PDA

View Full Version : Duskfire

r1p
02-02-2016, 12:12 PM
So the patch went up today and apparently the Duskfire is still not being replaced. Today marks 6 weeks since the most ridiculed T4 jackpot ever was made available. The PTS forums provided a glimpse of what I believe is the next T4 JP weapon over a week ago, so what is the hold up?

ArthriticNed
02-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Was wondering the same. The next one looks OK but I'd rather it be grenadier or one of the past special paired syns, firewall/wetwork/WoC,

tarmim
02-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Why did they even create a jackpot like this in the first place?

Ray8888
02-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Thought we were getting that electric Ranger that's on PTS.
Anythings better than the Doubtfire.

Claydough
02-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Jackpots are hard

BoTheFallen
02-02-2016, 01:21 PM
I was only buying T3 boxes to avoid getting the duskfire. Then, I happened to buy two t4s hoping to get an oj shield on my 3rd toon and recieved the dusk instead. I tried it out and I like it a lot! It's a beast in infected sieges, crit kills up the wazzoo.

hempman
02-02-2016, 01:29 PM
just an observation from the 360na side,
but did anyone else think the duskfire was The Most pulled Jp ever?

r1p
02-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Omec Shield.

Cobra Crusher
02-02-2016, 01:48 PM

I pulled 2 dawns lights in a row so no lol.

J3R3MIAHS
02-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Yeah they said on live stream it is going to be a assassin ranger with electric nano. It had blue damage and oj crit. Ghostmaker I think the name was.

But can't get on the game keeps giving me xbox error message.

Logain
02-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Yeah they said on live stream it is going to be a assassin ranger with electric nano. It had blue damage and oj crit. Ghostmaker I think the name was.

But can't get on the game keeps giving me xbox error message.

Do you happen to know what time they said this on Livestream?

r1p
02-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Do you happen to know what time they said this on Livestream?

I didn't watch the Livestream but here's this:

Ghostmaker (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?232021-Colony-Courtship-16-Weapons-Synergy-and-Jackpots-Preview&p=1872471&viewfull=1#post1872471)

Logain
02-03-2016, 02:58 AM

Ghostmaker (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?232021-Colony-Courtship-16-Weapons-Synergy-and-Jackpots-Preview&p=1872471&viewfull=1#post1872471)

Ghostmaker? Cool name. Thanks for the link. Thoughts on the gun? Would it be better with Grenadier synergy or is Assassin good?

Claydough
02-03-2016, 03:39 AM
Ghostmaker? Cool name. Thanks for the link. Thoughts on the gun? Would it be better with Grenadier synergy or is Assassin good?

i dont know how much crit is needed for a ranger to one shot everyone, but im guessing that the extra 6% crit is not needed as much as the recoil reduction of grenadiar

but ive come to expect as much from the dev team.

i wonder if the jp is tested on the pts for constructive feedback?
infact, why is it even being tested on pts anyway? the team rolled out a patch on the expo timers without even testing it internally letalone on pts just to check the basic operation of it.
but they can load something as simple as a weapon straight onto the live servers with a hotfix?

and apart from all that, the tester havn't even been given enough bits to optain the weapon even if they wanted too.
the pts codes should be 500k bits to aid in proper testing if they're gonna bother at all

Logain
02-03-2016, 05:08 AM
i dont know how much crit is needed for a ranger to one shot everyone, but im guessing that the extra 6% crit is not needed as much as the recoil reduction of grenadiar

but ive come to expect as much from the dev team.

i wonder if the jp is tested on the pts for constructive feedback?
infact, why is it even being tested on pts anyway? the team rolled out a patch on the expo timers without even testing it internally letalone on pts just to check the basic operation of it.
but they can load something as simple as a weapon straight onto the live servers with a hotfix?

and apart from all that, the tester havn't even been given enough bits to optain the weapon even if they wanted too.
the pts codes should be 500k bits to aid in proper testing if they're gonna bother at all

Is this just a PVP gun? Or is there a PVE application?

And don't worry, they buffed the last 2 JPs (Duskfire with huge Disruptor buff, and Dawn's Light by giving it the ability to roll mag and fire rate). So maybe they'll buff this gun and give it the purple recoil roll from the Turtle Dove.

OokamiXIII
02-03-2016, 06:16 AM
It'd be really nice if a dev could chime in here. Cause it looks like I'm not the only one who thought that the Duskfire was being replaced yesterday.

