PDA

View Full Version : Expeditions are totally Scam..

M4ntiCOr3
01-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Expedition Rage Warning..

Today i played Expedition again, and i must say, it is totally Scam and robbing of rare Reqs and Playtime..

most of the Things i get were Crap and the lowest Enemys get Shields whenever they want,
if you look to another Enemy and look back.. Bamm they get their Shields back in Nanoseconds

Then you got killed by the worst Situations, i call it: "Dying by the Light", a fat Flash and youre killed, theres no Grenade to be noticed before, Enemys dont have a straight Shot, but still you get killed by Light/Flashlight whatever..

Now after hours of Expedition i only get crappy green n blue Weapons n Mods and only 1 purple Shield..
plus alot of Rage in my Blood.. ╰_╯

This was my third Try on Expeditions.. and my last
Short said, i will never play Expedition again to beware to also stop playing the Game..

btw. i lost 37 Reqs today for ********..

Think what you want bout me, thats my Opinion

David Irwin
01-05-2016, 02:16 PM
there is definatly some areas that need work in expos.. like how enemies can freely walk through or inside of each other , or even walk through walls. cover is not cover its just there catch you, and cause hang ups ( always think about the location of things as you go past) . lag always favors enemies, hit the slightest bit of lag and you just dead , won't even really know how. roll commands that don't work ( this might also be connected to lag) . Enemies often seem to choose one player in a group to "pick on" and they will end up having a harder time than anyone else. so because of these things when i play expeditions just try to never take it too seriously and decide before I start what my rec limit will be, and simply force myself to quit after i've used the decided amount of recs. if you just spent a rec and 20 seconds later you need another... expect that to be the trend, so keep your cool and get out ahead. also teams should be of similar ego and also be on a similar round.

Keeper Riff
01-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Then you got killed by the worst Situations, i call it: "Dying by the Light", a fat Flash and youre killed, theres no Grenade to be noticed before, Enemys dont have a straight Shot, but still you get killed by Light/Flashlight whatever..It's a lag spike, I get it all the time. I'm using cover from enemies' fire, jumping fast from cover to cover, avoiding melee contact, my shield is almost full, but then BAM — I'm dead. Other team members saw me just standing in the middle of the crowd of enemies and receiving damage from them.

David Irwin
01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
It's a lag spike, I get it all the time. I'm using cover from enemies, jumping fast from covet to cover, avoiding melee contact, my shield is almost full, but then BAM — I'm dead. Other team members saw me just standing in the middle of the crowd of enemies and receiving damage from them.

^^^ huge problem in expo's , completely unfair , and endlessly frustrating .

SirServed
01-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Damn, 37 HRs in one day? I don't even use 37 HRs a month... You may want to look over a guide or something.

Gaige12
01-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Damn, 37 HRs in one day? I don't even use 37 HRs a month... You may want to look over a guide or something.

/thread

:rolleyes:

M4ntiCOr3
01-05-2016, 03:05 PM
mmh.. ^^

thx for the infos about the lag light of death

Olaf
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Your day could have been worse, cod have ended with an auto extraction like all my previous expedition runs.

Skiller115
01-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Today i played Expedition again, and i must say, it is totally Scam and robbing of rare Reqs and Playtime..

most of the Things i get were Crap and the lowest Enemys get Shields whenever they want,
if you look to another Enemy and look back.. Bamm they get their Shields back in Nanoseconds

Then you got killed by the worst Situations, i call it: "Dying by the Light", a fat Flash and youre killed, theres no Grenade to be noticed before, Enemys dont have a straight Shot, but still you get killed by Light/Flashlight whatever..

Now after hours of Expedition i only get crappy green n blue Weapons n Mods and only 1 purple Shield..

Short said, i will never play Expedition again to beware to also stop playing the Game..

It could be worse like me and my buddies fighting the invisible raging hulker on a high tier! But even then I only used 2 reqs in total!

M4ntiCOr3
01-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Your day could have been worse, cod have ended with an auto extraction like all my previous expedition runs.

omg ; )
that suxx a lil bit more

Kuroro
01-05-2016, 03:38 PM
pvp and expeditions are end content of the game.people complaining about expeditions being too difficult or calling hackers the best pvpers in game just because they cant win,nothing new

hempman
01-05-2016, 04:15 PM
pvp and expeditions are end content of the game.people complaining about expeditions being too difficult or calling hackers the best pvpers in game just because they cant win,nothing new
he wasnt complaining about the difficulty,jesus do you people Read the thread?
he said the LAG was causing problems for him,and hes obviously a low tier going at it alone,
so yeah he used 37 hrs big fat hairy deal,lets trash him some more eyh??
and he said the Rewards sucked the big one,which they Do!!

wtfh is wrong with you people..you were new once too.

to the Op,you need to find a Good clan and join it,
they will help you immensely thru all of these things and teach you what u need to know.
this will make the game much more enjoyable for you.
cheers.

