PDA

View Full Version : Vehicular Manslaughter Achievement

Bentu
01-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know of a way this can be achieved, I spent some time in a shadow war with a friend today and we removed shields and rigs etc but we couldn't get our health down low enough to kill each other.
I have asked on the pvp forum but that doesn't get much traffic.

Thnx

Big Jack Shepard
01-23-2016, 12:01 AM
Shoot the roadkill a little before you drive over it? I assume you used the vehicle perks as well.

Bentu
01-23-2016, 12:36 AM
I didn't even think about looking at the perks as I only remember that one that makes you take less vehicle dmg.
I'll have a look before our pvp meet up today.

Thnx

rita mortis
01-23-2016, 01:38 AM
You can also use a typhoon to weaken yourself before your friend runs you over just jump and shoot at your feet

true
01-23-2016, 01:50 AM
Go into shadow war and take the cerberus for a joy ride running over hellbug skitterlings. Not sure if it was a glitch or not at the time but my other account completed at the same time as running enemys over.

If that doesn't work then try having them stand against a wall while u ram them with boost on just after they drop a boomer round at their feet.

Mrdr
01-23-2016, 06:12 AM
As mentioned in your other thread, I've done this for a friend (let him run me over close to 100 times...was crazy). I can help you out next time I'm on if you haven't already got it. He ran me into me with a quad in shadow war and it worked really well.

Logain
01-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Go into shadow war and take the cerberus for a joy ride running over hellbug skitterlings.

This works.

Mister Ree
01-23-2016, 12:04 PM
This works.

That works for the pursuits. The trophy/achievement is only granted from pvp road kills.

Saminator
01-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Their is a much easier way to get this achievement that I'm surprised no one else has mentioned yet.

Go to Freight Yard, get the enemy to stand next to the big hole in the road that's on the side, and just knock the enemy into it with your vehicle, counts as a vehicle kill. Super duper easy :)

pievcn
01-23-2016, 12:09 PM
do explosion 101 on standard and run all the raiders over when u have the cerb

Saminator
01-23-2016, 12:10 PM
do explosion 101 on standard and run all the raiders over when u have the cerb

Pievcn read the topic again. This is a pvp achievement they are talking about, explosions 101 will not help.

J3R3MIAHS
01-23-2016, 12:17 PM
It's a BS achievement, me and bentu tried it yesterday. I had 1 1/2 bars of health no shield and he couldn't kill me when he hit me with a atv.

Saminator
01-23-2016, 12:19 PM
It's a BS achievement, me and bentu tried it yesterday. I had 1 1/2 bars of health no shield and he couldn't kill me when he hit me with a atv.

Just do freight yard and knock your enemy into the hole in the road, counts as a road kill. Super easy mode!

J3R3MIAHS
01-23-2016, 12:25 PM
Just do freight yard and knock your enemy into the hole in the road, counts as a road kill. Super easy mode!

Hmmmmmmmmm....interesting

Saminator
01-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm....interesting

Yeah this is what I told most people in my clan on how to do that achievement, it definitely counts towards it as many of us have that achievement because of this. Though I got it at a time were running over someone was a one hit kill on 2013 haha.

But anyway yes try this, not many know about getting the achievement this way but it definitely works.

Mrdr
01-23-2016, 12:33 PM

Good luck not getting your Cerberus destroyed within seconds of getting it near that hole...and then being boomered to hell immediately afterwards.

Saminator
01-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Good luck not getting your Cerberus destroyed within seconds of getting it near that hole...and then being boomered to hell immediately afterwards.

Well cause my clan is large, we are able to just fill up our own game by getting several groups together and searching at the same time, then we are in our own little private session. So it made it very easy for everyone to get that achievement :)

Mrdr
01-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Well cause my clan is large, we are able to just fill up our own game by getting several groups together and searching at the same time, then we are in our own little private session. So it made it very easy for everyone to get that achievement :)

Ah ha...then you should've prefaced your idea with this because the Cerberus is like a 4 for 1 special in freight yard under normal conditions.

