted a reply on defiance forums in which we found out who you were.

http://api.ning.com/files/6M8H373xlgSYu6SFuX8qRuYOzED7Qc-JdTPCJvLevun5zd5xbqOg42nbCybv7HehHjfHs2nc6o-571b9Ul-1KFpWbWu59mLm/hellbug2.png?width=737&height=414

eightbawl
03-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Since you seem so adamant about continuing the conversation, If you want to "discuss" it any further. You can do it in our TS With Grim, Myself, and the rest of the VoX team.

----END----

Bast
03-26-2013, 09:34 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/6M8H373xlgSifm8nOxaHfdhbUBQPXIwMgRHkjYMOL1VGU5lDNE TAc6SoM9FDDPbw-K8*vjumVBMLi4PTp-nNHf4UWYBb0AQd/hellbug.png

ev08u
03-26-2013, 09:37 PM
don't mean to interupt, but like i previously posted, is this still going on, just want to know if im gonna still be able to submit my entry or not, haven't been following this thread or your site recently

Bast
03-26-2013, 09:41 PM
don't mean to interupt, but like i previously posted, is this still going on, just want to know if im gonna still be able to submit my entry or not, haven't been following this thread or your site recently

Sorry but no, the event is closed and awaiting a winner of said event. And you're not interrupting anything, my apologies for the disruption. It is our own fault for the misconception of the due date, we do however hope you have a pleasant day and to see you at launch.

KBob
03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
@Bast - no wall of text please. p.3 of your rules says - you publish START AND END ENTRY days. The rest is moot ( I corrected my statement about 45 days as it could lead to diversion - don't try to excercise it).

Actually you are wrong as it does state to read the rules which does include policies on conduct during the contest which I can show. And you did stated that you deleted your own posts as well we have proof of such, but you are here discussing why your submission was deleted.

@Bast - there was NO violation in my posts (first - feel free to publish them here, I don't mind, and also there was post of your officer AFTER them, and this post is still around, and yes, I have screenshot ), and later on someone banned me while the only new post of mine was submission post (which I never deleted). I'm glad that you are trying to explain behaviour of your officers, it's a good thing to do.

That statement is wrong due to the fact it says on your application as a guest that you stated you wanted to participate in the event.

Yes I want to participate in the event. Still do. How it is related to potential idea of me submitting something new that you try to entertain?

We did not prevent non-clan members from participating, that is your own personal beliefs or feelings from being removed from the contest. All other participants are still there and will have a winner among them. We also have a rule of only 1 submission per user and of your own design. So if you were trying to post it from another account or someone posting it for you, It breaches the rules. As your original submission was banned from the contest.

At any given moment of time I had only one submission to the contest (as well as the first participant in the contest ), and I didn't post and didn't intend to post ANY new submission since the ban, so in case you are interested in being honest - could you please explain the reason of the ban ( not your OPINION on it, but the reason, with some proof, you know ... ).

Despite what was said, it still is within our rules. The end date is still the same, as well as our decision to reject your submission.
No, you* CORRECTED END ENTRY DATE, and did it AFTER THE FACT. I have screenshots, and they are posted in this topic. Also you* removed submission (and yes, it's also stated in this topic, because you thought for a second that it's not mine .. and "photoshoped" .. at least this was one of the statements in the topic. And you agreed to reinstate it - which was another statement in the same topic . I'm going to bed now, so feel free to post whatever you like - things are cristal clear for anyone who is interested in them.

I agreed to register without chance of new submission as submissions were closed. There was no obstacle for discussion and hence no obstacle for reinstating my earlier submission (and hence participation). I thought it was easy enough to understand.

* - someone with admin rights on your forums

Bast
03-26-2013, 10:29 PM
" KBob;119392]@Bast - no wall of text please. p.3 of your rules says - you publish START AND END ENTRY days. The rest is moot ( I corrected my statement about 45 days as it could lead to diversion - don't try to excercise it). "

You mean you corrected it due to your misconception about it taking 45 days to select a winner?

