PDA

View Full Version : Main Story Co-op

ShortStax401
02-17-2013, 08:27 AM
I would like to know how co-op with the main story will work? Will it be like borderlands where only one person completes the objective then you can pass it in or will it be like wow where you each have to complete the objective seperatly?

StarFire
02-17-2013, 08:30 AM
instead of 4 players in co-op many people can fight with you, there's no drop in, its players who are near you, I can't disclose much due to NDA, just hope you can get beta as this will clear this point

Dead_Phoenix
02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
tbh little is know about how the coops will operate other then as Starfire said its 4 players, and its instanced. with some kind of boss and loot at the end. so i suppose wow would be an accurate comparison. but they have said there will be more to it. we just dont know what yet.

Duskky
02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
From playing a few MMOs (I haven't tested Defiance yet, hope to do so for console) it would be like creating a group for a raid or instance you'd go in beat the quest get the loot and leave.

I don't know if Defiance will take this way or not.

Escyos
02-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Co-op in the main story does take place. Other people can be doing the mission and help kill enemies or complete objectives and as long as you are doing the mission as well you get credit. That way you don't have to wait around for things to respawn/deactivate.

Midniteryu
02-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Co-op in the main story does take place. Other people can be doing the mission and help kill enemies or complete objectives and as long as you are doing the mission as well you get credit. That way you don't have to wait around for things to respawn/deactivate.

Is there a cap on how many players can join an objective or party?

Escyos
02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Is there a cap on how many players can join an objective or party?

Not that I'm aware of. But I do believe that they said that some missions are not co-op, such as those in "dungeons" etc. I imagine people will get a bit of a shock when they are forced to fight enemies on their own.

Midniteryu
02-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.

DJTrig
02-17-2013, 07:42 PM
From what i have learned so far max party size is 4.External missions/quests/arkfalls all count for everybody involved,grouped or not.Instances/Dungeons are upto 4 player co-op (must be grouped) and hot-spots are single player challenges,only seen or heard of weapon challenges but there may be more.

Midniteryu
02-17-2013, 08:25 PM
From what i have learned so far max party size is 4.External missions/quests/arkfalls all count for everybody involved,grouped or not.Instances/Dungeons are upto 4 player co-op (must be grouped) and hot-spots are single player challenges,only seen or heard of weapon challenges but there may be more.

Thats good to know thank you.

littlejay
02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
The main site says this on missions:

"Play Defiance any way you want. Enjoy pulse-pounding competitive multiplayer, join in massive open-world co-operative battles, or hunt on your own through the epic main missions."

I am also curious about main missions being playable in co-op

Desidus
02-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Basically like everything else around here that we discuss we have no real idea.. only inclinations and suppositions... and some pure bs like all forums. Find out when the game or supposed beta comes out. And its not coming out soon, its coming out posthaste... :P

Vercilles
02-24-2013, 11:08 PM
This will be an interesting one to see as I have always done MMOs with my wife and this one won't be any different.