PDA

View Full Version : What is the value of scrip across all 3 systems?

Bentu
02-13-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm a little curious as to the answer to this as I see multiple thread on the ps3/xbox need want forums selling the same gear but in some cases with hugely varying prices.

There are multiple answers to this and I don't want any drama here but is it because scrip has less value on one of the systems or because the items on the other system are inflated.

Is scrip valued 1 for 1?

Johnny Gatt
02-13-2016, 04:34 PM
I'm a little curious as to the answer to this as I see multiple thread on the ps3/xbox need want forums selling the same gear but in some cases with hugely varying prices.

There are multiple answers to this and I don't want any drama here but is it because scrip has less value on one of the systems or because the items on the other system are inflated.

Is scrip valued 1 for 1?

The market is skewed on all systems. I play on both consoles. The Xbox seems to always be more inflated in prices over ps3 for same items. I do not know why.

Zarkhes
02-13-2016, 04:38 PM
On PC nobody trust scrip.If i sell my JP for scrip, i am not guaranteed to buy JP i want for scrip.

Bentu
02-13-2016, 04:39 PM
The market is skewed on all systems. I play on both consoles. The Xbox seems to always be more inflated in prices over ps3 for same items. I do not know why.

Me too, I've just sent you a pm that I think will make clear why I'm asking lol.

Ea Rapture
02-13-2016, 04:50 PM
I see it as a 1 to 1 value. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Skiller115
02-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Scrip is on the verge of becoming a useless Currency and the reason is that there is no rewarding scrip sink so more and more scrip is entering the game but it's going nowhere, just like a country that insists on printing more money to further devalue its worth! The only time script leaves the game in measurable chunks is when the "Defiant Few" choose to burn it in hopes to get a lockbox jackpot! On top of that during events we get about 80% blues at majors so that's a minimum of 2,520 scrip per major so multiply that by the amount of people there and you can see how much script is being flooded into the game!

Bentu
02-13-2016, 05:03 PM
Scrip is on the verge of becoming a useless Currency and the reason is that there is no rewarding scrip sink so more and more scrip is entering the game but it's going nowhere, just like a country that insists on printing more money to further devalue its worth! The only time script leaves the game in measurable chunks is when the "Defiant Few" choose to burn it in hopes to get a lockbox jackpot! On top of that during events we get about 80% blues at majors so that's a minimum of 2,520 scrip per major so multiply that by the amount of people there and you can see how much script is being flooded into the game!

I see what you're saying but my mind I'm thinking about the cost of the every day weapon transactions and not so much the jps as jps are being traded more so now rather than being bought or sold for scrip.
Re the sale of all the drops to vendors, the majority of people we see in game at the events are just event groupies who will only turn up for them now and again so the amount of scrip they have is locked away until they play again.

Skiller115
02-13-2016, 05:14 PM
I see what you're saying but my mind I'm thinking about the cost of the every day weapon transactions and not so much the jps as jps are being traded more so now rather than being bought or sold for scrip.
Re the sale of all the drops to vendors, the majority of people we see in game at the events are just event groupies who will only turn up for them now and again so the amount of scrip they have is locked away until they play again. please I've seen T4 FoP powerbores go for over 500k and OJ FoP BRs goes for 1-5 mil! And on PC someone bought a T5 Powerbore for 25mil scrip!

Johnny Gatt
02-13-2016, 05:17 PM
I have stopped buying and selling entirely. I trade only now. As for mods , I use what I need , friends and clan get what they need, and rest including t4 mods get vendored to make room for next event. Since I no longer buy, I no longer need scrip , so all the gougers can look elsewhere for their outrageous prices.

Bentu
02-13-2016, 05:45 PM
please I've seen T4 FoP powerbores go for over 500k and OJ FoP BRs goes for 1-5 mil! And on PC someone bought a T5 Powerbore for 25mil scrip!

People will pay what they have to to get what they want and if they don't the price will come down.
I've paid 600k for a purge power bore in the past as I wanted it for my 3x dmg bhf ar.
Sat t4s mods can go for a mill and t5s for more.
That doesn't mean scrip is valueless just people will pay for what they want.
I'll agree 25m for a t5 is way out there but if the guy has the scrip and is happy with the sale who are we to comment. It's his business and I hope he enjoys the use he gets from the mod.

Skiller115
02-13-2016, 06:06 PM
People will pay what they have to to get what they want and if they don't the price will come down.
I've paid 600k for a purge power bore in the past as I wanted it for my 3x dmg bhf ar.
Sat t4s mods can go for a mill and t5s for more.
That doesn't mean scrip is valueless just people will pay for what they want.
I'll agree 25m for a t5 is way out there but if the guy has the scrip and is happy with the sale who are we to comment. It's his business and I hope he enjoys the use he gets from the mod.
Yes but you're comparing discontinued synergy mods to a current synergy that you can get for free! 500k for a T4 Powerbore is Ridiculous compared to the 100k that was paid just 2 months ago for EP mods! Even the most ive seen a HP T4 go for was 250k!