" Yes I want to participate in the event. Still do. How it is related to potential idea of me submitting something new that you try to entertain? "

You wanted to participate in the event even though it is stated 1 entry per person. So if you're not submitting something new, and your previous one is currently not allowed at this time. We are here debating why your submission is banned even though we gave the reasons and stated that the event is not taking any more entries. But as you applied under a different name and did not clarify who you were, I had replied to said application as denied as i did not know who you were nor did you say you were here to debate about your banned entry till I had denied the request.

"No, you CORRECTED END ENTRY DATE, and did it AFTER THE FACT. I have screenshots, and they are posted in this topic. Also you removed submission (and yes, it's also stated in this topic, because you thought for a second that it's not mine .. and "photoshoped" .. at least this was one of the statements in the topic. And you agreed to reinstate it - which was another statement in the same topic . I'm going to bed now, so feel free to post whatever you like - things are cristal clear for anyone who is interested in them."

The statement still stands that you were banned due to poor behavior from you to other entry applicants, and despite you deleting your posts of said content. And we cannot recover said posts and I even put in a ticket about restoration of deleted posts. We do have a picture of the logs with you deleting the posts yourself as to prevent yourself from being able to be scrutinized on said behavior. The admin of the event however still found you guilty of breach of conduct during the event and rejected your submission after seeing the posts before you deleted them, I think this is easy enough to understand .If you can provide proof of such entry stating you would be reinstated please provide it. As for the entry date eightball stated why the post was edited to prevent any further confusion. And even if it did continued, your entry was still banned. So my apologies on this, but there is nothing left to say on this topic.

http://api.ning.com/files/6M8H373xlgS7zwAaPRx55hiEVc7RTWnQ0gAbLWSnHEokR1Z8G0 Hx2DhWEeuKjtaUAY6CPeH4KxMTRZr1D5g7-m7J-YWx3JJj/Kbobdeletinghisposts.png?width=737&height=414

KageB0shii
03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
KBob,
Getting down to the very core of the massive debate above: your entry and probably why it was denied.
- The entry which you linked, was created using a game called "Spore". Creatures created using Spore and photo-shopping out the background are hardly "your own" creations. Spore entirely uses pre-fabbed character parts owned by it's creators and EA. There is no actual 3d creation of your own going on in the software, hence the disqualification. Arguing further is moot.

Now, yes, you were BANNED. I can not say why (because I was not on during the incident), but Vox does NOT ban without reason.

Vox does these events to help build a better community. Yes, mistakes are sometimes made, but you need to realize a few things:
- 1) We provide the funds for the community prizes using OUR OWN hard earned money. (The only exception was the secondary prize in this event)

- 2) Being that we are not sponsored by Trion, we do these events by our rules, in our domain, and we owe NO proof for consequential actions taken on users within that domain. We do however offer those who have had actions taken against them, a chance to rectify the issue by verbally speaking with us on our TS server in a confidential/non-public manner just in case it was a mistake. This you have been offered, but declined multiple times.

- 3) If we didn't want community members to win our events, we would simply not post them publicly and keep them to our own clan.

Now you can do 1 of 2 things:
1) Hop on our TS and possibly rectify your ban
or
2) Piss off, because you're being a troll for people trying to do something good and fun for the community.

-B0shii

ev08u
03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
Sorry but no, the event is closed and awaiting a winner of said event. And you're not interrupting anything, my apologies for the disruption. It is our own fault for the misconception of the due date, we do however hope you have a pleasant day and to see you at launch.

oh well, i have a nice drawing that im gonna just post on the thread anyway when finished

Bast
03-26-2013, 11:30 PM
oh well, i have a nice drawing that im gonna just post on the thread anyway when finished

Okay ^-^, feel free to do so. Sorry again sir :<

KBob
03-27-2013, 05:27 AM
KBob,
Getting down to the very core of the massive debate above: ...

Now, yes, you were BANNED. I can not say why (because I was not on during the incident), but Vox does NOT ban without reason. ...

- 2) Being that we are not sponsored by Trion, we do these events by our rules, in our domain, and we owe NO proof for consequential actions taken on users within that domain. We do however offer those who have had actions taken against them, a chance to rectify the issue by verbally speaking with us on our TS server in a confidential/non-public manner just in case it was a mistake.

- 3) If we didn't want community members to win our events, we would simply not post them publicly and keep them to our own clan.

