PDA

View Full Version : Is there any in game voice chat for PC

ShaunW50
04-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Hey

Is there any in game voice chat for Defiance on the PC.

Do you have to hold down a button to speak and also can you turn it off so players in the game cannot hear my voice.

gooogs
04-06-2013, 10:02 AM
there is an ingame voice chat for PC. However it is a load of crap. There is no toggle to speak, and it is either off or on, meaning you can hear breathing, music, whatever random noise is coming from those with Mics....

This is an issue that was brought up daily, if not hourly during beta builds etc, and never really got addressed by Devs. Someone somewhere posted that fixes will be in the big patch around the 15th, not sure if was a dev or not...

TeH CaMmEh
04-06-2013, 02:34 PM
ooooh i see!!! i was desperately trying to find the voice button in a matchmaking game just then to tell someone to shut the f up with their keyboard pressing and breathing, but I guess they could hear me mumbling to myself about it haha!

discosoc
04-06-2013, 03:45 PM
ooooh i see!!! i was desperately trying to find the voice button in a matchmaking game just then to tell someone to shut the f up with their keyboard pressing and breathing, but I guess they could hear me mumbling to myself about it haha!

haha, yeah it's pretty horrid. I honestly how no idea how the dev's sleep at night knowing how they basically spent the last 5 years screwing up basic features. In my line of work, people get fired for performance like this. Of course, the Rift team had a ton of layoffs late last year, so I imagine the Defiance guys will get pink slips once the show goes live and the major bugs are finally resolved.

HeavenlyEpitome
06-02-2013, 07:43 AM
There's a push-to-talk option in the game settings before you choose your charakter. But it's wheater on nor off.. you can select one of these options an nothing happens. I was also wondering if the push-to-talk settings would work correctly wheres the option to assign the push-to-talk-key?

So dear devs.. The chat and voice system is really annoing and absolutely not on a releasestatus. Its less than other MMO's usually have in their betas. You should really fix it!!!

TG DEx
06-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Have they set up a PTT yet?

Arsenic_Touch
06-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Have they set up a PTT yet?

For a short time and it caused a game breaking bug where it would crash on loading if you tried to map your PTT key.

CptBadger
06-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Well the reality is, that pretty much nobody cares about voice chat because people don't want to hear other people's retarted comments. Welcome to the internet.

And if you play with friends there are TONS of way to have a voice chat. Skype, Steam, Team Speak, Ventrillo, Mumble, etc. etc.

So in reality, horrible in-game voice chat is never a major issue for most gamers (as long as you can turn it off :D).

piercehead
06-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah, playing with friends and using a 3rd party VoIP is your best bet. This is one of the benefits of having a PC anyway.

Whippersnapper
06-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Don't forget the crappy chat system that's not quite up to par with modern MMOs....
You can't PM, Mail or chat properly with your clanmates.

Arsenic_Touch
06-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Don't forget the crappy chat system that's not quite up to par with modern MMOs....
You can't PM, Mail or chat properly with your clanmates.

you can pm, type /whisper name message