PDA

View Full Version : Bug Basin Sucks

Lithova
02-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Can you please decrease the amount of time it takes for all the bugs to spawn? I hate sitting here waiting for these things to respawn. The bugs move like geriatrics and 98% of the time is spent waiting for the stupid things to spawn. Seriously who tested this and said "hey guys this is good now"

Look I get the need to nerf in-game farming to some extent. You should've just made the Bug Basin mission active only when people have the mission assigned to their dailys and then deactivated once completed. No more activating the two husks once you've completed the mission.

Please fix the spawn rate of the bugs, I don't want to sit around waiting for these damn things to spawn. seriously I sat there for 3 minutes waiting for the things to spawn after killing the first two little skitterlings and then had to wait some more for the geriatrics bugs to move towards me...and only in waves...this stupid mission wasn't even an issue before but way to go guys now it is.

Claydough
02-02-2016, 10:26 PM
should have just increased amount of bugs spawning

if they want a 10 minute site, spawn 10 mins worth of bug for us to kill then.

they have ruined so many sites that were actually fun to play.
big stone ranch used to be chaos
sutro used to be so fun with dark matter always keeping the pressure on you
and of course bug basin spamming with copious amount of bugs at once

seems theres no hesitation to pull the trigger of the farm nerfing gun at all, costing some of the fun gameplay in the process.

Skiller115
02-02-2016, 10:32 PM
I hope they don't hit Co-op with the nerf bat!

Bentu
02-02-2016, 11:03 PM
I hope they don't hit Co-op with the nerf bat!

Its on the cards believe me, any method that you can get a decent amount of currency will be nerfed.

Claydough
02-02-2016, 11:44 PM
nerfed coop will be the death of the game

thats a simple fact

Bentu
02-03-2016, 12:13 AM
When you actually think about it how many people re run these farming methods repeatedly.
I personally don't think there's many as most of whom I know are ingame at arkfalls and expos etc.

Ea Rapture
02-03-2016, 12:25 AM
I remember farming.... Forgot what a real mmo was like for a moment there.

Bentu
02-03-2016, 01:14 AM
Well if the rewards for playing the game were reasonable maybe people would play it rather than farm it.

xXxDSMer
02-03-2016, 01:26 AM
uh yeah... what the **** is up with bug basin?
It was already fixed as a farm spot when they disabled the (sort of) switches that spawn bugs, to where when a switch is hit it's no longer hittable during the same run of bug basin.

Now the ****'s literally just standing around waiting for a few more bugs to spawn and it takes several minutes if not ten minutes to complete? ****ing can't be another anti-farm measure because that was already fixed.

Which is something that shouldn't have been fixed in the first place, anywhere. It's an mmo, with guns, and many enjoy spending their time farming in mmos.... whether they're using guns to kill the mobs, or spells.

Claydough
02-03-2016, 01:43 AM
When you actually think about it how many people re run these farming methods repeatedly.
I personally don't think there's many as most of whom I know are ingame at arkfalls and expos etc.

these sorts of farming methods are very old school.

you will find people farming these if there is a good jackpot avalible, but that is very very rare these days.

i would use these sorts of places sometimes for farming weapon skill or pursuits, stuff like that just to make things less draggy.

Bentu
02-03-2016, 01:55 AM
these sorts of farming methods are very old school.

you will find people farming these if there is a good jackpot avalible, but that is very very rare these days.

i would use these sorts of places sometimes for farming weapon skill or pursuits, stuff like that just to make things less draggy.

I happen to have a pp running which came with the ultimate edition I bought for the ps3 and when I did the sutro tower daily yesterday I thought I was bound to get a few white drops for my white weapons only toon.
Guess what, not a single weapons drop, now there's got to be something up with that considering I've got an active pp.

doctordabs
02-03-2016, 04:34 AM
should have just increased amount of bugs spawning

if they want a 10 minute site, spawn 10 mins worth of bug for us to kill then.

they have ruined so many sites that were actually fun to play.
big stone ranch used to be chaos
sutro used to be so fun with dark matter always keeping the pressure on you
and of course bug basin spamming with copious amount of bugs at once

seems theres no hesitation to pull the trigger of the farm nerfing gun at all, costing some of the fun gameplay in the process.

nope about the only one thats still fun to farm is alamo park with blur+extension perks to keep blur going at threat 6 but that's not lucrative enough to matter.. just funzies

Dixie Cougar
02-03-2016, 04:49 AM
Must farm more keycodes to get more duskfires... wait...