Tauriiel
02-03-2016, 06:36 AM

I pulled two Duskfire's without even really trying, whereas when Dawn was in the crate, I actually hit up every arkfall, siege, etc; to get enough keys for multiple boxes a day - - even purchased keys with scrip - - and hadn't even scored a single Dawn's. I'm not usually one to look a gift horse in the face, but... Two Dusk's? C'mon. At least I can give them away and maybe someone out there will be happy with it.

r1p
02-03-2016, 06:37 AM
It's been the JP for 6 weeks now. If they leave it in until patch Tuesday then it will be 7. After they let the Omec shield run 8 weeks I thought that they said that they wouldn't let that happen again.

Ray8888
02-03-2016, 07:50 AM

I could see maybe (maybe) wanting more crit in PvP but definitely not PvE. Clay hit the nail on the head.

Logain
02-03-2016, 08:03 AM

I could see maybe (maybe) wanting more crit in PvP but definitely not PvE. Clay hit the nail on the head.

I understand that and would probably prefer Grenadier myself. What I meant was the gun in it's entirety. I.E. Nano choice, gun rolls, synergy). Like how Supernova/Gamma Bolter were mostly PVP guns.

I think this might be a good PVP gun (though I do not do PVP and I am not familiar with the new PVP) and I think there is an opportunity for this to be a PVE gun in certain circumstances.

But I wanted to get other people's thoughts on it.

Claydough
02-03-2016, 03:48 PM
I understand that and would probably prefer Grenadier myself. What I meant was the gun in it's entirety. I.E. Nano choice, gun rolls, synergy). Like how Supernova/Gamma Bolter were mostly PVP guns.

I think this might be a good PVP gun (though I do not do PVP and I am not familiar with the new PVP) and I think there is an opportunity for this to be a PVE gun in certain circumstances.

But I wanted to get other people's thoughts on it.

Nothing saying it cant be used for both.

But i think its intensions are for a pvp rifle being elect has been crowned pvp king in new pvp.

As far as a pve rifle would go, im not too sure where this would be used. The only place i can think is a heaven sent expo, but there are many many better options to use over this.

Dixie Cougar
02-04-2016, 02:53 AM
Nothing saying it cant be used for both.

But i think its intensions are for a pvp rifle being elect has been crowned pvp king in new pvp.

As far as a pve rifle would go, im not too sure where this would be used. The only place i can think is a heaven sent expo, but there are many many better options to use over this.

Duskfire in Heaven Sent?

You'd get rekt, and you'd deserve to get rekt for daring to use Duskfire in Heaven Sent.

You would REGRET COMING HERE!

Claydough
02-04-2016, 02:58 AM
Duskfire in Heaven Sent?

You'd get rekt, and you'd deserve to get rekt for daring to use Duskfire in Heaven Sent.

You would REGRET COMING HERE!

read up afew posts

Dixie Cougar
02-04-2016, 03:06 AM
read up afew posts

That sounds like work.

My bad for not realizing the topic had gone on to something else :P

Claydough
02-04-2016, 04:53 AM
That sounds like work.

My bad for not realizing the topic had gone on to something else :P

i expected better of you.

go sit in the corner and think about what you've done

Logain
02-04-2016, 05:33 AM
Duskfire? pfft... Every single VOT Disruptor pulled from the Resolution box is as good or better. Just like Emancipator, they released it and effectively nerfed it two weeks later.

hempman
02-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Duskfire? pfft... Every single VOT Disruptor pulled from the Resolution box is as good or better. Just like Emancipator, they released it and effectively nerfed it two weeks later.

see,i have a problem with this as well.
ive noticed that most jackpots are Far below their Purple counterparts when it comes to dmg stats..
Why?
what then makes it a jackpot?

Logain
02-04-2016, 07:13 AM
see,i have a problem with this as well.

The Resolution Syn was OP and essentially made every Disruptor a JP variant when modded out bc of +10% DMG and +10% FR.

Specks25
02-04-2016, 03:57 PM

This weapon is on PS3/NA, seen it 3 times w 3 different people, it's pv-44 ghost maker, guess it's being pulled w/o being in the pre game patch notes

Ray8888
02-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Yeah someone in my clan pulled one too so Doubtfire is gone on Xbox as well.

Skiller115
02-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Yey the dustfire is gone, but my Electric Sovereign Ranger is better than the ghostmaker sadly.:(