PDA

View Full Version : How do you get better customer service?

Cirran
01-27-2016, 09:24 AM
I submitted a ticket about a problem I am having. I include all the pertinent information. I get a fairly quick reply from Customer Service asking for information I included in my original ticket. This comes across to me like the person replying did not read nor care about my problem. Now I realize they are dealing with hundreds if not thousands of issues everyday.
What information should I include in my trouble ticket and what format to keep from getting a reply asking for information already submitted, or suggesting doing something I already stated I had tried.

Cirran

Graymane
01-27-2016, 09:49 AM
From my experience I can give you one tip:

Persevere.

- Send a ticket with all the information they could need
- respond, giving the information again when asked to
- respond without being asked, clarifying your problem if you get the impression they dont quite understand what you want
- respond if you're not satisfied with the solution

The people that answer your tickets may be on a schedule, needing to solve a certain amount of tickets per hour.
They may get a lot of "those" tickets "OMGZORZWTFISNTYOURSTUP1DG4M3WORKING??????" (<- all the info provided in the ticket)
After a while your brain simply shuts down when dealing with users for a while, theres nothing you can do about it.

On a sidenote:
From your post I get the impression you're an actual unicorn. Graz ! Now keep in mind people in support are not used to dealing with those :P

(Unicorn: User that sends a ticket initially with all the neccessary info, has taken sensible steps to reproduce / fix it themselves before calling etc.
Why is a user like that called a unicorn ?
Legend has it they exist, yet few have seen them. )

Cirran
01-27-2016, 10:12 AM
Thank you for the polite reply and suggestions. My biggest frustration is I got what appears to be a form letter response with 7 bullet statements/ideas for resolution. Point 1 was included in the original trouble ticket. Point 2, and 3 I addressed and resubmitted my ticket. Point 4 only partially had anything to do with my problem. Points 5, 6, and 7 had zip to do with my issue.
I am hopeful that my resubmission of my ticket will come to a resolution of my issue.

Cirran

Graymane
01-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Ive seen exactly the same happen to me a few times.

After my response to the generic standard email I recieved, I got an actual human response and after some back and forth
the ticket was either resolved / forwarded to the devs or I got a polite "Thats how it is, deal with it" (not those exact words but that was the message :P )

hempman
01-27-2016, 10:50 AM
yeah we stopped bothering asking for our Hrs back,because of those stupid form replies.
they owe us about a 100 of them by now,along wiht the ark batteries and so forth.
their typical BS response is,owell its been too long or
we couldnt verify blah blah blah ( we are lying thru our teeth to get out of making it right ) blah blah...

those form replies are designed to do exactly that,make u mad and make u give up.

so,do Exactly the opposite,kill them with kindness and Dont Stop contacting them till they Make it Right.
get ahold of Live chat if possible,as they at least wont give you the bs reply.

and Yes,
most all of us have sat there and read those replies and said R U Kidding Me??
did they even READ the ticket????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Fallen_Aingeal
01-27-2016, 10:55 AM
I've found to solve a problem the quickest is to utelize the live chat function on the Glyph site.

After 3 months, I finally have my EXL outfit reward. Only took 2 live chat sessions.

It isn't that you're not "cared about", it's simply that the customer service people know very little if anything about the game. The is evidenced from my experiences with them. Eventually though, with the perseverance mentioned above, you should get it settled.

Bentu
01-27-2016, 10:59 AM
I've never really had an issue with support, there was a time they couldn't help with a game code, they put me on to psn and I found I couldn't use the code in my area.

Any chance you could tell us what your problem is and we may have some ideas here.

Cirran
01-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Trying to buy something with a pre paid card. Keep getting unable to complete purchase error. I have always used a pre paid card, I am a stickler when it comes to bank account security, wont use Pay Pal due to previous issues with them. Bottom line either a pre paid card works or I don't buy anything online, period.
Thank you for offering to try and help.

Cirran

doctordabs
01-27-2016, 04:49 PM
From my experience I can give you one tip:

Persevere.

- Send a ticket with all the information they could need
- respond, giving the information again when asked to
- respond without being asked, clarifying your problem if you get the impression they dont quite understand what you want
- respond if you're not satisfied with the solution

The people that answer your tickets may be on a schedule, needing to solve a certain amount of tickets per hour.
They may get a lot of "those" tickets "OMGZORZWTFISNTYOURSTUP1DG4M3WORKING??????" (<- all the info provided in the ticket)
After a while your brain simply shuts down when dealing with users for a while, theres nothing you can do about it.

On a sidenote:
From your post I get the impression you're an actual unicorn. Graz ! Now keep in mind people in support are not used to dealing with those :P

(Unicorn: User that sends a ticket initially with all the neccessary info, has taken sensible steps to reproduce / fix it themselves before calling etc.
Why is a user like that called a unicorn ?
Legend has it they exist, yet few have seen them. )

ahhh the rant of a true technical support vet.
*heads off to the Lart Shelter*