Saminator
01-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Ah ha...then you should've prefaced your idea with this because the Cerberus is like a 4 for 1 special in freight yard under normal conditions.

What's this about Cerberus anyway? Just use all the quad bikes the game gives you, that's enough to do the achievement haha.

Bentu
01-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Should be able to knock them into the whole with the quad. Will try it later if I can get a friend on the opposite team.

Saminator
01-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Should be able to knock them into the whole with the quad. Will try it later if I can get a friend on the opposite team.

Yeah just do that. Maybe ask around if anyone else needs it then you could get a game going of just players all needing the achievement and no one will shoot then :)

Bentu
01-23-2016, 06:12 PM
Yeah just do that. Maybe ask around if anyone else needs it then you could get a game going of just players all needing the achievement and no one will shoot then :)

You'd think so wouldn't you, been there an hour trying to get this and plenty of guys coming over for the cheap kills.
Kind of spoils the good will.

Anyway I'm going to be standing at the hole on Frieght yard and if anyone wants to knock me in they're welcome, all I ask is that they let me return the favour ;).

Edit. That's xbox NA server.

Skiller115
01-23-2016, 07:38 PM
If you still need this then I'll hop on my NA toon

Bentu
01-23-2016, 11:45 PM
I'm thinking my character is glitched regarding this achievement.
Spent a good few hours in Freight yard doing the knock in the hole method and must of had over 40 kills and it won't tick off for me.
I'll still help out anyone else who wants to get it though just look me up in game or pm me etc.

rita mortis
01-24-2016, 03:03 AM
You this ain't popping for me either

ianvoyager
01-24-2016, 03:14 AM
Hope this FY method works…going to give it a shot now! This is the only PSN Trophy I need in order to obtain a Platnum for Defiance. Be nice to have that as a record after all the time, effort & money that has been put into this game by me.

Failing this, has anyone contacted Trion Support about this? Can they (or will the) be able to do anything to help?

NullWolf
01-24-2016, 03:29 AM
I did the trophy a long long time ago but from what I remember even when you managed to get a vehicle kill it was pretty much a crapshoot weather it actually counted for the trophy or not. Only real way to keep track of it was by checking the pursuit after every freightyard match.

Sometimes I could hit someone that another player shot in the foot and kill him and it'd count for the player that shot him in the foot and other things like that. Pretty much boils down to lag and latiency issues between players.

Had the game platinum'd in the first 2 or 3 weeks and 95% of the time platinuming it was spent on this.
Granted I knew no one, was low ego, didn't have my vehicle rank to 20 and all that when I went for it.

Even with people helping you get it just remember you're in the biggest easiest weakest target on the map and not everyone is willing to ignore an easy kill so you're going to die ALOT.

Bentu
01-24-2016, 06:27 AM
Trying to get it done was a nightmare in FY as was said above loads of people were there for the free kills which I didn't mind so much as I'm over dieing in pvp now, it used to both me but I don't care anymore.
Back on topic, virtually every kill registered as a vehicle kill at the hole, one or two did show as assists but the amount of kills I got the achievement should of dropped.

Mrdr
01-24-2016, 07:24 AM
Trying to get it done was a nightmare in FY as was said above loads of people were there for the free kills which I didn't mind so much as I'm over dieing in pvp now, it used to both me but I don't care anymore.
Back on topic, virtually every kill registered as a vehicle kill at the hole, one or two did show as assists but the amount of kills I got the achievement should of dropped.

It takes like 100 kills for this. I have helped another player get this trophy/achievement and he had to kill me lots and lots and lots of times. We did it in shadow war, and were rarely being attacked by others. It took us a few hours total to get it done (had to do it over a few days due to our normal play times). This way was pretty easy but it does take a while to get.

