PDA

View Full Version : DC-11 Piper

SocialGerm69
12-31-2015, 10:21 PM
Before I say anything, yes it is the gun of guns. I have a supreme piper. 3 t4 with a t5 chimera owner bore. And yes it is op. Nothing will slay enemies faster. I have seen crazy money thrown around for this thing. And it is worth it. Nothing else will take out threat ten volge like the piper. Not to mention wreaking house in pvp. The only thing close is my bio castian springer. The piper needs not ads. Hip fire is the way to go. The blast cone on this weapon is awesome. I can't imagine anything being able to hold its own with the piper. If anyone has anything that comes close I would love to hear about it. There can be only one in any game and in defiance, the Piper is it.

Skiller115
12-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Before I say anything, yes it is the gun of guns. I have a supreme piper. 3 t4 with a t5 chimera owner bore. And yes it is op. Nothing will slay enemies faster. I have seen crazy money thrown around for this thing. And it is worth it. Nothing else will take out threat ten volge like the piper. Not to mention wreaking house in pvp. The only thing close is my bio castian springer. The piper needs not ads. Hip fire is the way to go. The blast cone on this weapon is awesome. I can't imagine anything being able to hold its own with the piper. If anyone has anything that comes close I would love to hear about it. There can be only one in any game and in defiance, the Piper is it.

Well if the Piper is sooooo awesome then sell all your other jackpots, the only reason why people think the Piper is the best gun in the game is because of the scoring system in that it rewards you for tagging as many Enemies as possible instead of how much damage you are really doing!

Mister Ree
01-01-2016, 01:45 AM
My dc9 decimates

Elucidate
01-01-2016, 01:57 AM

Heres a list:
1. Any semi auto sniper
2. Any Radiation Tachmag Pulser
3. Any Radiation Pulser / Votan Pulser
4. Any Radiation Quick shot blaster ( full auto pistol )
5. Any Radiation Mazu Blast Rifle
6. Any Radiation VBI Assault Rifle
7. Any Radiation Nano Fragger
8. Any Radiation Sawed Off shotgun
9. Any Radiation Ground Pounder

I think the better question is....what can't out kill a piper?

The pipers cone spread is its own weakness. The fact that the shots are split into 3 means less of those bullets get crits on top of having a lot crit multiplier to begin with.

All the piper is good for is PVP because people just go for body shots and spray and pray

Olaf
01-01-2016, 03:55 AM
Piper is good, but supreme supernova t5d with oj fire rate and green recoil is far superior IMHO.
As for tl10 viscera, I find hp7 jp works great on their faces.

crazyged
01-01-2016, 04:50 AM
My supped Dancing Lady is not too shabby taking out Volge or in pvp...

Dat Windmill
01-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Supernova and Chaos with bio converter are way stronger.

Mrdr
01-01-2016, 06:13 AM
My supped Dancing Lady is not too shabby taking out Volge or in pvp...

My oj mk1 is pretty awesome for that too...it mows down volge crazy quick. Was yours mk1 or mk2 before supreming it? I ask because I'm not sure if I should supreme mine or not. It's got great rolls...not certain what will happen to them (even though I've read all kinds of posts about this and that it should not lose any rolls but gain an extra purple roll or something...you're the only one I know of with a t6 Lady). I'd hate for it to be downgraded by attempting to upgrade it.

Olaf
01-01-2016, 06:16 AM
My oj mk1 is pretty awesome for that too...it mows down volge crazy quick. Was yours mk1 or mk2 before supreming it? I ask because I'm not sure if I should supreme mine or not. It's got great rolls...not certain what will happen to them (even though I've read all kinds of posts about this and that it should not lose any rolls but gain an extra purple roll or something...you're the only one I know of with a t6 Lady). I'd hate for it to be downgraded by attempting to upgrade it.

Your mk1 lady will become a supreme mk2 with a new white roll. So imagine a mk2 lady with all its current rolls moved up a tier and a new white roll.

Mrdr
01-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Your mk1 lady will become a supreme mk2 with a new white roll. So imagine a mk2 lady with all its current rolls moved up a tier and a new white roll.

Thanks, Olaf. So to be clear, it wouldn't get the rolls of the current mk2 and but rather all my current rolls will be moved up a tier (like my oj dmg would become supreme dmg and my white reload would become green, my purple would become oj too I assume, which is weird to think of) and then I'd get a new white roll, correct? Per DD the white rolls capable are few, but then there are many possible gold rolls, so I'm not sure how that works...I know those are for rerolling an already supremes weapon, but not sure if those are possibilities for supreming an oj weapon also.

