PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger: DC-10 vs Phantasm

SocialGerm69
12-31-2015, 09:30 PM
I figured these two were due for a comparison due to their being the invaders with the radiation nanos. The leaping lord is legendary in every aspect. Plus damage, amazing fire rate and viscous application of the radiation nano. The phantasm is more of a survivor gun. The phantasms main strengths are its constant ammo regeneration, and life steal ability. I took them both on an infector friendly load out with a cyber rig chipped with 5 bug damage chips and 2 infector fire rate chips. I set percs to overload with its sister perks, radiation perks, pumped up, time out, and overkill. Forgive me if anything is omitted as its New Years and I am fairly buzzed. One thing became clear quickly and decisively. The DC-10 is op trick from the box. It slays anything with regularity and with almost boring ease. I have never witnessed a gun tear thru mobs quite like it. Again, I am comparing two different animals here. The phantasm is a survivor weapon. It will make you out last your foes better than the soul eater. I have wielded many an infecor and still nothing compares to the leaping lord. If pure destruction is your goal, I highly suggest you get your hands on one. Low price 4 million high 8 million. Phantasm retails around 8 million. These are both invader style bug guns and will spawn large multi kill bug swarms.

Kiddie
12-31-2015, 09:35 PM
Phantasm is better.

Hunter0
12-31-2015, 09:47 PM
I figured these two were due for a comparison due to their being the invaders with the radiation nanos. The leaping lord is legendary in every aspect. Plus damage, amazing fire rate and viscous application of the radiation nano. The phantasm is more of a survivor gun. The phantasms main strengths are its constant ammo regeneration, and life steal ability. I took them both on an infector friendly load out with a cyber rig chipped with 5 bug damage chips and 2 infector fire rate chips. I set percs to overload with its sister perks, radiation perks, pumped up, time out, and overkill. Forgive me if anything is omitted as its New Years and I am fairly buzzed. One thing became clear quickly and decisively. The DC-10 is op trick from the box. It slays anything with regularity and with almost boring ease. I have never witnessed a gun tear thru mobs quite like it. Again, I am comparing two different animals here. The phantasm is a survivor weapon. It will make you out last your foes better than the soul eater. I have wielded many an infecor and still nothing compares to the leaping lord. If pure destruction is your goal, I highly suggest you get your hands on one. Low price 4 million high 8 million. Phantasm retails around 8 million. These are both invader style bug guns and will spawn large multi kill bug swarms.

Infectors are fun, i don't have any invader and i'd like to have a named 1. But, not pulling them from events and not seeing anybody trades/sells on ps3 EU is such a disappointment.

For instance, the EP RL JP, i suggested creating this weapon, and i have not pulled it yet. 3 days left for the event BTW ! And i've seen only 2 players with it, 1 doesn't trade JPs at all. And the other asks too much for it.

If you really can get a named invader for 8 million as u said, that's perfect and u must be lucky to get one !

PS: During HH event, i saw some 1 in zone chat trading dc 10 vs phan or phan vs dc10. And that's it.

SocialGerm69
12-31-2015, 09:54 PM
I have been lucky enough to possess every named infector except for the necrosis. Still no luck getting that baby to drop. If I am totally honest with my self the greatest one is either the DC-10 or the proliferator. If you cannot find a proliferator, you can make one via the echelon vendor. I use the soul eater a lot due to my love of cankers, and it has a bad *** name. I had a lot of help amassing my collection and cannot thank my friends enough for their diligence in this task. Still, the leaping lord has the title.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-31-2015, 11:43 PM
dc10 mk1 is the best

Elucidate
01-01-2016, 02:02 AM
dc10 mk1 is the best

the MKII rolls are far better than the MKI for the leaping lord. Despite having multiple fire rate, the amount per stat line is very low in comparison to the MKII's on top of having the other rolls that increase its overall stats

and back to the op, Phantasm > DC10. The Phantasms rolls are inherently focused towards bug damage. Despite having the bonus health and damage stats from the saturnalia synergy, the added mag and that exploding pumpkin is a higher advantage given that the pumpkin spins a players camera when one explodes beside them. Having a pumpkin explode on a player or a mob temporarily casts a fire effect on them thus amplifying the radiation damage temporarily

DEATHBRINGER210
01-01-2016, 02:12 AM
if only my oj mk1 kept a kill count vs mk2s t6ed

Olaf
01-01-2016, 04:00 AM
the MKII rolls are far better than the MKI for the leaping lord. Despite having multiple fire rate, the amount per stat line is very low in comparison to the MKII's on top of having the other rolls that increase its overall stats

and back to the op, Phantasm > DC10. The Phantasms rolls are inherently focused towards bug damage. Despite having the bonus head and damage stats from the saturnalia synergy, the added mag and that exploding pumpkin is a higher advantage given that the pumpkin spins a players camera when one explodes beside them. Having a pumpkin explode on a player or a mob temporarily casts a fire effect on them thus amplifying the radiation damage temporarily

Yeah I agree, Phantasm is far superior in every way, especially supremed.

Ea Rapture
01-01-2016, 09:01 AM
My EXL Infectious Life holds its own, and if not that, I'll use Necrosis (A Canker but still decent). I really don't use Infectors, but DC10 and Phantasm are nothing but names to me. An AR has higher DPS; unless you plan on point farming, go with an AR.

Mister Ree
01-01-2016, 09:05 AM
Lifesteal on infectors is a joke. Lol

Olaf
01-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Lifesteal on infectors is a joke. Lol

Yeah it is pretty shabby lol, although the lifesteal on phantasm is much better than souleater.

SocialGerm69
01-01-2016, 11:04 PM
If you are getting critical hits with your infector, the life steal is quite good. Otherwise it is poor. I find it best to stay at the maximum range of your infector. This tends to correct for a critical hit as long as you are at least near the head.