PDA

View Full Version : 1/26/16 - NA/EU Update (PC, Xbox360, PS3) @ 10:00 AM PST / 6:00 PM GMT

6FeetUnder
01-26-2016, 05:31 AM
Again time stolen of our paid subscription and the European server that you dont care which will not be returned to service until 5am tomorrow morning local time. No commercial gesture

Thx Tryon

Graymane
01-26-2016, 06:37 AM
Patron is 8.99€ / month if you choose monthly sub.
January has 31 days, each day has 24hours totalling in 744h.
That makes the hourly cost of the patron pass 1,208333 cent.

So the "amount stolen" for 5 hours downtime is 6,041667 cent.
Schockingly you lose about 9,6cent every single night while sleeping.
And dont let me get started on work time...

Jokes aside - the majority of Trions income is in the states I'd guess so its a wise choice commercially to patch at a time when its convenient for that market.

ArthriticNed
01-26-2016, 06:50 AM
I'm in the middle of the States, the downtime starts at noon for me so I'm not sure why you think this only has a negative affect on EU

And I'm pretty sure the reason its done at these time is because that's when trion employees are at work…...

6FeetUnder
01-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Graymane u ve forgot number of gamers who paid since 2013 nd how many times europeen servers is down longer as annonced , so your calculation is inaccurate.
And I'm not talking about paid Requisition (which is not my case) and not made sequels to many games of bugs

What is shocking is that people do nothing and let do ...

OokamiXIII
01-26-2016, 07:00 AM
Yeah this update effectively makes it so I might be able to play for a couple hours and not again till tomorrow. East coast time zone ftw.

Ray8888
01-26-2016, 07:09 AM
Of all the things that you could legitimately complain about you choose this? Nobody is on at noon on a tuesday. I would say the most populated times are between 5pm and midnight. Regardless, they have to find 5 hours somewhere.

You want to complain complain that this "update" took half a year of our suggestions and a dedicated bug search to come up with over 30 bugs and they're fixing TWO.

Graymane
01-26-2016, 07:13 AM
So if I understand you correctly 6Feet...

Youre not a patron (so not currently paying for any kind of service) and complain about a free to play game "stealing" your time because of a patch ?
Wow... Are you sure you're not american ? ;)

Whatever someone paid as a subscription for an mmo in the past was a monthly access fee that entitles people to exactly nothing after the subscription ran out.
Yes, servers may be down longer than announced but that can happen with any mmo after a patch - even those that are not f2p.
Ned gave another very good reason - you want a patch deployed while people are working so they can react to anything unforseen.

For me - its a day without playing defiance. So personally I will either play something else, watch telly , read a book etc.
Not that big of a deal imo.

6FeetUnder
01-26-2016, 07:21 AM
we pay for a service that is not done and if you do not understand that it is useless to argue with you. a maintenance 5h does not mean maintenance over 10 hours and repeated several times in a month ...

Maybe what I bring is too hard for you to understand, i dont know lol.

Anyway, enjoy your experience

Keziah
01-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Glah....It's too early in the morning for this..I'm going to just drink the rest of my coffee & continue to keep my mouth shut..lol.

OokamiXIII
01-26-2016, 07:30 AM
I still feel that the patches should dictate special circumstances. Instead of 5 hours during the middle of the day, from oh say midnight to 4am once every month or so would be far better.

M4ntiCOr3
01-26-2016, 07:49 AM
Are you sure you're not american ? ;)

Dunno, but he let you die, if you play randomly with him, on a Daily Contract Mission on the Map, with a Sword.. Reason: "You play with a Sword!"
So, i also dont wonder of his complaining about some Offline Hours, because he's also strange ingame somehow. ;)

Ray8888
01-26-2016, 08:46 AM
I still feel that the patches should dictate special circumstances. Instead of 5 hours during the middle of the day, from oh say midnight to 4am once every month or so would be far better.

I don't know about the other platforms but there's usually more people on from midnight to server reset than at 9 am on Xbox NA.

Menetekel
01-26-2016, 09:15 AM
Again time stolen of our paid subscription and the European server that you dont care which will not be returned to service until 5am tomorrow morning local time. No commercial gesture

Thx Tryon

Woo is you... you can't play from midnight till 5 am... I'm on east coast USA and I can't play from 1 PM to 6 PM. I'll trade you!

A_D3MON
01-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Graymane u ve forgot number of gamers who paid since 2013 nd how many times europeen servers is down longer as annonced , so your calculation is inaccurate.
And I'm not talking about paid Requisition (which is not my case) and not made sequels to many games of bugs

What is shocking is that people do nothing and let do ...

we pay for a service that is not done and if you do not understand that it is useless to argue with you. a maintenance 5h does not mean maintenance over 10 hours and repeated several times in a month ...

Maybe what I bring is too hard for you to understand, i dont know lol.