Bentu
02-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Yes but you're comparing discontinued synergy mods to a current synergy that you can get for free! 500k for a T4 Powerbore is Ridiculous compared to the 100k that was paid just 2 months ago for EP mods! Even the most ive seen a HP T4 go for was 250k!

True and I agree but it's down to what people are prepared to pay for them, not so much the supply.
There's a guy on the ps3 buying 5 sets of t4 ar fops for 500k per mod.
I could earn a mill straight off the bat if I sold him mine now but in a weeks time they may only go for 200k each.
A lot depends on the drop rate in the game also but that belongs in another thread.

Hunter0
02-14-2016, 12:10 AM
Literally ! The economy is F***ed up on PS3 EU. Like, in what ppl r thinking !!!! FP t4 recoil for AR getting sold for 1 million, FP inf JP for a piper+10 mil, FP inf JP for 25 mil and the UD, everyone knows what ppl r offering for it... LOL

Stop S***wing the economy !

Ronin9572
02-14-2016, 06:37 AM
I understand ppl will pay whatever they want for an item. But this whole philosophy has ruined the economy of the game. I understand old synergies mods are getting hard to come by but 3 mil for a T4 SS PB is ridiculous. Just a few months they were 250-500k. Than these new syn mods selling for as much as old syn mods isn't helping either. Already seeing T4 FOP mods go for 500k-1mil+,seriously? The economy tanked after EXL vendor mishap,EXL gear,and loot drop glitch. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the EXL charity. But who comes up with these nutty prices. Just like with all the new JP's,most are not worth half of what their "valued at". Yes many ppl have all this script to throw at stuff. But this will only force the regular or new players away. Or force them to find ways to cheat Trion or other players. Sorry for the rant,smh

Skiller115
02-14-2016, 03:51 PM
I understand ppl will pay whatever they want for an item. But this whole philosophy has ruined the economy of the game. I understand old synergies mods are getting hard to come by but 3 mil for a T4 SS PB is ridiculous. Just a few months they were 250-500k. Than these new syn mods selling for as much as old syn mods isn't helping either. Already seeing T4 FOP mods go for 500k-1mil+,seriously? The economy tanked after EXL vendor mishap,EXL gear,and loot drop glitch. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the EXL charity. But who comes up with these nutty prices. Just like with all the new JP's,most are not worth half of what their "valued at". Yes many ppl have all this script to throw at stuff. But this will only force the regular or new players away. Or force them to find ways to cheat Trion or other players. Sorry for the rant,smh This I remember when AF used to cost only 500-750k now I've seen sales and offers at over 3.5mil! At this rate scrip will be as useful as arksalvage people will only trade and the people like me with horrible RNG will never be able to have any amount of good drops or jackpots to trade with!

Sacky
02-14-2016, 04:41 PM
I understand ppl will pay whatever they want for an item. But this whole philosophy has ruined the economy of the game. I understand old synergies mods are getting hard to come by but 3 mil for a T4 SS PB is ridiculous. Just a few months they were 250-500k. Than these new syn mods selling for as much as old syn mods isn't helping either. Already seeing T4 FOP mods go for 500k-1mil+,seriously? The economy tanked after EXL vendor mishap,EXL gear,and loot drop glitch. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the EXL charity. But who comes up with these nutty prices. Just like with all the new JP's,most are not worth half of what their "valued at". Yes many ppl have all this script to throw at stuff. But this will only force the regular or new players away. Or force them to find ways to cheat Trion or other players. Sorry for the rant,smh

agree with this, i think the solution can be asking to the overpayers users to express they intention to overpay for the gear they want "wtb [insert gun name here] willing to overpay for it" just a simple exercise, if u c the economy roght now is fckd cause the open overpay we have atm, now there ppl that beliave that's the weapons prices and fck the economy for all the rest of the players

another solutiion can be a offical value thread where 1 represent x clan can post on it and we can have a refference value for the weapons in a list, 3 pinned thread 1 for pc, 1 for xbox, 1 for ps3

Cobra Crusher
02-14-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm on Xbox NA so i'm gonna need atleast 25 million scrip before i can answer.

Skiller115
02-14-2016, 06:23 PM
I'm on Xbox NA so i'm gonna need atleast 25 million scrip before i can answer.

I'm Xbox EU and I had to pay 2mil for this comment!

thumb
02-15-2016, 10:39 AM
From the day I started playing I refused to buy and sell in the zone, I only trade and I never sell to clanmates. I'm open to donations but don't require them ( I used to refer to this practice as screwing up the Defiance economy). I for one am happy to see the script market crashing but I do miss those million script corporate boxes