PDA

View Full Version : How popular is the game (Dec 24, 2015)

theWocky
12-24-2015, 10:30 AM
So, it's Christmas Eve and I am downloading the game.

Yes, I know it's F2P, and I can just try it, but would like to know how active the EU and US servers are?

I'll be in New Zealand later in the year, so will probably switch from EU to US later.

Just curious how active the game is?
It is growing?

MrHulot
12-24-2015, 10:53 AM
I joined a couple of weeks ago, and it's definitely not a ghost town. There are plenty of people at events like Arkfalls and sieges. On the other hand, I don't see other people who appear to be as much of a noob as I am; that is, most people in the game seem pretty experienced compared to me. But that may be because I am new to first-person-shooter games as well.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-24-2015, 11:05 AM
You might want to just stick with the NA server. From what I understand, and I may be wrong, the NA server has a much larger populace than the EU.

EU players might want to chime in and prove me wrong.

Etaew
12-24-2015, 11:34 AM
The game is what you make of it, regardless of how many people you see on the screen. Major events will always have players.

SocialGerm69
12-24-2015, 11:42 AM
I play on Xbox NA and there are always a lot of players in world. There are many clans with daily players ranging in size from huge to twenty or so dedicated people. The game is very fun to play and there is always something to do. The best parts for me personally are collecting, trading, and modding the items in the game. There are an endless amount of types and variants, and new ones are always coming out. This is another enjoyable aspect and that is arguing over what weapon is better than what and complaining about the game. I would say that the majority of players (including myself) spend at least 5% of their actual play time complaining about this or that, critting out, and bmg spam. The game does have some faults, yet I am amazed they were able to pull a game off of such size and scale on an Xbox 360 anyhow. Hence the phasing and the 100's of Steves walking around. Still, it does rock when you first a vaccine synthesizer, or track down that t4 plate slicer barrel for your friends gun after a week of spamming chat. Hope you enjoy it I didn't catch what platform you were downloading on, but if it's Xbox say hey if you run across The False Prophets and happy hunting.

Ocho
12-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Hey Wocky,

Good to see you in Defiance!

From the development side, we've got a pretty ambitious plan to continue to add to Defiance for 2016. We've got releases for January (PvP/QoL update), February (return of the Heartbreaker event), and March (Player Trading, EGO leveling improvements) scheduled, although dates are of course changeable. We're still very committed to Defiance and its community.

Let us know how it goes, always good to get a new set of eyes on the game and you're never shy with the feedback. ;)

Moving to New Zealand or just staying for a while?

SlickSilver
12-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Hi all,
Granted, the NA servers may have more population due to the size of USA etc, but I find the EU servers can be quite busy. Always loads at major events etc. Careful though.....the game can be addictive!

Best wishes and Merry Xmas!

WhiteStrike
12-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Hey Wocky,

From the development side, we've got a pretty ambitious plan to continue to add to Defiance for 2016. We've got releases for January (PvP/QoL update), February (return of the Heartbreaker event), and March (Player Trading, EGO leveling improvements) scheduled, although dates are of course changeable. We're still very committed to Defiance and its community.

Let us know how it goes, always good to get a new set of eyes on the game and you're never shy with the feedback. ;)

Yes!Finnaly!:D

Johnny Gatt
12-24-2015, 06:45 PM
If you play on xbox or ps3 I am on every day ....

Applebite
12-25-2015, 01:21 AM
If this is your first shooter online, you could certainly do worst than Defiance. Most of the learning curve is understanding what you're supposed to do. After that, it's a virtual playground. And even when you're bored, you can do whatever floats your boat.

And learn HOW to fight. <<< Often ignored while playing.

Rogueleader76
12-25-2015, 01:52 AM
Hey welcome!

I've been playing this game for a few months now and I have to say, I'm totally addicted to it. Its the only game that I play.

One thing I'll say is if you want to enhance you game experience, look for a good active clan to join. That has made the game so much more enjoyable for me.

Atticus Batman
12-25-2015, 04:26 AM
Since nobody mentioned it, I will. Your characters are server locked. So if you create one on Na and decide that you would like to play on EU, then you will have to create a new character for the EU server. They are also locked to the system that you created them on. So if you created them on PC, then get the game on Xbox 360 or Ps3 then you will have to create a new character on the server of your choice on that system as well.

The game is well populated and I have characters on both servers on Xbox 360, although I haven't played my EU character in quite a while.

A_D3MON
12-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Just to clarify this is not a first person shooter but rather a third person shooter...

But yea have fun and do ur best... Watch out for ripoff artists as well... U can normally ask who's who and find out... But again have fun

MrHulot
12-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Just to clarify this is not a first person shooter but rather a third person shooter...

But yea have fun and do ur best... Watch out for ripoff artists as well... U can normally ask who's who and find out... But again have fun

I'm sorry to spread mis-information. Could you explain the difference? Is it because I can see my chararacter, rather than just the gunsights?

Cobra Crusher
12-25-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry to spread mis-information. Could you explain the difference? Is it because I can see my chararacter, rather than just the gunsights?

Yes. 3rd person is like you're watching a video from a cameraman following your character around and first person is the view you would see if it was you in the game.

A_D3MON
12-25-2015, 05:42 PM

exactly what cobra said... and it's ok that u didn't kno... quite a few pple don't kno the difference and it is understandable as it doesn't rlly say if it's 3rd or 1st person

Mrdr
12-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Not only that, but the difference is so negligible that it doesn't really matter anyway...though some will disagree. :) Either way, you're shooting things in front of you and can't see what's behind you...in 3rd person you can see a little more of what's beside you than in 1st person but not a huge amount.

TL;DR: have fun shooting reagardless of person :D

MrHulot
12-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks, CobraCrusher, A_D3MON, and Mrdr!

DEATHBRINGER210
12-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Hey Wocky,

did yall fix the glitches / exploits in pvp? did yall do any testing with the crime fighter with the new pvp set up?

Bentu
12-27-2015, 05:58 PM
OT there's definitely not the turn out we've had in previous events.
Not on xbox anyway and on the ps3 this Xmas event has been the quietest one of the 3 I've done recently.

Jack Robo
01-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Hey Wocky,

What does it mean by "player trading"?
does it mean changes to or does it mean you can trade items between YOUR characters?

Johnny Gatt
01-04-2016, 05:33 PM
What does it mean by "player trading"?
does it mean changes to or does it mean you can trade items between YOUR characters?

I believe the player trading involves a cap to scrip transactions, not 100% sure. It's been mentioned a few times.

Saminator
01-04-2016, 06:25 PM
March is too long to wait for us high level players that have been capped for a looooong time now!

Ray8888
01-05-2016, 07:47 AM
I believe the player trading involves a cap to scrip transactions, not 100% sure. It's been mentioned a few times.

Mentioned by who? The devs said it would make it so everybody can see what you have for sale without the trade window. They said it was like a personal auction house. No dev ever mentioned a scrip cap that I'm aware of. Source?

WhiteStrike
01-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Hey Wocky,

What is the QoL?

PithHelmetIrath
01-05-2016, 09:02 AM
What is the QoL?

My best guess?

'Quality of Life'

Snapcase
01-05-2016, 09:59 AM
QoL, Quantity of Lag.
And welcome Wocky be prepared for a love/hate relationship with Defiance.

WhiteStrike
01-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Maybe it's Quests of Larvae?(Shrill Missions)

Ambergris
01-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Wocky, if you're still here, welcome to Defiance and this site.