PDA

View Full Version : Expo Rewards Revamped

doctordabs
01-19-2016, 06:33 AM
First off - we'd like input from decision makers... lets get some answers from people that actually have the ability to make decisions and stand behind their answers. I love the devs but in the end they're still just taking orders from someone with a bigger hat.

In reference to an earlier thread about the gaming community begging for better expo rewards....

That isn't quite accurate. We talked about a few topics in regards to expedition rewards including the shields that have been added, and the fact that rigs and chips are becoming less sought after as many high end players are getting to the point where they have the ones they are interested.

We also talked a lot about rarity, and what folks are looking for. Part of what was said was that we were looking at the RNG, and were mostly happy with that aspect of loot in expeditions. We keep an eye on what players are getting as a group, and will definitely keep doing so. We also talked about the fact that we're considering potential long term changes to allow forms of non RNG related ways to get loot from expeditions. That way if you have less satisfactory results from the RNG, you'll still be able to make progress towards highly desirable items in another manner. .

Frankly - it doesn't matter if the people who sit in the office and RARELY play are happy with the game. We're the players and we're not happy with the direction things are going.....
Examples:

Arkforge - We get less arkforge and put in more effort than any expert co-op. Expert Co-ops have a respectable payout for arkforge. Don't lower it - raise the payout of AF per round in succession for expeds... We had to pay a req to join and it'd be nice if that payment at least justified the winnings.

Keystone Chips - most of us could care less about buying these from the vendor since they drop these useless chips all day in expo and we can't use them on any rigs since oj's almost NEVER drop. - Perhaps replace keystone chips in the rng with something useful like - almost anything else.

Blues drops are not acceptable as an expo reward or from golden skitterlings in ANY expo post-tier-25. Lets look at this with a common-sense-factor here.. we made it to tier 25.. any blues you give us are instantly salvaged and the resentment meter fills up a little more..but expo rewards are just fine

Keycodes - If you can't fix the rng and you refuse to increase AF rewards... then why not keycodes.. we have a higher chance at an oj from a 24key box than we do from wasting all day in an expo.. i speak from personal experience (yesterday alone i spent 5 hours in expo and yet again kept only 1 drop that was a pistol mod).. but expo rewards are just fine

Hunter Reqs - Well idk about everyone else but i've stopped buying them because of the above referenced quote ... if you wanna sell more HR's you might want to make it worth our investment because right now i can spend THREE hr's for a private and have much higher chances of getting something desirable instead of spending countless hr's over the course of a week and getting nothing... but expo rewards are just fine

And last but not least..... Why am i picking up better quality loot off the ground from baddies than the actual boss-chests at the end of the expo.. ...

So with a heartfelt plea.... fix the expo rewards.. I can't abide spending money on hr's in the current state..... You don't need to sit around and have round-table-talks about what to do... there's several examples noted above that could be put into place very quickly....i'm sure changing the amt of AF you win from a single round in Expo's can't be nearly as hard as rewriting an RNG (which needs to be replaced altogether but hey here's a workaround).

OokamiXIII
01-19-2016, 08:03 AM
This is what we, the "small vocal minority", have come to expect from the devs. It's not like we put money into this game or anything, or take time to give them feedback here on the forums.....

Charapoo
01-19-2016, 08:53 AM
This is what we, the "small vocal minority", have come to expect from the devs. It's not like we put money into this game or anything, or take time to give them feedback here on the forums.....

They are faced with the harsh reality that this is an older game on older gaming systems, and it costs money to keep the lights on. Their only way to squeeze more out of it is make the bit store more appealing (read "necessary") by adding more crap to the dilute the good things even more.

The whales buy more bits, the f2p leave.

doctordabs
01-19-2016, 09:07 AM
They are faced with the harsh reality that this is an older game on older gaming systems, and it costs money to keep the lights on. Their only way to squeeze more out of it is make the bit store more appealing (read "necessary") by adding more crap to the dilute the good things even more.

The whales buy more bits, the f2p leave.

That's the problem tho. The "whales" like myself are people who instead of buying a new game, spend 60ish bucks on defiance instead. Eventually we'll just spend that money on a new game and devote our time to that game instead.

Charapoo
01-19-2016, 09:17 AM
That's the problem tho. The "whales" like myself are people who instead of buying a new game, spend 60ish bucks on defiance instead. Eventually we'll just spend that money on a new game and devote our time to that game instead.

I've spent a lot more than I typically would myself, but when pay2win turns into pay2enjoy, id rather be paying a subscription and they can close up some of these arkforge sinkholes and bit store gated content.

OokamiXIII
01-19-2016, 09:46 AM
I've spent a lot more than I typically would myself, but when pay2win turns into pay2enjoy, id rather be paying a subscription and they can close up some of these arkforge sinkholes and bit store gated content.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've spent more on this game then literally any other game, bar none.

Xyorg
01-19-2016, 01:25 PM
100% agree

PithHelmetIrath
01-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Eventually we'll just spend that money on a new game and devote our time to that game instead.

Recently fell into this category myself.. Rainbow Six Siege is a cruel mistress! lol

Saminator
01-19-2016, 06:32 PM
I have played over 1000+ rounds of tier 23+ expeditions, and I have still never found a legendary Instigator rig better than the current purple ones I use. All of the legendary ones I have found so far have only had 4 hexagon shaped slots in the rig where as the purple ones I use have 6, allowing me to input more damage related chips.

This needs to get sorted already!

Formy Virtueme
01-20-2016, 06:20 AM
Good summary of the exp payoffs!

Saminator
01-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah it really isn't worth it at all. Not to mention out of all the time I've put it in expeditions which is a LOT, I only have two legendary instigator rigs. 2!!

Skiller115
01-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Yeah it really isn't worth it at all. Not to mention out of all the time I've put it in expeditions which is a LOT, I only have two legendary instigator rigs. 2!!

Yeah I never seen an OJ Instigator with 6 hexs they always drop with 4 or 5! Lol my Prime Evolver has 4 hexs why do on omnis drop with less that six is silly because you'll pick up hundreds of purples that could have 6 hexs:rolleyes: