PDA

View Full Version : Season Pass and In-game shop?

Duskky
02-17-2013, 12:11 PM
I was thinking if they put a In-game shop for real currency for items and such would the season pass affect it in anyway? Would do you think?

I know of the in-game currency that comes with the UE.

I think if they did do a in-game micro-transaction the season pass would give a discount of some sort.

EDIT: Not a NPC shop as to say but a shop that would have a certain sale a week like most MMO's have.

I know what the season pass does but a few games have also made the season pass discount in-game items.

DFawkes
02-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Given we already know there will be an in-game shop, with the Ultimate Edition even coming with some of that currency, I wouldn't expect the Season Pass to interfere with that - the shop will still probably offer things like inventory space and XP boosts (assuming it's like most MMOs), The Season Pass will more likely for game content such as missions and extra maps.

I can't see the Season Pass giving any sort of discount on the other stuff, as that's not what it's really for. Plus that'd probably be difficult to implement on 360 and PS3. Not impossible of course, but different prices based on what DLC codes you already have would be more bother than it's worth for them.

Bornhald
02-17-2013, 01:10 PM
The season pass only provides access to all the content updates (paid ones) in season 1 of the game. It's basically just paying for it all in advance at a much lower cost. And they have already confirmed a cash shop, which will mostly have boosts and cosmetics.

DJTrig
02-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Unless they do things differently to everybody else,the pass will carry a discount on DLC/expansions so i don't think they would add a store bonus aswell.That is of course only if they offer a regular pass,this one could be a one off deal for release.

Duskky
02-17-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm getting the Season pass for the DLC with my UE but i'd purchase a discount for the in-game shop if it was made possible.

DJTrig
02-17-2013, 01:30 PM
That could be something for them to think about if the store proves popular.Maybe some kind of members club that could offer discounts or regular currency gifts like some other MMO's.Guess it also depends on if they plan on adding much to the store to make it worth a membership deal.

lPATT
02-17-2013, 03:54 PM
personally i would like to see the season pass do more then just getting all season 1 dlc ... i mean battlefield premium get you all dlc and other little goody like 2x exp weekend and such ... would be cool season pass user get those thing too

Midniteryu
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
personally i would like to see the season pass do more then just getting all season 1 dlc ... i mean battlefield premium get you all dlc and other little goody like 2x exp weekend and such ... would be cool season pass user get those thing too
Would be cool, and who's to say it doesn't as of this point from what I can tell all we know is that it's a season 1 dlc pass and no other information has been given if the pass includes access to special events or bonus'.

dstrollo360
02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Would be cool, and who's to say it doesn't as of this point from what I can tell all we know is that it's a season 1 dlc pass and no other information has been given if the pass includes access to special events or bonus'.

I've always disliked the whole "seasons" thing. It should be for the whole game life. :/ Like with Borderlands 2 another season pass is supposed to release and it's like ridiculous.

Midniteryu
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
I've always disliked the whole "seasons" thing. It should be for the whole game life. :/ Like with Borderlands 2 another season pass is supposed to release and it's like ridiculous.

Yeah I agree, I only just learned that the season passes are only one year of dlc. Makes me glad I bought the ultimate edition, but I wonder how much content will be released year one becuase that would determine if I buy the next season pass or not.