PDA

View Full Version : Does your Parent game?

Duskky
02-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Does anyone else have Gamers for Parents? My Dad was playing Battlefield got mad at it pulled out his old NES and played Punch Out (In which he lost 100 times before giving up) and my Mom in the other room won't give me my Left for Dead T.T

mrsbutterz
02-17-2013, 09:53 AM
My parents don't game. They don't understand, why people play them. They are happy to sit and watch reality TV and Netflix. My mother-in-law games. Her and I play a lot of games together. She can only play PC games. She is actually really good at fps because the played Unreal tournament for years. She is disabled and cant do much else. I am happy for her to find a love of games, that make her happy and help her pass the time.

Saye
02-17-2013, 10:15 AM
The closest my mother comes to gaming is screaming at my nephew during Skylanders because she doesn't know what she is doing and he keeps killing off all their characters. Same goes for my mother in law only it's with my son during any Mario game or Donkey Kong. If it makes any difference, I am the parent that games... Fixing to go boot my 8 year old off the ps3 now. He's getting his butt kicked in Black Ops 2... Against the computer... On easy mode... Gotta show him how it's done! lol :D

wig
02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
my dad still plays Doom and Duke Nukem 3D

8hands9
02-17-2013, 10:42 AM
I hit 62 next week and been gaming since Pong. My wife and I both game, usually together. I had stopped for a while, but when we got married she "convinced" me to play Diablo II with her.

Laughter
02-17-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm 25, just tossing that out there, lol. Okay with that being said my parents do not game. I remember my father did play the NES when I was quite young but hasn't since.

My mom is one of those types that thinks people who play video games need special therapy.

SmgUk
02-17-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm 28 I lost my dad 5 months ago to a unexpected heart attack but he used to play games with me I remember when I was younger we would spend ages playing Mario Kart on the N64 and Goldeneye and when I got the first xbox he got addicted to Halo like I did.

lPATT
02-17-2013, 06:27 PM
my Dad play on the gamecube and first xbox game like mario kart , nascar and old medal of honor ... my mom on the other hand i don't think she would even play pong xD

Yooji
02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm 25, just tossing that out there, lol. Okay with that being said my parents do not game. I remember my father did play the NES when I was quite young but hasn't since.

My mom is one of those types that thinks people who play video games need special therapy.

my parents were the exact same when it comes to the games :x they wanted me to see a shrink .. I wasn't harming anyone q_q just enjoying my video games <3

Maeka
02-17-2013, 07:09 PM
My father plays console games, but when it comes to PCs he has no clue. Other than that, nah, my parents are old fashioned and technology and electronics are kinda foreign.

TurkeyDinner
02-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Does farmville count?

Duskky
02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Does farmville count?

Sadly it kinda does, I would argue that but i've been proven wrong before.

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm a father, and an avid gamer since I was 5yrs old.

Duskky
04-19-2013, 11:01 AM
*kicks thread*

I just forced my Grandparent to xbox.

Arsenic_Touch
04-19-2013, 03:50 PM
My father would play pogo and First person shooters before he died.
My mother players pogo and those pogo games. Everytime I go to visit her, she asks me to do her chess badge.

Kroesis
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
You could ask my daughter if her daddy is a gamer and she would say yes, but we've taught her not to speak to strangers so it isn't going to happen! :p

Obvious Lee
04-19-2013, 04:12 PM
I hit 62 next week and been gaming since Pong. My wife and I both game, usually together. I had stopped for a while, but when we got married she "convinced" me to play Diablo II with her.

your wife is a ****ing hero.

Clown
04-19-2013, 06:02 PM
My mom doesn't game, she is actively trying to get me to quit. My dad on the other hand is the reason I am a gamer. He played mostly old PC games but as of now he plays PS3 games like Burnout, Need for Speed and Skyrim. He might start playing Shooters soon.

Duskky
04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
My mom doesn't game, she is actively trying to get me to quit. My dad on the other hand is the reason I am a gamer. He played mostly old PC games but as of now he plays PS3 games like Burnout, Need for Speed and Skyrim. He might start playing Shooters soon.

Game on! And hide from your Mom.

Cynical_Dementia
04-19-2013, 10:28 PM
My stepfather is the whole reason I'm into video games, without him I'd probably actually be doing something good with my life!(Self burn, ooooooh!)
But really, when EQ came out he had me in his lap teaching me how to play, and I was roughly 5. We've played all the great co-op games, especially battlefront II, we tore so many hours. He doesn't play the same games I do of course, I like the weird artsy games and cool IPs, he's fine with his strategy(MechCommander, Anno 2770, etc.). Recently though he's gotten into Kerbal Space Program because of me, we'll both sit there and try and build a cool rocket. Mom doesn't game, she used to but quickly lost interest, she even played EQ and WoW for a time.
So yea, I've been around video games all my life.