Lithova
02-03-2016, 06:56 AM
I'm not even interested in farming I just wanna complete my daily's as quickly as possible rather than sitting around waiting. I'm not going to simply tag one thing and run to the next mission. I don't play like that. This mission wouldn't even be an issue for me but since its one of those missions that you can possibly end up getting all week, its downright annoying having to sit and wait for the next freaking target to spawn. The pathetic amount of rewards in return for the long wait time for a few bugs ...seriously. If the intention of the devs was to turn players away from doing these missions or even playing this game they're on the right path.

r1p
02-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Was I blind and just not seeing the hundreds of players camped at Bug Basin farming every day? Was this costing Trion so much money that it warranted more attention then the 100+ bugs that have been reported and have been irritating us for so long?

Skiller115
02-03-2016, 11:06 AM
They should let us farm there's nothing else to do in this game we already have an AF cap!

hempman
02-04-2016, 06:13 AM
Was I blind and just not seeing the hundreds of players camped at Bug Basin farming every day? Was this costing Trion so much money that it warranted more attention then the 100+ bugs that have been reported and have been irritating us for so long?

apparently i missed the hundreds also.
what i did run into,
is a coupla players who are convinced bug basin is broken because it takes so long for bugs to spawn.:mad:
speaking of bugs,how the Fudge did this suddenly become a priority??

Mayday
02-04-2016, 07:21 AM
In the latest livestream, which I didn't see - I'm going by the Q&A that was posted shortly after - Trion said they changed Bug Basin and Hostile Takeover because they thought rewards were too high. As mentioned by other players in previous posts, farming Bug Basin was nerfed long ago so it makes absolutely no sense why they would change Bug Basin again. Sometimes I really do belive Trion is trying to slowly kill this game by driving away as many of us as possible.

xXxDSMer
02-04-2016, 09:22 AM
driving away as many of us as possible.

Sure is going to have that effect if they're so damned worried about farming that they make all the contract sites to where we're literally standing there for minutes waiting for the damn mobs to spawn.

They really need to go undo alot of the things they've done at those sites. Already took a ridiculous amount of time to get through contracts on 1-4 characters before they changed the sites, and now everytime they do change a site it just takes longer and longer, and for less frign rewards.

tAsHiNkA
02-04-2016, 09:57 AM
I happen to have a pp running which came with the ultimate edition I bought for the ps3 and when I did the sutro tower daily yesterday I thought I was bound to get a few white drops for my white weapons only toon.
Guess what, not a single weapons drop, now there's got to be something up with that considering I've got an active pp.I've been getting white weapon drops at sieges & incursions

Bentu
02-04-2016, 01:30 PM
I've been getting white weapon drops at sieges & incursions

Yes same here and as my ego is increasing I'm getting one's with nanos now.

Re the pp I was talking about I was mistaken in thinking it gave you a boost to loot drops.
Unfortunately it doesn't.

On topic I found If you go into the basin and activate both switches and stand between them its quicker than activating one and waiting for them to spawn.

clay marrow
02-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Well if the rewards for playing the game were reasonable maybe people would play it rather than farm it.

how is this not on a sighn at the front door of trion.???
thank you sir thank you!!!

David Irwin
02-04-2016, 02:55 PM
it wasn't long ago bug basin was already made lame.... now even lamer... WHY? it was already worth like only 10 k points... forgettable... my only only thing that seems logical to me was that its an accident somehow.... next they'll nerf murder island... geepers.. why why

Bentu
02-04-2016, 03:06 PM
how is this not on a sighn at the front door of trion.???
thank you sir thank you!!!

I'd make it a meme for the meme thread but I don't know how.

Claydough
02-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Ive just stopped doing bug basin altogether.

I mean, what am i spending top notch rep on anyway?

Tn boomers that are totally outclassed by apex and dawns?
No thanks

Bentu
02-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Ive just stopped doing bug basin altogether.

I mean, what am i spending top notch rep on anyway?

Tn boomers that are totally outclassed by apex and dawns?
No thanks

I haven't got any of them and the tn bb is the only one I'll have a chance to get.