PDA

View Full Version : How to report players who spawn cars at major arkfalls

doctordabs
02-11-2016, 06:33 AM
Hey Everyone! Did you know you can report a player for spawning cars at an arkfall? Go to support.trionworlds.com and click "submit a request" (you have to be signed in to your glyph account). Then click Code Of Conduct Violations. Fill out the form and then select "report a player" and the click "NPC or Path Blocking". include a screenshot if you have one. :) Hopefully we can stop the trolls one ban at a time!

Please report all players who are caught doing this. Include a screenshot showing their IGN over the vehicle so that the proof is irrefutable.

If you can't see player names, simply look away from the action for a min until purple dots start showing up on your radar again, then look and you can usually see who's in the car. Sometimes you'll just get lucky and spot them getting in it because they spawned it too far away from the matron. other times you'll just see that one player.. it's situational so take the opportunity to report the offender when it happens.. sometimes you can't see their names .. bummer.. i dunno what to say about that

The Lady
02-11-2016, 07:18 AM
How do you know which player is spawning the car? At most majors all I see are the cars, no people. Its like all the hellbugs just spontaneously explode all around me. I don't see other players until the end.

doctordabs
02-11-2016, 07:24 AM
How do you know which player is spawning the car? At most majors all I see are the cars, no people. Its like all the hellbugs just spontaneously explode all around me. I don't see other players until the end.

If you're on psn i found that doing a thorough mntc of my console helped.. deleted everything i didn't need, got rid of old save files, ran integrity check, all that.. i spent about 3 hours just tidying up the data in my ps3 then reconfigured the network settings and it helped tremendously

Bentu
02-11-2016, 02:48 PM
If you're on psn i found that doing a thorough mntc of my console helped.. deleted everything i didn't need, got rid of old save files, ran integrity check, all that.. i spent about 3 hours just tidying up the data in my ps3 then reconfigured the network settings and it helped tremendously

I don't know how to check any of that on the ps3 and can rarely see anyone at the mjr cc.

PithHelmetIrath
02-11-2016, 03:04 PM
I don't know how to check any of that on the ps3

Don't worry yourself, it's an urban myth.

Gaige12
02-11-2016, 03:10 PM
I don't know how to check any of that on the ps3 and can rarely see anyone at the mjr cc.

Honestly, I kind of like having it that way. A busy finale on pc/na might have 75 or so peeps running around. I dont want to look at all that chaos while I'm picking targets or shooting at the Matron, etc. It would be so much worse having everyone rendering on grid than the way it is now.

tAsHiNkA
02-11-2016, 03:16 PM
how are you seeing the players names?? I think if you could see anyone let alone their names, I doubt so many people would be spawning their cars - yeah I don't like it either, but what can you do about it?? & when people keep posting things that bother them, do you think: A)people will do it more or B)people will listen & do it less

Fallen_Aingeal
02-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Has this issue caused an arkfall to fail?

None that I have participated in have failed. Seen lots of cars too. Still killed the slug.

Reckon, it's a non-issue...

Many other things with this game that the devs should be concerning themselves with than this...

#justsayin'

Zarkhes
02-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Well, i realy thought that what killing CC Major arkfall is lag, boring boss (Hellion would be 10x better), grind, or even taggers (alts who just damage boss, and then sits there).But no, i was wrong. Apparently the biggest problem we have is random guy who forget to park his car outside of Arkfall radius.

Silly me

Fallen_Aingeal
02-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Just did 4 CC majors.

We beat all of them, regardless of the cars.

So, I ask in all seriousness, is this really something we need to bother the team with? Seriously? With all the other issues this game has, you're worried about car spawning???

Atticus Batman
02-11-2016, 04:35 PM
The cars are annoying. However it is not against any rules. So reporting them will do nothing except waste the time of Customer support, when they should be focused on real issues.

Ronin9572
02-11-2016, 04:49 PM
how are you seeing the players names?? I think if you could see anyone let alone their names, I doubt so many people would be spawning their cars - yeah I don't like it either, but what can you do about it?? & when people keep posting things that bother them, do you think: A)people will do it more or B)people will listen & do it less

I'd have to say it would be A. Alot of trolls in the game

Zarkhes
02-11-2016, 05:30 PM
I have a question that is surely not related to this topic.

Can you repeat mission that would let you spawn This beauty :
http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/images/thumb/7/76/T4_Titan.png/250px-T4_Titan.png

I would realy love to ride that beautifull vehicle again :)

Distraction
02-11-2016, 05:56 PM

http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/images/thumb/7/76/T4_Titan.png/250px-T4_Titan.png

No...just, no. That's more annoying than anything else.