SirServed
01-05-2016, 04:22 PM
he wasnt complaining about the difficulty,jesus do you people Read the thread?
he said the LAG was causing problems for him,and hes obviously a low tier going at it alone,
so yeah he used 37 hrs big fat hairy deal,lets trash him some more eyh??
and he said the Rewards sucked the big one,which they Do!!

wtfh is wrong with you people..you were new once too.

to the Op,you need to find a Good clan and join it,
they will help you immensely thru all of these things and teach you what u need to know.
this will make the game much more enjoyable for you.
cheers.
Let's Review! This person used 37 HRs to repeatedly die to content that wasn't functioning properly. When you realize something is not functioning properly, do you keep poking at it? Enough to spend 37 HRs in the process? No clan can help with any of the issues that he was having.

hempman
01-05-2016, 04:26 PM
o please...you telling me you have never been there,
and said im GOING to finish this round come hell or high water and Get Paid??!!

lol,cmon,you might be superman now,
but lets remember most of these guys have No idea what is going on.
ive said it before,regs Need to teach others,not berate them.

SirServed
01-05-2016, 04:43 PM

I did that on the first day... it was the Raging Hulker on Round 10 Tier 32 and even then it only cost me 2 HRs to finish that fight. At the same time, I had tested Expeditions enough to know that going alone is not for the faint of heart. I also told him he should be looking into a guide, we only provide them for our clan. I can understand burning 10 HRs, but 37 is really up there when you're literally battling forces you can't win against (lag/functionality).

konstantinov
01-05-2016, 05:18 PM

Once you have played Defiance long enough you will come to realize people don't want help, they want handouts. A large portion of the community doesn't care about learning, only the shiny OJ/supreme that they "deserve". Contrary to popular belief I helped numerous people and it didn't pay off as much as you would hope.

Are things broken? Sure they are but ramming your head into a wall isn't going to stop the bleeding.

Sugarcoating things for new people isn't going to help them understand anything some tough love won't. It's impossible to give away free OJs because they're not a piper. Seriously, that's the mentality of new players.

There's no need to get all bent out of shape because someone told them how it is and not how it should be. Honestly, we've known this about expos since they were released which was some time ago. Having these same repetitive threads every week is pretty ridiculous but people keep asking/complaining about the same things.

doctordabs
01-05-2016, 05:26 PM

idk.. shouldn't have to read in depth guides just to get the standard shiz from the game if ya ask me

konstantinov
01-05-2016, 05:31 PM
idk.. shouldn't have to read in depth guides just to get the standard shiz from the game if ya ask me

Proves my point about learning the mechanics of the game.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-05-2016, 05:48 PM
I have to agree with Kon.

Too many time ppl are complaining about things that they shouldn't be attempting in the first place. As was stated earlier, expeditions are "end game" content.

As for "reading in-depth guides" goes, this is or is supposed to be, a progressive game. Hell, even new stand alone games don't come with more than basic control functions in their little books. Of course, there are going to be guides for this type of game. If one wants to be lazy and not delve into them, then they should suffer to those that have.

37 reqs. All I can say is wow. And, hope there was lube used at least. From the looks of some of the posts, it could definitely be shared.

M4ntiCOr3
01-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Please all calm down, its enough when i raged ;)

I started with somebody from my FL plus one Unknown Player, the Unknown gone and the "Friend" jumped out of the Room when we was fighting against the Gulanian..
Ye, he was shooting to the Inside but i was in fact alone there, no Revives and the Main Target of the Gulanian, and i dont want to quit, because it was the End of the Round.. I.m no Quitter right before End..
This Move of my Ex-FL-Friend(now) just throw me into this stupid Situation.
Beside the Bugs, i still wanted to end this damn Round

If this is Endgame Content, why is it still given only Crap to the Players?
I.m curious, not complaing about it.

