PDA

View Full Version : Rigs?

DefiantOnex
12-27-2015, 09:07 AM
I know i can buy them from vendors but how do i go about obtaining them for free?.Is there a mission i need to complete?

Thanks in advance

The Lady
12-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Expeditions are the only way to get them for free.

Atticus Batman
12-27-2015, 03:54 PM
You must do expeditions or spend real money to get a rig. So if you want a rig that bad then you must do expos. You get 3 free hunter requisitions a week in your weekly box from the claims section of the bitstore. So you have 3 free chances a week at getting a rig in expos if you live long enough.

Or you could claim that weekly box every week for a month without doing any expos. Then at the end of the month you would have opened 4 weeklies, so you would have 12 HRs. That should definitely give you a chance of surviving long enough in an expo to get a rig.

Mrdr
12-27-2015, 04:49 PM
You must do expeditions or spend real money to get a rig. So if you want a rig that bad then you must do expos. You get 3 free hunter requisitions a week in your weekly box from the claims section of the bitstore. So you have 3 free chances a week at getting a rig in expos if you live long enough.

Or you could claim that weekly box every week for a month without doing any expos. Then at the end of the month you would have opened 4 weeklies, so you would have 12 HRs. That should definitely give you a chance of surviving long enough in an expo to get a rig.

Assuming, of course, that a rig will actually drop and not just a ton of mods.

Atticus Batman
12-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Assuming, of course, that a rig will actually drop and not just a ton of mods.

I said a chance not a guarantee. If he wants a guaranteed rig, then he should just buy a cyber rig supply crate or the Season 3 episode 3 box (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?216549-Season-Three-Community-EGO-Code-Expedition&highlight=season+code) from the bitstore.

The point is that if he wants one for free then his only option is to do expos and hope one drops.

DefiantOnex
12-29-2015, 12:20 AM
Oh that 'chance' word again :/ .Btw Atticus i love your detailed responses.Very big help man.

Thanks to all. I'm going to do my first one soon

Menetekel
12-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Join a good clan or ask some high level friends to let you tag along with them. I bring lower ego level clannies on expos all the time for drops. If your good you don't have to worry about dieing till teir 27/28 anyway. Might as well let someone get the drops...

P.s. if your not getting 5 rounds per HR you need to find a better group of runners.

Johnny Gatt
12-29-2015, 05:15 PM
The cyber rig crates only drop blue rigs, so if you want a purple or oj rig you have to do expos.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
The cyber rig crates only drop blue rigs, so if you want a purple or oj rig you have to do expos.

Really? Because I'm positive the OJ rig I have I got from the cyber rig crate. 1st day that they were introduced. Brian, Kon, and I all got orange rigs with them....

*edit*

I have never received an orange rig from expo...

snoglobe81
12-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Make sure your group is close in ego or have a good plan. Nothing fails an expo faster than that one player who doesn't work with you.

Got 2 oj rigs from playing. A few decent oj chips and weapons too.

Menetekel
12-29-2015, 11:47 PM

I don't know about now... but I know when they first came out and gave out free ones to everyone a couple of friends got oj... I got blue go figure.

Johnny Gatt
12-30-2015, 03:38 AM
Really? Because I'm positive the OJ rig I have I got from the cyber rig crate. 1st day that they were introduced. Brian, Kon, and I all got orange rigs with them....

*edit*

I have never received an orange rig from expo...

You guys were lucky on the crates.... they are all blue rigs now, no matter how many you buy. The epic and oj drops are on the chips only it seems.

DefiantOnex
12-31-2015, 01:43 AM
So i have tried to play an expedition and i have more questions lol

Firstly if i wanted to play exp with other players , is it like co op .where i can just go to quick match with with 3 other players or so.Or do i have to invite friends to play.

Secondly i was able to revive myself but not other players.Why was that?

A little more light shed please guys

Sevrin
12-31-2015, 07:43 AM
You can join expos in a team of two, three or four players or by yourself. If you join by yourself you may or may not end up with other players on your team -- but because expos are not that populated, you usually end up solo. You can only revive other players if your self-revive is fully charged. So if you just recently revived yourself, you can not revive other players for a set period of time while your self-revive charges. How long that time is depends on your choice of perks and shields. For example, the "self-medicated" and "turn the tide" perks can shorten the self-revive charging time.

DefiantOnex
12-31-2015, 03:19 PM
Thank you that was a big help.I will equip those perk asap

Johnny Gatt
12-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Quick match can put you in an expo alone, and waiting for others to join may take a while. Try grouping up with friends and clannies first before going in.