Kuroro
02-11-2016, 06:00 PM

shut up and take my money

Gaige12
02-11-2016, 06:26 PM

Yep. 'All roads lead to Bloodbath' is the mission. Replay the mission line from erep camp. After you get it, don't go to the next step in the mission and you can ride the diaper truck any time you like. Selecting 'abandon mission' on your map will put you back in your cars. When u want the Titan again, just go back to Bloodbath and accept the mission again.

Yeah and dont spawn it at any events. (Unless you have some scuba gear you want to test out.) :D

Hunter0
02-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Hey Everyone! Did you know you can report a player for spawning cars at an arkfall? Go to support.trionworlds.com and click "submit a request" (you have to be signed in to your glyph account). Then click Code Of Conduct Violations. Fill out the form and then select "report a player" and the click "NPC or Path Blocking". include a screenshot if you have one. :) Hopefully we can stop the trolls one ban at a time!

Please report all players who are caught doing this. Include a screenshot showing their IGN over the vehicle so that the proof is irrefutable.

If you can't see player names, simply look away from the action for a min until purple dots start showing up on your radar again, then look and you can usually see who's in the car. Sometimes you'll just get lucky and spot them getting in it because they spawned it too far away from the matron. other times you'll just see that one player.. it's situational so take the opportunity to report the offender when it happens.. sometimes you can't see their names .. bummer.. i dunno what to say about that

I only see hellbugs, Matron and cars.

doctordabs
02-12-2016, 02:41 AM
The cars are annoying. However it is not against any rules. So reporting them will do nothing except waste the time of Customer support, when they should be focused on real issues.

Actually that's where you're wrong. It's called NPC\Path blocking and *IS* against the rules\code of conduct.
http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/ 11 sC§4

Kuroro
02-12-2016, 02:47 AM
what path can they block if there is 50 meters to go around of matron?unless your right analog does not work then you could not move the camera

Shadonet
02-12-2016, 09:55 AM
doing anything in my case wouldn't do any good . I don't see anything (people or cars) until the event is over, once the final score screen shows that's when everything starts to show themselves on my screen ...

clay marrow
02-12-2016, 12:21 PM
I heard spawning cars at the matron causes cancer...

Ea Rapture
02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Such is life. Lol.

Let them spawn their cars, I doubt they're getting better rewards than the guy next to them.

Kuroro
02-12-2016, 02:18 PM
I heard spawning cars on matron increases the jackpot drop rate :rolleyes:

shADOWZz CoBrA
02-12-2016, 02:31 PM
what does spawning a car actually do though? ive never really got an answer to why it is so annoying to other players

A_D3MON
02-12-2016, 02:49 PM
what does spawning a car actually do though? ive never really got an answer to why it is so annoying to other players

one it inherently does nothing for the player spawning it... at all...
two it increases how much data is being sent to the server causing lag for everyone including the one who spawned it which is not needed
three it blocks visuals for everyone
and finally four when any vehicle gets spawned it blocks the main target that everyone is shooting at...

the four main reasons why the majority of players can't stand them being spawned at event arkfalls where theres upwards of a hundred people if not two hundred

Distraction
02-12-2016, 04:04 PM

Don't know what it does for the others, but it lags me up so bad that I cant shoot, or switch guns...therefore jacking my score around.

xXxDSMer
02-12-2016, 06:30 PM

It's just some trolls, and a ****load of sheeple following them thinking that the trolls are doing it for loot or score, when it really doesn't give either of those things.

---

Sould actually be quite a simple fix: just disable vehicle spawning while in the darker red circles of a major arkfall. If a player is at a crystal, or a boss fight - no vehicle spawning period.

Personally I'd go as far as 120 sec after walking out of the boss's circle - still no vehicle spawning. Just so people couldn't step right outside, spawn vehicle, and drive it back in. Plus no score gained for anything done while the character is standing outside the darker red circles.

Then when the boss dies, or the arkfall fails, all vehicle spawning restrictions lifted.

thumb
02-13-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm starting to think maybe they spawn the cars as a breeding ground for their infectors (the ones that only spawn on a kill) , I can think of no other practical use for them, you can shoot around them or toss a shrill grenade at them (this may or may not be effective but it makes me feel better) ultimately though they are a nuisance

doctordabs
02-14-2016, 04:07 AM
I'm starting to think maybe they spawn the cars as a breeding ground for their infectors (the ones that only spawn on a kill) , I can think of no other practical use for them, you can shoot around them or toss a shrill grenade at them (this may or may not be effective but it makes me feel better) ultimately though they are a nuisance

*does a little spell to revive this one since the problem seems to've returned... i suggest you copy and paste the instructions and then paste them into chat for everyone (including the offender) to see during the events.. it helps.

thumb
02-15-2016, 12:27 PM
*does a little spell to revive this one since the problem seems to've returned... i suggest you copy and paste the instructions and then paste them into chat for everyone (including the offender) to see during the events.. it helps.

At least with lag I'm not being molested by BMGs