And to the Reproach about Complaining about the AI-Difficulty, thats not the Point..
i want to complain that the AI is bugged and like cheating, thats it.
on this point, its scam for me

but ok, i will grow and try the "endgame" again, when i.m fully oj/yel and above 5.8k (‧‧)nnn

Regards

Skiller115
01-05-2016, 08:09 PM

You must have never played a game made by Bethesda Softworks?

Silent_0ne
01-05-2016, 09:22 PM
So yeah finished 22 rounds in expos & next to nothing to show for it ( 2 chips & a nanoless disruptor), am i suppose to enjoy this? so is this how my endgame time will be spent, a long *** grind to nothing? I don't even mind the difficulty just a few bugs here & there but the rewards damn feel like i just wasted 10+ hours only to be restarted tomorrow it's not fun at all. If we can't get good rewards after 10+ hours can we please please please get a savepoint. I got work tomorrow i gotta go to bed goodnight.

dremora ven0m
01-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Limit myself to 1 req per expo, if I need to use more then I just leave..
I wnjoy doing expos alone like a lot of others tbh seems easier of course until a certain point.

W84IT
01-06-2016, 02:35 AM

I was wondering myself if this "Dying by the Light" ever happened to anybody else...guess im not the only one,it happened to me several times,i was like ....whaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?!

Kuroro
01-06-2016, 02:43 AM
there is only one explanation for all this :resparks

SaikoTeek
01-06-2016, 04:29 AM
there is only one explanation for all this :resparks

Though I thought ego and gear played a part of the op's situation, it's not always the case. I'm not the biggest expo runner, but @ 5900 ego w a Rhino Survivor ark and St br/ DC 8, there have been plenty of times I've been one shot insta killed within the first 5-8 rounds. It does happen.

PithHelmetIrath
01-06-2016, 05:53 AM
If this is Endgame Content, why is it still given only Crap to the Players?
I.m curious, not complaing about it.

Because it's Defiance end game content, that's why..

Or, perhaps, "because grenades"?

Mister Ree
01-06-2016, 05:56 AM
Though I thought ego and gear played a part of the op's situation, it's not always the case. I'm not the biggest expo runner, but @ 5900 ego w a Rhino Survivor ark and St br/ DC 8, there have been plenty of times I've been one shot insta killed within the first 5-8 rounds. It does happen.

Agreed, I've not done expos in quite a while but I remember occasionally getting I hit dropped by super powered skits in early rounds with a GA equipped and I was on my 6k toon shooting it with a ghostduster so no chance of det rounds killing me.

Keeper Riff
01-06-2016, 06:37 AM
no Revives and the Main Target of the GulanianAh, Dekuso Offspring then… He has a nasty ability of teleporting right into you and one-hit-kill you with his sword. If your connection is laggy enough, the game won't even show him spawning next to you. He just disappears, nothing happens for a couple of seconds, and then you're dead. It happens even if you're constantly moving because the server wasn't aware of your movement for that short time window.

M4ntiCOr3
01-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Ah, Dekuso Offspring then… He has a nasty ability of teleporting right into you and one-hit-kill you with his sword. If your connection is laggy enough, the game won't even show him spawning next to you. He just disappears, nothing happens for a couple of seconds, and then you're dead. It happens even if you're constantly moving because the server wasn't aware of your movement for that short time window.
exactly he disappeared alot and doesnt show up for
nearly 30 secs. sometimes

the bloom effekt of his spawning also stuck in the screen and doesnt disappear,
there were 4-5 bloom-bugs also at the end

doctordabs
01-06-2016, 11:00 AM
sounds like everythings is "working as intended"

Tisereck
01-06-2016, 11:20 AM
I really don't underand the complaints yall have. I spend most of my time doing expos. I have 4 oj rigs, 3 of which are fully opened. If you read the info the " good loot " isn't going to drop until round 8 tier 31. The lag your experiencing must be your computer, the only expo I have issues with is doing the monarch in the circle bunker boss room. I have had plenty of expos fail like earlier where there are no enemies but the loot chests don't drop. Normally I solo expos. I don't enjoy going with a group most of the time as I spend more time bringing allies up than shooting. If you go alone you control all the agro on the enemies, with a group your reliant on them not being stupid. If you need help and play on the NA servers whisper Tisereck, not sure I can help ya, but can at least get an idea of what you may be doing wrong.

