PDA

View Full Version : upgrading question

Cygnus
01-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Please refrain from offering opinions.im looking for people who have a lot of experience with upgrading and supremes of all types especially prepatch an old rolls.

I have a oj 2x crit roll with crit mastery which is nice but the weapon in question would bennefit more from a 2x damage with a damage mastery due to its nano.

Question
If I remaster for damage, I can change one crit roll to damage,then supreme it and change the other crit roll to damage after it supremes since its oj at the moment.correct?if so how would you go about it.this weapon gets the extra purple roll when supremed if im not mistaken.

Thank you for your input

Charapoo
01-17-2016, 04:16 PM
You get one reroll per rarity.

So if you start with an OJ, you can reroll any one roll, and after supreme you can reroll a second roll.

An Epic weapon can get 3 rerolls.

Just dont ever use the reset rolls option because I have read it puts all rolls back to base, though I cant confirm that.

Mr B
01-17-2016, 04:35 PM
Doesn't work that way on prepatch weapons.
If you reroll a roll on a prepatch oj weapon, this roll will revert back to its original roll when supremed, leaving you with unwanted rolls.
Learned that the hard way...

Edit: Also i assume the 2 crit rolls are the green and the blue one?
You can't roll damage on a green roll on prepatch weapons, only blue roll and orange roll.

Menetekel
01-17-2016, 05:10 PM
If the weapon is OJ then when you upgrade to supreme you will get a second purple roll as the supreme bonus. Prepatch weapons are a pain to figure out but if they're anything like other weapons then when you reroll say the oj for damage after supreming it you may very well end up rerolling the blue damage roll to something else. So you would have your white roll, green crit, blue random, a purple roll, an oj damage locked roll, and another purple roll. I don't think that you will be able to manage the double damage roll your looking for because of the way that the reroll system works.

Cygnus
01-17-2016, 06:12 PM
I may be incorrect in identifying roll type.its old roll system but has all rolls. not sure if thats considered pre patch.ill post rolls when I get a chance.thank you for the info guys!!

xXxDSMer
01-17-2016, 06:21 PM
If the weapon itself has two crit rolls (blue and green) then it is old roll system.
Other hints are things like -0.10 or -0.20 recoil, oj 1.10dmg, or just check the appropriate chart at: http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php

As far as changing it into a double damage weapon: you should be able to reroll blue to damage. Might have to reroll orange to damage if it isn't already there (as blue and orange are the only two damage possibilities on prior roll system). I do know Rashere changed reroll behavior for NON-jackpot weapons to just remove the lock and leave the roll (the rerolled to roll). With no roll conflicts that happen to be present in current roll system I can't imagine that it would change the roll on a prior roll system weapon when said weapon is upgraded in rarity - unless old roll system things were given a different behavior in that regard than current roll system things.

Menetekel
01-17-2016, 07:31 PM
I do know Rashere changed reroll behavior for NON-jackpot weapons to just remove the lock and leave the roll (the rerolled to roll). With no roll conflicts that happen to be present in current roll system I can't imagine that it would change the roll on a prior roll system weapon when said weapon is upgraded in rarity - unless old roll system things were given a different behavior in that regard than current roll system things.

Just slightly confused here. If I reroll the supreme roll to damage and the blue roll was previously damage the re-roll system then rerolls the blue damage roll to a random non damage roll. I'm not sure if you would be able to re-roll the blue to damage then once upgraded to supreme and the lock is gone re-roll the oj roll to damage without the blue damage roll now being re-rolled to a new random as well. The whole pre-patch re-roll system is so confusing... Has anyone managed to do this yet on a pre-patch weapon?

Mr B
01-17-2016, 08:02 PM
I tried it on a prepatch tachmag of mine.
Was orange with the blue recoil roll.
Rerolled recoil to crit.
Then supremed the weapon.
The recoil roll was back.
So it doesn't seem to work with prepatch guns.
Would be nice to have someone else share their experience with prepatch weaps though, maybe we could learn more about them.

Chump Norris
01-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Rerolled recoil to crit.
Would be nice to have someone else share their experience with prepatch weaps though, maybe we could learn more about them.

That has never happened to me, I just tried this on PTS..

http://i.imgur.com/H6UNR66.png

I know people that have made 2x DMG (not counting mastery) using rerolls and rarity upgrade, not sure what went wrong with your Tachmag..

Mr B
01-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Oh well...don't know either.Pfff.Glad to see that though. Ty for your input, might try on other weapons then, see how it goes.
Good news for you TC :)

Menetekel
01-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Rerolled recoil to crit.

If the weapon was a named weapon then the rolls resets when you upgrade to supreme... So far as I know this only happens with named weapons.

Chump Norris
01-17-2016, 10:07 PM
If your weapon already has OJ Damage there isn't anyway you can mess it up so..

If your gun looks like..

White Roll
Crit
Crit
10% EGO
Not DMG

You reroll the OJ roll to DMG then supreme the gun and then reroll the blue roll to DMG.

Now everything below this is technically my opinion :)

XP Mastery:

Supreme DMG mastery roll = not worth it.

Supreme Crit mastery roll = worth it.

If your gun looks like..

White Roll
Crit
Crit
15% Nade/25% Stowed
DMG

You reroll the purp roll then supreme the gun and then reroll blue to DMG.

If your gun looks like..

White Roll
Crit
Crit
10% EGO
DMG

You reroll the blue to DMG then supreme the gun.

I hope that helped.

Cygnus
01-18-2016, 03:27 AM
Awesome input!!thank you everyone!!