I got your point Kage, my point is also simple - you took contest in your server, you change the rules during the process and you keep accusing me of being troll, due to the fact, that I had to bring topic here for you to start talking to me.

Forget about my submission - I didn't expect to win, it was interesting to participate and see how people judge those things (my expectation was to get an advise to switch to my original one, as the adjusted could be not acceptable due to any reason), the point on hands is - your clan shortened duration of contest for three days on pretend of giving "judges" time to decide who is the winner, while having only _EIGHT_ submissions not yet deleted.

As you said - this is your competition and you could do whatever you like with it, just take an advice and try in the future not be so obvious in what you do, and at least pretend to be nice.

KageB0shii
03-27-2013, 07:08 AM
your clan shortened duration of contest for three days on pretend of giving "judges" time to decide who is the winner

No, we did not shorten the event. We simply forgot to add the submission due date to the original post. We have openly admitted that and apologized. Your consistent implication that this was intentional for our own greed is ridiculous and has no basis.

We are actually a nice group of people and probably would have let you submit an entry a little bit late if you would just have come and spoke to us, even though that was not the case and was based on a different matter. You still went the opposite route and publicly cried foul play.

while having only _EIGHT_ submissions not yet deleted.

Exactly 2 entries have been deleted. One user who used someone else's drawing from Deviantart (which we have verified was not submitted by the original artist), and then yours for reasons stated above.
- We are not on an entry deleting frenzy like this statement is implying. The others are still being judged for the winner, and even after the event they will still be there for people to see.

, and at least pretend to be nice.

We have been considerate and patient in dealing with your case and provided enough material/reasoning from our side. There is no pretending to be nice about it.

- B0shii

KBob
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
No, we did not shorten the event. We simply forgot to add the submission due date to the original post. We have openly admitted that and apologized.
Great. Let's keep it this way.

Your consistent implication that this was intentional for our own greed is ridiculous and has no basis.

well .. when someone saying - "read at other rules it's written there", and it wasn't written five minutes ago - well .. just saying that I have a reason to believe differently, but I'm more than happy to let it go.

We are actually a nice group of people and probably would have let you submit an entry a little bit late if you would just have come and spoke to us, even though that was not the case and was based on a different matter. You still went the opposite route and publicly cried foul play.

I tend to believe in mankind .. that's why I play this type of games. As far as I know enjin is really good site, so as long as you figure out why I was banned - feel free to contact me by PM. Before that I had to keep my opinion about the group ( please note - I, without any doubt accept that your group have quite a few nice individuals inside ).

Exactly 2 entries have been deleted. One user who used someone else's drawing from Deviantart (which we have verified was not submitted by the original artist), and then yours for reasons stated above.
- We are not on an entry deleting frenzy like this statement is implying. The others are still being judged for the winner, and even after the event they will still be there for people to see.

We have been considerate and patient in dealing with your case and provided enough material/reasoning from our side. There is no pretending to be nice about it.
- B0shii
Well .. I wouldn't call all the accusations from your group "patient", but I appreciate the effort anyway, and even still have a hope to get information on the reasons of original ban. Hopefullly this concludes activity in the topic.

I wish you (both personally and as a group) all the best in the game.

ev08u
03-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Here's my "unofficial submission"
http://i.imgur.com/ZdvCJD7.jpg (http://imgur.com/ZdvCJD7)

ACReaper
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Here's my "unofficial submission"
http://i.imgur.com/ZdvCJD7.jpg (http://imgur.com/ZdvCJD7)

nice if only it was entered soon :( thats in my top 3.

exxcess
03-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey vox it says event ends march 28 can i still get my entry in today? its currently 9:47 AM where i am and i have school for another 7 hours I hope I still have a chance my sketch is kick ***! :D

ev08u
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Hey vox it says event ends march 28 can i still get my entry in today? its currently 9:47 AM where i am and i have school for another 7 hours I hope I still have a chance my sketch is kick ***! :D

nope, they messed up and didn't mention they weren't taking submissions after the 25th

ev08u
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
nice if only it was entered soon :( thats in my top 3.

thanks, yeah it's a shame

exxcess
03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
nope, they messed up and didn't mention they weren't taking submissions after the 25th

oh....well then.