Dat Windmill
01-06-2016, 11:30 AM
I seriously don't get why so many people have trouble with expeditions. Me and my EXP friends often do tier 60+ without losing more than the single HR it takes to get in. Some experience and common sense is needed, thats all. And about the loots, of my expo group, most of them have gotten 2+ supremes, with one of them gotten 2 weapons and 2 shields. I honestly dont see the problem everyone have with him.
This is some fine end game content, because it's actully somewhat of a challenge, nothing you at 5k ego runs in and solo. Only thing i dont like about expeditions is how poor tier/rounds stack with drop chance. OJ drops are too rare imo.
- Playing on EU PC, hit me up if you need some advice or something.

SirServed
01-06-2016, 11:35 AM
I really don't underand the complaints yall have. I spend most of my time doing expos. I have 4 oj rigs, 3 of which are fully opened. If you read the info the " good loot " isn't going to drop until round 8 tier 31. The lag your experiencing must be your computer, the only expo I have issues with is doing the monarch in the circle bunker boss room. I have had plenty of expos fail like earlier where there are no enemies but the loot chests don't drop. Normally I solo expos. I don't enjoy going with a group most of the time as I spend more time bringing allies up than shooting. If you go alone you control all the agro on the enemies, with a group your reliant on them not being stupid. If you need help and play on the NA servers whisper Tisereck, not sure I can help ya, but can at least get an idea of what you may be doing wrong.
This is one reason why I rarely do Expeditions. I generally only go with people I know (it's to the point where we schedule our runs), but I'm also good enough to carry a group if needed for the first 7 Rounds. I refuse to do Tier 30 or higher with people that I don't know/trust, because that's when things start to get unfair.

Tyrious
01-06-2016, 12:24 PM
if expeditions are so messed up and I know they are I started playing them on PTS before they were released to the live server why din't they fix them before releasing them and why charge so much to buy the HR's there cost is about 5X what it should be I know they make a lot of money so they used that as their bench mark but many people don't make as much as they do

MeetYourMakerr
01-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Everyone i know running expos, including myself, are always randomly being thrown to the dock, losing req, rounds, and timer. Its bs. Its stopping a lot of people from playing expo. Its not fun running expo when you dont know if youre going to end up at the dock and lose everything.

Keeper Riff
01-06-2016, 02:07 PM
The lag your experiencing must be your computerThe lag I'm experiencing is because the servers are located on the opposite side of the Earth from me. So the latency is 200 ms minimum, 300 ms average and 500 ms peak at public events. And I'm not complaining, just explaining to the OP why he/she could get one-shotted for no apparent reason. To those who still don't understand — playing the game at latency of 50 ms and 200 ms are like playing two completely different games. Latency affects what and when things are displayed on the screen, what's being sent to the server and the server's decision on the success of the player's actions. It even affects the fire rate of semi-auto weapons and functioning of many situational bonuses and perks.

mojojojo
01-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Auto extracted 5 times I'm done

Olaf
01-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Auto extracted 5 times I'm done

Yeah it's lame as...

Ea Rapture
01-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Auto extracted from arkfalls.

Oh wait... Wrong thread.

Nefarious
01-06-2016, 05:20 PM
As far as Expos tending to drag on and suck Trion has mentioned that they are doing something to them with the up and coming 'Big' update.

Silent_0ne
01-06-2016, 05:30 PM
As far as Expos tending to drag on and suck Trion has mentioned that they are doing something to them with the up and coming 'Big' update.

I really hope they remove the timer of add some way we can continue where we left off...On the outside of expos wm is great now & unplayable, so many bmgs 45% crit perk is unusable so many crimefigthers lag & mass cannons they're treating like the xmas wm but the timer is back.......sigh & the failure.

Kapo
01-06-2016, 09:09 PM
If you think expos are scam then whole game is base on that same thought , from lock boxes giving shtt and making you lose money, event giving out of 100 mjr 1 OJ and 99 t3 , ark falls giving 0 ojs to many , daily s wasting every body's life to get vendor shtt , etc etc yeah I would say whole game is a big fk up scam . Many of my friends have left because of the RNG giving them shtt from day one but defiance team dont give a *** about it , all they care is your wallet and banning ppl that are making them lose money on exploits like farming forges etc , they don't even banned thieves because thieves make player lose money but do not make defi lose anything , all that said good luck getting anything done with this thread but I'm sure this will end up in the garbage same with them thieves thread lol...only game I know of that banned the ones trying to get more out of the ****y system that only gives shtt in return from playing hrs ,days , years but doesn't banned thieves stealing on daily basics weapon and hard work gear from the same players making them make money ... I can go on but wont get anywhere ..

pew pew pew
01-06-2016, 09:14 PM
TL;DR: I play games for fun not to hunt drops/rewards. BUT I'm not from this world since I feel much less entitled than so many others do in all king of game with an existent RNG. If you start playing a game exclusively for drops/rewards then it's time to move on.