Thanks again. :cool:

Olaf
01-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Thanks, Olaf. So to be clear, it wouldn't get the rolls of the current mk2 and but rather all my current rolls will be moved up a tier (like my oj dmg would become supreme dmg and my white reload would become green, my purple would become oj too I assume, which is weird to think of) and then I'd get a new white roll, correct? Per DD the white rolls capable are few, but then there are many possible gold rolls, so I'm not sure how that works...I know those are for rerolling an already supremes weapon, but not sure if those are possibilities for supreming an oj weapon also.

No sorry mate, I mean your mk1 will become a mk2 with mk2 rolls then supremed all rolls will move up a tier except the purple roll, and you'll get a new white roll. Maybe someone has a supremed lady they can screenshot n show you.

Ea Rapture
01-01-2016, 08:46 AM

MrDr, you can see EXACTLY how it will turn out before supremeing. Put it in the Salvage Matrix and Select increase rarity (any percent since you aren't supremeing yet) and scroll down, it will show the new Rolls etc.

As for the OP: Piper isn't the best gun around.
1) The Syn is Rubbish
2) Its Radiation (Only use is bugs)
3) My PS VBI w/ Syphon wrecks things just as well, if not better.
4) I have DC11 and it never gets used when compared to the other things I have like Duster, PS Weapons, and my ST BR w/ bio.
5) a Rad Mazu has higher DPS.

Mrdr
01-01-2016, 08:47 AM
No sorry mate, I mean your mk1 will become a mk2 with mk2 rolls then supremed all rolls will move up a tier except the purple roll, and you'll get a new white roll. Maybe someone has a supremed lady they can screenshot n show you.

Thanks. Looks like supreming would actually make crit weaker, but the bigger mag and faster reload might mitigate it. I've currently got the following rolls:

White reload (0.95)
green crit (1.15)
blue crit (1.25)
Purp ego on crit
Oj dmg (1.10)
and dmg mastery (1.05)

The mk2 has:
White mag (1.15)
Green reload (0.85)
Blue crit (1.25)
Purp ego on crit
Oj dmg (1.12)

If supremed, the mk2 looks like it would be:

White (unknown new roll but likely fire rate/recoil/accuracy due to other rolls)
Green mag (1.30)
Blue reload (0.80)
Purple ego on crit?
Oj crit (1.30)
Gold dmg (1.15)

I'll admit it's tempting, since I've got the dmg mastery on there it would definitely hit harder, but crit a bit less. Would love to see the rolls of a t6.

Sorry for the thread hijack, btw...didn't intend that.

Mrdr
01-01-2016, 08:50 AM
MrDr, you can see EXACTLY how it will turn out before supremeing. Put it in the Salvage Matrix and Select increase rarity (any percent since you aren't supremeing yet) and scroll down, it will show the new Rolls etc.

Thanks Ea. You were faster than me. I'll definitely give it a shot. Good to know! Thanks again.

Ea Rapture
01-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Thanks Ea. You were faster than me. I'll definitely give it a shot. Good to know! Thanks again.

It works with any JP, lol. Hope it helps! Back to DCUO. :p

crazyged
01-01-2016, 09:45 AM

Yup, it's definitely worth supreming. With a bit of tinkering, you can get it up to over 5.5k damage. My buddy has a MKI I gave to him and while still a good gun, it doesn't compare.

Last Shadow War I did I was taking out a couple of players at a time with one clip - beastly!

Hexthat
01-01-2016, 09:49 AM

Crimefighters slay enemies faster.

Mister Ree
01-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Yup, it's definitely worth supreming. With a bit of tinkering, you can get it up to over 5.5k damage. My buddy has a MKI I gave to him and while still a good gun, it doesn't compare.

Last Shadow War I did I was taking out a couple of players at a time with one clip - beastly!

My mk I has crit mastery and the RT 1.30 crit barrel making it 2.9 without any rig crit. I would never supreme it and nerf the crit, I do have a mk II on an alt I would sup though, nothing to lose with that one.

WhiteStrike
01-01-2016, 10:16 AM
My mk I has crit mastery and the RT 1.30 crit barrel making it 2.9 without any rig crit. I would never supreme it and nerf the crit, I do have a mk II on an alt I would sup though, nothing to lose with that one.
If you reroll the Supreme roll to 1.35 crit and get a Supreme Crit mastery (1.15 crit) it'll have the same crit as a MK1 Lady but with higher damage.However,this requires a lot of Forge.

