PDA

View Full Version : Update on Arkfall Infiltrator gear color? RED!

Krighton
04-06-2013, 11:50 AM
I realize this is a very small priority, however I'm still curious as to when we'll get our red/black gear as advertised.

The desert storm camo is such a waste of an otherwise great looking set of gear.

Thanks!

WaGzy
04-06-2013, 11:50 AM
They said they are looking into to, so hopefully soon :)!

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 11:54 AM
I want to keep my desert camo...

NalkorRN
04-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I realize this is a very small priority, however I'm still curious as to when we'll get our red/black gear as advertised.

The desert storm camo is such a waste of an otherwise great looking set of gear.

Thanks!
How do you even get the desert camo version?

Babai
04-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Say thanks that you at least get that armor. They just removed "Badlands Drifter" from Digital Deluxe owners so what can stop them to do same trick with ark infiltrator outfit...

WaGzy
04-06-2013, 12:03 PM
How do you even get the desert camo version?

You get it for buying the deluxe/ultimate editions, although it isn't supposed to be desert camo, it's supposed to be red!

Agent T8235
04-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Ouch! right in the expectation!

NalkorRN
04-06-2013, 12:08 PM
You get it for buying the deluxe/ultimate editions, although it isn't supposed to be desert camo, it's supposed to be red!

Is there any way to acquire similarly-colored versions of the outfit in the game itself?

WaGzy
04-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Is there any way to acquire similarly-colored versions of the outfit in the game itself?

There is a black/blue one in the store I believe, although no helmet I don't think, tbh they reskin most outfits with different colors and a different name so a few versions will crop up.

Clarkeh
04-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Im hoping Trion does us a solid and gives us the red one and lets us keep the desert camo version :p

Kane
04-06-2013, 12:10 PM
there is one that is sort of the same if you complete the scrapworks pursuit...

EdgeTW
04-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Say thanks that you at least get that armor. They just removed "Badlands Drifter" from Digital Deluxe owners so what can stop them to do same trick with ark infiltrator outfit...

No they didn't.

http://www.defiance.com/en/buy-now/pc/

See? It's still listed there.

You can't just pull a title out after using it as a lure for a $100 version of the game.

Babai
04-06-2013, 12:23 PM
No they didn't.

http://www.defiance.com/en/buy-now/pc/

See? It's still listed there.

You can't just pull a title out after using it as a lure for a $100 version of the game.
Sadly they can. Unless their support staff really misinformed.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22053-Badlands-Drifter-title-moved-from-DDE-to-CE&p=222742&viewfull=1#post222742

SYN BLACK XS
04-06-2013, 12:32 PM
There is a black/blue one in the store I believe, although no helmet I don't think, tbh they reskin most outfits with different colors and a different name so a few versions will crop up.

Yup, SPD Heavy Armor, runs 880 Bits.....

EdgeTW
04-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Sadly they can. Unless their support staff really misinformed.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22053-Badlands-Drifter-title-moved-from-DDE-to-CE&p=222742&viewfull=1#post222742

No, they can't. Because that would be false advertising. I find it strange that you would even be ok with the possibility of them removing the title after spending $100 for a list of bonuses that were specifically advertised a certain way all the way up to and through launch. I mean, if you just don't care about the title, that's one thing. But what's the difference between them removing the title and, say, the armor. Or the weapon. Or the shield. Or the boosts. Or the inventory space. Or the.. you get the point. You advertise bonus elements in your package and you deliver on those.

If you look around, you'll find user posted conversations with GMs promising that deluxe edition owners not receiving the title is a bug. (I actually haven't seen anyone with the title.) Now, which GM you choose to believe is up to you, but in the end I'm putting more weight on the one that matches the description of the item I paid for. Expecting anything less is silly. You gave them $100 for two words above your character's head. I'm pretty sure they're not ready to go to war over that.