Dolnor
04-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Most people I know my age (50+) do not game at all. Some play Facebook games because they are bored. My ex-fiancee, whom I got hooked onto gaming in 1996 with The Realm Online, still games and is currently hooked on LOTRO.

All my married friends (with or without kids) do not game. When older people find out I game, they usually stop talking to me.

TQQdles™

Duskky
04-20-2013, 07:19 AM
.....they usually stop talking to me.

TQQdles™

Wow. No one has ever stopped talking to me because I play Video Games o. o

Defy
04-20-2013, 11:52 AM
No they don't unfortunately

Nemesis969
04-20-2013, 11:59 AM
My mom doesn't game and my dad is on PS3 and plays PC on occasion. When I was 10-ish he got me my own PS2 and a gameboy advance. Me and my husband have a 2 year old who likes to watch us play :3

Rhorge
04-20-2013, 03:39 PM
My parents are intimidated by technology. They are afraid of getting a new laptop and the notion of playing games is just beyond their comprehension.

BimboBomber
04-20-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm 25, I come from a family of gamers. My fondest moment as a child is making my dad blow into the nintendo cartridges until his face turned red. <3 Bahah. Right now I have my dad, uncle, fiance, little brother, & hopefully my grandmother here soon playing defiance. My grandmothers first game was RainbowSix Lockdown, she thought it was hilarious running around "clam jamming" all the guys she killed. I also have a 18month old daughter and her favorite toy is any gaming controller. I am blessed.

Lilaeth
04-20-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm a 49 year old Mom of 2 teenagers. I've been gaming since original DOOM and Wolfenstein 3D. Beta and Alpha testing most every PC game I can in the past 10 years especially. My 16 year old loves that I let him stay home from school on major release days of games he loves. His friends are jealous their parents just don't get it the way I do.

I was part of the Alpha/Beta testing of Defiance and greatly look forward to it. I have about 6 guy friends from another MMO that have came over to Defiance, so it's all good!

Nice to see other people close to my generation gaming still :-)

JerZey CJ
04-20-2013, 07:10 PM
I think my dad played, since I remember us having an SNES and sega genesis(though those could have been for my sisters, so I don't know). My mom gets sick if she plays any 3D game or if you move too fast in the game. They both play rock band/guitar hero, but it is mostly just for karaoke. I'm pretty sure my did will sit down and play a fighting game or something if I asked him to though.

Konnvict
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
35 dad of 6...I have been a gamer since Atari and I am not stopping anytime soon. Kids love it. They make it a challenge to see who can beat their old man... I don't think I will ever grow up. This is too much fun.

Jeanbook
04-20-2013, 10:45 PM
35 dad of 6...I have been a gamer since Atari and I am not stopping anytime soon. Kids love it. They make it a challenge to see who can beat their old man... I don't think I will ever grow up. This is too much fun.

I hope to marry someone like this one day.

macky
04-21-2013, 05:29 PM
im a father and i game, lets hear it for the OG's ( original gamers )

Orbytel
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
My folks don't game, but its just a generation thing. My wife and I both game, although she's a sony girl and I'm more 360, and our kids all play games.

They still think its hilarious when I tell them the first games I played were text based adventure games... Apparently that makes me a dinosaur, and I'm not even 30 yet.

Obderiath
04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
My dad got me into games way back on the Sega Master System. He's not into modern games at all, but we enjoyed a lot of different stuff all the way up until the Sega Saturn, I think. He lost real interest after the Genesis I think, haha.

Taaltos
04-22-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm a parent who games.

My parent refers to gamers as 'Not real people'.

>.>

Taaltos
04-22-2013, 04:01 PM
im a father and i game, lets hear it for the OG's ( original gamers )

I have this t-shirt. :)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0042/9942/products/rootsbl_det_medium.jpeg?258

:) Right there with ya.

Deirachel
04-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I've been gaming from the Atari 2600 days. Still have my NES, SNES, Genesis, PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox360, PCs, a Commodore 64 and an Atari 130XE. My parents aren't gamers, but my son-in-law is in a clan with me on the Xbox NA servers.

floppyscience
04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
My dad used to play Goldeneye and Perfect Dark back in the day. He stopped playing Perfect Dark when he realized there were aliens in it. "What the hell is this? Aliens? **** this game."

A few years later he got some racing game on Xbox and bought a steering wheel setup to go with it. I don't remember what the game was called, I just remember the screams of innocent bystanders and flying dim sum stands are he rampaged around the town in a silver buggy, crashing into everything and making car sounds (vroom vrooooooom, SCREEEEEEECH).

That's about it. I don't think he's played a game since.