Anyway, enjoy your experience

Woe is you... you can't play from midnight till 5 am... I'm on east coast USA and I can't play from 1 PM to 6 PM. I'll trade you!

I'm in the middle of the States, the downtime starts at noon for me so I'm not sure why you think this only has a negative affect on EU

And I'm pretty sure the reason its done at these time is because that's when trion employees are at work…...

ok 1) i kno these were taken out of order and 2) idgaf as there is a reason

so let me get this straight 6FT under... you are currently not a patron and have barely spent money on this game... according to what u have stated anyways...

the servers are down longer then announced everywhere not just EU unless they're doing something like resetting them to try getting them operating at peak performance (which will never happen so you get half arsed performance consistently)

this game is f2p so unless you constantly buy things from the store or are a patron you are not paying for any service... you are using said service for free which is exactly what f2p (FREE-TO-PLAY) means.

as for the time they give an estimated time frame... it's not guaranteed... it's estimated... and as for several times a month? they only do that when they ninja patch which only takes a few minutes and all the major patches only happen once or maybe, just maybe twice a month...

so all your arguments are invalid as per the reasons you yourself have stated...

and Menetekel and Ned i live in the central time zone so it's the same time as Ned that it is for me

Skiller115
01-26-2016, 10:17 AM
My Physics Professor is evidently wrong the Earth actually revoles around 6FT Under:rolleyes:

Cobra Crusher
01-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Will you die if you don't play Defiance for 5 hours? No....no you won't.

Menetekel
01-26-2016, 11:05 AM
and Menetekel and Ned i live in the central time zone so it's the same time as Ned that it is for me

My message was in response to the OP...

the European server ... will not be returned to service until 5am tomorrow morning local time.

I like this one :D

You are correct that they won't. However if they don't complain about it there is a distinct possibility that their heads might explode thus dieing from not complaining rather than not playing defiance.

Mr B
01-26-2016, 11:11 AM
"The server will be offline for a quick restart blablabla"
This is the server announcement we got, everytime it makes me laugh.Or not.
So, for players that do not use the forum (most of the player base), this is the information they get.
Yeah ok it doesn't really matter i know.

Is this really that hard to change the server announcement, though?
Real question here.

dirt33gravy16
01-26-2016, 11:17 AM
You guy's really do cry about everything how petty.............

Savagekiller69
01-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Hate to break the news to everybody but in two weeks none of the stuff will work anyway,my frostbite and etern inf quit working 3 days ago.its a waste of money

Gaige12
01-26-2016, 12:05 PM
I love patch day threads when the most entitled players come crawling out of the woodwork for our entertainment.

Ray8888
01-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Hate to break the news to everybody but in two weeks none of the stuff will work anyway,my frostbite and etern inf quit working 3 days ago.its a waste of money

lol
What are you trying to say?

Bentu
01-26-2016, 12:38 PM

Actually if they act up like this at home because they can't play they won't get their warm milk at beddybyes time. :)

dremora ven0m
01-26-2016, 12:49 PM
I've patched & am online on the xbox eu server so dont know what he complaining about!!

Fidel Castro Ruz
01-26-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm with the peers that say that a 5 hours time out from the game for updates and patches is not a big deal. And also like to add that if you have not written a single line of code on your entire life, then you have no right to complain about a little bug or glitch here or there. Go walk in the park, hang with friends, read a book or even get a girlfriend! #FirstWorldProblems

ArthriticNed
01-26-2016, 01:49 PM
That 5 hours took all of 2 hr 45 min.........something new to complain about.........take your time and do things right!! Lol

Lector Lacivious
01-26-2016, 02:16 PM
players complain that the devs are not fixing bugs.
players complain about necessary down time while new code is being deployed to fix bugs.
Players complain about the desire for new content.
players complain about the down time to upload new content.

notice a trend here?

It is not physically possible to deploy patches, upload content, and be able to continue using the software all at the same time.

many people wonder why it takes so long to write code... well the writing part is fairly easy... ensuring that it works properly, and interacts properly with existing code and hardware is the tricky part.
try installing just any old graphics driver to your graphics card and you'll see what I mean. really, don't do that!

99 little bugs in the code, 99 litlle bugs... take one down and patch it around... 117 little bugs in the code.

I've personally seen instances where a simple change to a commercial website, which should have taken 2 hrs to put up splash pages - upload the new code - restart the servers and test it, turn into a 7 - 8 hr ordeal trying to figure out why the website no longer worked as the company lost millions of dollars of daily revenue.

patience is not a virtue... it is a learned behavior!

Nahkohe
01-26-2016, 02:36 PM
so this is my first patch with this game, I opened glyph and its "applying" but it says its going to take 35 hours... any word on that being reality or not?

irisawifi
01-26-2016, 02:55 PM
You are correct that they won't. However if they don't complain about it there is a distinct possibility that their heads might explode thus dieing from not complaining rather than not playing defiance.

aaaaand there goes my coffee. :D