You should be, though. Because that's one expensive string of text. Seriously, if the way to make the collector's edition more appealing (and the CE is just a physical copy of the deluxe that already comes with plenty of physical items), they can just make up a new title. We can make up one for them, if it helps. "Ark Seeker". "Bay Area Adventurer". That was hard. :P

Nelob
04-06-2013, 01:50 PM
No, they can't. Because that would be false advertising. I find it strange that you would even be ok with the possibility of them removing the title after spending $100 for a list of bonuses that were specifically advertised a certain way all the way up to and through launch. I mean, if you just don't care about the title, that's one thing. But what's the difference between them removing the title and, say, the armor. Or the weapon. Or the shield. Or the boosts. Or the inventory space. Or the.. you get the point. You advertise bonus elements in your package and you deliver on those.

If you look around, you'll find user posted conversations with GMs promising that deluxe edition owners not receiving the title is a bug. (I actually haven't seen anyone with the title.) Now, which GM you choose to believe is up to you, but in the end I'm putting more weight on the one that matches the description of the item I paid for. Expecting anything less is silly. You gave them $100 for two words above your character's head. I'm pretty sure they're not ready to go to war over that.

You should be, though. Because that's one expensive string of text. Seriously, if the way to make the collector's edition more appealing (and the CE is just a physical copy of the deluxe that already comes with plenty of physical items), they can just make up a new title. We can make up one for them, if it helps. "Ark Seeker". "Bay Area Adventurer". That was hard. :P

+1........

Babai
04-06-2013, 02:15 PM
No, they can't. Because that would be false advertising. I find it strange that you would even be ok with the possibility of them removing the title after spending $100 for a list of bonuses that were specifically advertised a certain way all the way up to and through launch. I mean, if you just don't care about the title, that's one thing.
No, i am not ok with that. If i don't care i will not even start discussing that on forums.
Sadly i can't get any official answer from anyone except that GM i talked in live chat.
Right now i am trying to escalate that support ticket to higher support tier.

Revolution 1776
04-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I want to keep the digital Camo one as well, THAT IS why I bought deluxe edition after my initial purchase. If they change it to red without letting us keep this one then I want a refund.

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 02:41 PM

^This - I didn't like the idea of having red to begin with. But when I found out it looked all cool and camo like... it became the only outfit I ever wore lol :P

ShadowViper
04-06-2013, 02:47 PM

It's not false advertising, sorry.

When you log into the game you agree to the EULA, which states Trion may change any items or content at any given time with or without giving notice.

Also you do not "own" any of the virtual items that are on your account.

Y'all should probably read the EULA if you wanna get into a discussion about false advertising and what not. You pay to own a license to go into the game world (by purchasing the game), but you really don't own anything.

http://trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

Babai
04-06-2013, 02:54 PM
It's not false advertising, sorry.

When you log into the game you agree to the EULA, which states Trion may change any tiems or content at any given time with or without giving notice.

Also you do not "own" any of the virtual items that are on your account.

Y'all should probably read the EULA if you wanna get into a discussion about false advertising and what not. You pay to own a license to go into the game world (buy purchasing the game), but you really don't own anything.

http://trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

That is interesting moment. Usually yes, but in that case items was advertised as a part of bundle and you not signed EULA yet when you purchased it.
It looks like you purchased standard options car from a car dealer and when you paid for it and come to get it car dealer said you - "Hey, our suppliers decide that these leather covers should belong to better options variant so i will remove them. Have a nice day"
Maybe there are some fellow players that also lawyers here? Can someone comment that situation from legal view?

D351
04-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I was curious about this. I'm not a big fan of the camo, but I don't care that much for red either... I want purple! That said, I think it'd be pretty nifty if we got to keep the camo and have red. I'm not all that attatched to either though. Still looking for purple stuff.

Freyar
04-06-2013, 03:13 PM

Kind of have to disagree. I like it.

Krighton
04-06-2013, 03:27 PM

Money talks and ******** walks. I said "Thanks" when I handed over $150.00 to support this game and Trion's efforts.