Saminator
01-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah the freight yard method in the hole works, it's just the achievement is really silly because sometimes some road kills just don't count for some reason. So just aim for 100 kills and hopefully you get the achievement before you actually make it to 100. If you get to 100 first ten that's just really unlucky.

Bentu
01-24-2016, 07:14 PM
If it was possible to do it on my own then ok I'd do it somehow but to ask a friend to stand there and get killed for cheap points by trolls is not on.
Yesterday I was standing there waiting for guys to come along and see if they could get the achievement and 2 guys just stood there snipping at me about 10 foot away trying for cheap kills.
It gets my goat when you try and do something to help people out and others take advantage.
Funny thing was I'd crouch as they'd shoot making them miss lol. He'd then reload and I'd crouch fire miss lol. I was in hysterics at one point, real big belly laughs lol.

Load crouch fire miss
Load crouch fire miss
Load crouch fire miss

10 times on the trott at one point lol.

Anyway a tickets gone in so hopefully they'll sort it.

ianvoyager
01-25-2016, 02:16 AM
Anyway a tickets gone in so hopefully they'll sort it.

Bentu, can I please ask you to reply to this thread when you get a response from Trion support regarding this achievement? I am curious to know if they can (or will) do anything to help regarding this trophie. If they do offer assistance, I'll file a ticket on this matter as well.

BoTheFallen
01-25-2016, 02:35 AM
If it was possible to do it on my own then ok I'd do it somehow but to ask a friend to stand there and get killed for cheap points by trolls is not on.
Yesterday I was standing there waiting for guys to come along and see if they could get the achievement and 2 guys just stood there snipping at me about 10 foot away trying for cheap kills.
It gets my goat when you try and do something to help people out and others take advantage.
Funny thing was I'd crouch as they'd shoot making them miss lol. He'd then reload and I'd crouch fire miss lol. I was in hysterics at one point, real big belly laughs lol.

So, you're talking about boosting pvp kills and yet you refer to others as trolls?...interesting

Bentu
01-25-2016, 04:19 AM
So, you're talking about boosting pvp kills and yet you refer to others as trolls?...interesting

When I'm doing something to try and help others out and guys come over to leach off mine and others good will yes.
This has been broken forever and there's no guarantee it'll be fixed with the pvp fix so this is a method to get the achievement, if those guys wanted to join in and either stand there and get knocked into the hole or knock people into the hole as they need the achievement then fine but to deliberately reck others efforts to me is trolling.

Sorry if that offends you.

BoTheFallen
01-25-2016, 10:00 AM
I understand that it's screwed up. I hate pvp and only play it because it's necessary to level my toons. Given that the player population has diminished and it often takes quite a long time to get into the match I need in order to complete pursuits or dailies, I'm supposed to refrain from killing boosters? Sorry, but if you're in the combat zone and on the opposing team, I'm going to kill you.That goes goes for clannies, friends, etc. After a year, I still need a handful of kills to get the achievement myself, but I'll get them legit. With the cheaters, lazy boosters, and crybabies whom complain about the weapons people use in this horribly unbalanced pvp, I just don't think people who are killing you fairly are the trolls here.

Bentu
01-25-2016, 10:54 AM
I understand that it's screwed up. I hate pvp and only play it because it's necessary to level my toons. Given that the player population has diminished and it often takes quite a long time to get into the match I need in order to complete pursuits or dailies, I'm supposed to refrain from killing boosters? Sorry, but if you're in the combat zone and on the opposing team, I'm going to kill you.That goes goes for clannies, friends, etc. After a year, I still need a handful of kills to get the achievement myself, but I'll get them legit. With the cheaters, lazy boosters, and crybabies whom complain about the weapons people use in this horribly unbalanced pvp, I just don't think people who are killing you fairly are the trolls here.

Last reply because, well just because.

How are your kills legit when you're shooting someone standing still waiting for a vehicle to run them over.

But what ever, support just advanced my achievement.