Mister Ree
01-01-2016, 10:19 AM
If you reroll the Supreme roll to 1.35 crit and get a Supreme Crit mastery (1.15 crit) it'll have the same crit as a MK1 Lady but with higher damage.However,this requires a lot of Forge.

Yup and still no telling where dmg ends up after doing that either. Really not worth the hassle.

Michael ArkAngel
01-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Supreme fowl play stands with piper in pvp...and the votan disruptor wreaks you before you can close. Granted piper up close is a beast. Is it the last and only gun you should use? Clearly not.

Nefarious
01-01-2016, 03:52 PM
An effective and fair way to balance Blast Rifle's would be to move it from the AR class to the SMG class. Everything about it would stay the same. Everything that makes the Blast Rifle great. The only difference would be it would have SMG falloff rates to give it some semblance of balance.

WhiteStrike
01-01-2016, 05:32 PM
http://s29.postimg.org/891it5tfb/m_129_r_Legendary_e_Radiation_s_37_me_b_1146_11.jp g

Menetekel
01-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I have a Bio St BR Supreme with Sup Dmg, oj reload and blue crit... Health steal, shield steal, plate destruction... Sorry I retired my old prepatch 3x reload Rad Sol for this gun and I was scoring more points with that one than a piper anyday. PVP may have been the exception but that was probably just me. But seriously if Spinal Tap had in fact had a jackpot blast rifle the piper would have been a thing of the past just like it's namesake. A forgotten page in the history of mankind.

SocialGerm69
01-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I have a dc-9 also. Love it.

Mrdr
01-01-2016, 05:57 PM
I have a Bio St BR Supreme with Sup Dmg, oj reload and blue crit... Health steal, shield steal, plate destruction... Sorry I retired my old prepatch 3x reload Rad Sol for this gun and I was scoring more points with that one than a piper anyday. PVP may have been the exception but that was probably just me. But seriously if Spinal Tap had in fact had a jackpot blast rifle the piper would have been a thing of the past just like it's namesake. A forgotten page in the history of mankind.

Crank it to 11...

Skiller115
01-01-2016, 06:09 PM
The Piper is the most over hyped, overpriced, and overrated gun in defiance history! I've never seen so many offers in zone for 50mil plus while better guns like the wolfman only sell for 14mil or less! While not only being outdone by other jps it is out done by other BR varients like the Votan BR which sells for a 10th of the price of a Piper!

WhiteStrike
01-01-2016, 06:11 PM
The Piper is the most over hyped, overpriced, and overrated gun in defiance history! I've never seen so many offers in zone for 50mil plus while better guns like the wolfman only sell for 14mil or less! While not only being outdone by other jps it is out done by other BR varients like the Votan BR which sells for a 10th of the price of a Piper!
I still remember the day were the Piper was worth 200K fully modded...

Chump Norris
01-01-2016, 07:22 PM

I would love to trade my T6 Piper for a Rad ST BR with similar rolls.

After finally getting a T6 version I have to say Pipers are kinda overrated..

pew pew pew
01-01-2016, 08:12 PM
hehe, that happens (overestimating a gun by far) if you see three friends faking bits for such a weapon in zone chat. other people asking why the hell they are bidding so much for that gun? only serious conclusion... the gun must be badass :)

this happens with many jps not just the piper... human nature... easy to feed/trick :)

SocialGerm69
01-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Wow this sure stirred up some controversy. I'm going to borrow a bunch of the guns everyone suggest and see how they do. I'm gonna keep an open mind, but that piper is dear to me. Had it forever and was the first thing I supremed. Still, I do not see any of these guns being worth 30 mill. It is nasty though.

Sevrin
01-02-2016, 09:18 AM
I still remember the day were the Piper was worth 200K fully modded...

Lol. True. I bought my first one for 125 K (fully t4 modded) after a bidding war with three other players :) and, frankly, I only bought it for the mod storage. At that time, some folks were just vending them. I think there is a lesson in all this somewhere.

SocialGerm69
01-02-2016, 01:59 PM
So I tried a few of the suggested weapons. The noob cannon I tried had elec nano and a 23 shot mag. I have never really used a crimefighter, but it did kill mobs quickly. As for semi auto snipers I used a radiation hallowed bolter. Loved it but getting head shots amid all the crap at these events was daunting. And vs afflicted was to slow to rack up points. Used a radiation sawed off. I think it was an frc? Does a lot of damage, but was tedious and what ever the person was smoking who says a sawed off is better than a piper I want some. Radiation dets are great, borrowed a dawns for this. Only thing I disliked is having to put out your shots and detonate later. Mobs tend to move but the blast radius made up for it. Didn't find anything to change my opinion yet. The crime fighter was fun. People seem to get angry when people use it. They must have crap Internet, cause I've never noticed a problem with it or bmg spam. Also ran out of ammo with the sniper a lot. Not that big of a deal though as it tends to be everywhere. Radiation version of my bio springer also was on nearly equal footing.

Skiller115
01-02-2016, 02:31 PM
So I tried a few of the suggested weapons. The noob cannon I tried had elec nano and a 23 shot mag. I have never really used a crimefighter, but it did kill mobs quickly. As for semi auto snipers I used a radiation hallowed bolter. Loved it but getting head shots amid all the crap at these events was daunting. And vs afflicted was to slow to rack up points. Used a radiation sawed off. I think it was an frc? Does a lot of damage, but was tedious and what ever the person was smoking who says a sawed off is better than a piper I want some. Radiation dets are great, borrowed a dawns for this. Only thing I disliked is having to put out your shots and detonate later. Mobs tend to move but the blast radius made up for it. Didn't find anything to change my opinion yet. The crime fighter was fun. People seem to get angry when people use it. They must have crap Internet, cause I've never noticed a problem with it or bmg spam. Also ran out of ammo with the sniper a lot. Not that big of a deal though as it tends to be everywhere. Radiation version of my bio springer also was on nearly equal footing.

Wolfman > Piper

Have you ever tried one?

SocialGerm69
01-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Wolfman > Piper

Have you ever tried one?

Never tried the wolf man. I'll have to find someone that has one. I honestly haven't seen that one around very often. Is it quite rare or do people just not use them much?

SirServedTwo
01-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Never tried the wolf man. I'll have to find someone that has one. I honestly haven't seen that one around very often. Is it quite rare or do people just not use them much?
They're rare and the people that have them don't wish to part with them on PCNA.

tarmim
01-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Again, Piper is not a "op" gun in pvp. Sure it's good, but if the user has no skill its going to be just like any other br. Just my opinion if you want to prove me wrong go ahead, do it.

WhiteStrike
01-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Again, Piper is not a "op" gun in pvp. Sure it's good, but if the user has no skill its going to be just like any other br. Just my opinion if you want to prove me wrong go ahead, do it.
The biggest difficulty in PvP is being able to hit someone who move in all 3 graphical Axises(x,y,z)
The Piper,like all Blast Rifles, is Spray&Pray.
The Spray makes it easy to apply it's DPS.
The Piper has high DPS.
Therefore, you have a gun that easily applies high DPS.(Not to mention that it easily triggers nanos).

As such,the Piper is indeed Overpowered in PvP

Mrdr
01-02-2016, 07:23 PM
The biggest difficulty in PvP is being able to hit someone who move in all 3 graphical Axises(x,y,z)
The Piper,like all Blast Rifles, is Spray&Pray.
The Spray makes it easy to apply it's DPS.
The Piper has high DPS.
Therefore, you have a gun that easily applies high DPS.(Not to mention that it easily triggers nanos).

As such,the Piper is indeed Overpowered in PvP

Not really...just keep your distance. Problem solved.

Ea Rapture
01-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Not really...just keep your distance. Problem solved.

Or, just don't play pvp. After I hit 5k, I stopped pvping and sold my PvP gear.

SocialGerm69
01-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Or, just don't play pvp. After I hit 5k, I stopped pvping and sold my PvP gear.

I have to agree. If I want to play pvp I'll go to battlefield. Fantasy pvp doesn't translate. All u pep's who think your good at pvp cause u slay here would get smoked in a real shooter. Usually by me. Any of you who thinks you have pvp skills because of this game. I promise you I will hang a nemesis streak on your *** in bf.

Mrdr
01-02-2016, 09:35 PM
I have to agree. If I want to play pvp I'll go to battlefield. Fantasy pvp doesn't translate. All u pep's who think your good at pvp cause u slay here would get smoked in a real shooter. Usually by me. Any of you who thinks you have pvp skills because of this game. I promise you I will hang a nemesis streak on your *** in bf.

LMAO /10 char

Skiller115
01-02-2016, 10:25 PM

I would love to put my 100 Xbow Service Stars to work on you! battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Skiller115/stats/324179731/xbox360

Ea Rapture
01-03-2016, 09:13 AM
I would love to put my 100 Xbow Service Stars to work on you! battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Skiller115/stats/324179731/xbox360

Lol. And I thought my 11 M40A5 Stars were cool. Lol.