M4ntiCOr3
01-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Hmm.., i must finally state, that i think some Players here spoke the Truth about me and my Opinion about Expeds,
specially about my Skill/Ego and the lack of Knowledge how to play Expeds better

Well, i running blindly into some Bugs and were b.tchmoved by a FL-Player, because he let me bleed alone with the Gulanian, what results in burning of alot of Reqs

And.., after thinking again about this Situation, the Bugs wasnt the Major Problem,
it was my "Buddy" and my lack of knowledge plus my freaky Will to end the damn round, no matter what..

sure, the bugs should get fixed and sure the awards to play expeds are very low for low player,
but still i dont hate the game
and i dont want that thread in this way,
to spread hate about the game

regards

Hunter0
01-06-2016, 10:22 PM
2k ego player joined me last week for 2 rounds and pulled an OJ RIG...! & ive never pulled 1

hempman
01-06-2016, 11:25 PM
Hmm.., i must finally state, that i think some Players here spoke the Truth about me and my Opinion about Expeds,
specially about my Skill/Ego and the lack of Knowledge how to play Expeds better

Well, i running blindly into some Bugs and were b.tchmoved by a FL-Player, because he let me bleed alone with the Gulanian, what results in burning of alot of Reqs

And.., after thinking again about this Situation, the Bugs wasnt the Major Problem,
it was my "Buddy" and my lack of knowledge plus my freaky Will to end the damn round, no matter what..

sure, the bugs should get fixed and sure the awards to play expeds are very low for low player,
but still i dont hate the game
and i dont want that thread in this way,
to spread hate about the game

regards

if you ever decide to switch over to xbox360 Na,ill personally take you thru the expos,and many other things.
you would have to start over/new toon/360na server,but,there is Quite a lot of people on Na.
just a thought...

M4ntiCOr3
01-06-2016, 11:35 PM
thx for the offer, hempman! :)

Jeff Lonestar
01-07-2016, 02:35 AM
lol why do i feel like im the only one here who actually still loves expeditions?

the only thing i hate about expos, is the fact that EVERYONE only likes to play Hellbug hunt cause its the easiest. xD Hellbugs is sooooo boring.

feel free to join me in The War Below, Stolen Purpose, and Heaven Sent anytime ppl.

Hunter0
01-07-2016, 05:21 AM
lol why do i feel like im the only one here who actually still loves expeditions?

the only thing i hate about expos, is the fact that EVERYONE only likes to play Hellbug hunt cause its the easiest. xD Hellbugs is sooooo boring.

feel free to join me in The War Below, Stolen Purpose, and Heaven Sent anytime ppl.

What did you get from your 23 hours playing expo ?

Jeff Lonestar
01-07-2016, 07:34 AM
What did you get from your 23 hours playing expo ?

To answer that i'll link you to a post from last may: ===>Click Here!<=== (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210758-Expeditions-How-far-did-you-get&p=1762216#post1762216)

Since then though the loot drops have been increased, ive got numerous oj rigs, chips, & guns.
heres a pic of the oj rigs i decided to keep:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/jdogggyea/my%20rigs_zpsgsj7c3uh.jpg

hempman
01-07-2016, 07:41 AM
thx for the offer, hempman! :)
np ,and also my best friend Evil says if you do come over,
youll have no worries for weapons or shields,hell take care of you as well till you level up and get stable.
he also offers you a spot in the clan as well,Moab Desert.
hes a really cool guy,even tho its his fault im addicted to this game.
LOL

PithHelmetIrath
01-07-2016, 07:53 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/jdogggyea/my%20rigs_zpsgsj7c3uh.jpg

Your clan name is =Bullet Club=??

That's pretty sweet.

Jeff Lonestar
01-07-2016, 08:03 AM
LOL our clan name is Veteran Arkhunters, but i call everyone in the clan part of our =Bullet Club=

Kuroro
01-07-2016, 03:07 PM
jeff,this saturday iŽll be doing some expos with friends,wanna come?not sure about what hour

Jeff Lonestar
01-07-2016, 07:15 PM
sure if im on when u guys are, im down.