Krighton
04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
That is interesting moment. Usually yes, but in that case items was advertised as a part of bundle and you not signed EULA yet when you purchased it.
It looks like you purchased standard options car from a car dealer and when you paid for it and come to get it car dealer said you - "Hey, our suppliers decide that these leather covers should belong to better options variant so i will remove them. Have a nice day"
Maybe there are some fellow players that also lawyers here? Can someone comment that situation from legal view?

It would never get that far. But in all honesty you're correct. What tipped me over the edge for the expensive version was the Red/Black Ark Infiltrator outfit. I didn't sign anything, agree to anything. I think most of us just want what was shown, that's all.

If they don't give it us, meh, not the end of the world. It's just the negative respect Trion gets for not doing what they say. I'll think twice about getting anything else. I'll never preorder again until I'm guaranteed in writing I get what is shown. That's how I 'll handle it in the future.

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Semi-off topic, but the Badlands Drifter has not been removed from DDE: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22053-Badlands-Drifter-title-moved-from-DDE-to-CE&p=231661&viewfull=1#post231661

Psyqhical
04-06-2013, 03:49 PM

Then complete the Co-Op maps, one of them give ECM heavy armor that looks almost identical.

Babai
04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Semi-off topic, but the Badlands Drifter has not been removed from DDE: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22053-Badlands-Drifter-title-moved-from-DDE-to-CE&p=231661&viewfull=1#post231661
Yea. After live chat where i showed that link i was granted that title. Looks like first case was just some mistake. Glad that all was sorted out.

NalkorRN
04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Then complete the Co-Op maps, one of them give ECM heavy armor that looks almost identical.

Really? That's awesome man, thanks for letting me know.

Fennador
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I would not mind getting a red version of the outfit but I really like the Brown one better!

Valethar
04-06-2013, 04:07 PM
I want to keep the digital Camo one as well, THAT IS why I bought deluxe edition after my initial purchase. If they change it to red without letting us keep this one then I want a refund.

The red one was the one in all of the advertising (at least with the CE/UE, I don't know about the DD), and everyone ended up with the digital one instead.

They've addressed this via the live streams, and on the forums. Lance (Myll_Erik) spoke about it as recently as yesterday. The red one is the one everyone was supposed to get but somehow the coding for the reward got borked, and we didn't get the red one that was intended.

Lance didn't go into the how and why, but basically said that there is someone working on correcting that, and that the people that were supposed to get the red one will get that one as soon as they fix the issue. We don't know if we'll just get another outfit that's red, or if they'll do a patch that swaps them out.

I suppose we'll find out Soon™. :D

EdgeTW
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
No, i am not ok with that. If i don't care i will not even start discussing that on forums.
Sadly i can't get any official answer from anyone except that GM i talked in live chat.
Right now i am trying to escalate that support ticket to higher support tier.

Here we go. Sledgehammer gave an update on this today:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?23542-Sledgehammer70-Badlands-Drifter-title-moved-from-DDE-to-CE

You might want to even include that link for proof of which way this is supposed to be going if the GM you're speaking with seems to be confused.

Yun
04-06-2013, 05:28 PM
While there are those that like the current Ark Infiltrator version better there are quite a few of us who pre-ordered the collector's versions exclusively for the red/black ark infiltrator armor. So while giving the correct version out may seem a slight to you it was the one advertised and even confirmed by sledge in a livecast that the red/black is the correct version that should have been given out.

Joshua Davids
04-10-2013, 08:35 AM
The Scrapworks Salvage pursuit armor for completing it is IDENTICAL to the Ark Infiltrator in desert camo, the helmet however is not. If you are that attached to the desert camo, just go complete the pursuit.

Labarynth
04-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Its not identical i'm sorry get some glasses or adjust your resolution higher than 800x600

fang1192
04-10-2013, 09:22 AM
The Scrapworks Salvage pursuit armor for completing it is IDENTICAL to the Ark Infiltrator in desert camo, the helmet however is not. If you are that attached to the desert camo, just go complete the pursuit.

Are your eyes working correctly?

Kane
04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
It is not "IDENTICAL" is actually SLIGHTLY...DIFFERENT :))

caps fest...sorry i couldn't help myself :)