PDA

View Full Version : official developer question regarding terms of service question section microtrans.

MasterProtector
02-18-2016, 03:45 PM
hello devs! i would like to formally ask a question regarding terms of service to further my understanding of them. I recently aqcuirred a 14 day xbox live gold trial card which i cannot use or have need of due to having almost a year of live already active (i got this card via purchasing an xbox one hence the card came with it). i would like to formally ask if using this live card as trade item would qualify against the terms of service under microtransactions where the live card is not actually physical currency. If this is against TOS then i will just keep the card and save it for when my live comes close to running out next year, if this is a green light and its not against TOS then i will likely proceed to trade it, but before either happens i wanted to get a formal response only from the developers regarding this matter on the TOS.

thank you for your time trion officials,
sincerely MasterProtector.

Claydough
02-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Yes it would. Dont need a dev to answer that.

Trades can be done ONLY with tradable gear within the game, so weapons and scrip

Bentu
02-18-2016, 04:02 PM
And if it's not against Trions tos it would definitely be against Microsoft tos.

Ea Rapture
02-18-2016, 04:14 PM
And if it's not against Trions tos it would definitely be against Microsoft tos.

It's also against my ToS. Lol. I don't trade for outside items.

MasterProtector
02-18-2016, 04:25 PM
as stated in the title and in the description, the questions answer will only be accepted by a development team member, thank you for your answer though, i dont intend to do anything either which way until its answered by a developer, im not saying anyone is wrong or right simply stating im only going to accept a developer answer where its their policy.

Altras
02-18-2016, 04:30 PM
as stated in the title and in the description, the questions answer will only be accepted by a development team member, thank you for your answer though, i dont intend to do anything either which way until its answered by a developer, im not saying anyone is wrong or right simply stating im only going to accept a developer answer where its their policy.

It's literally in the T.O.S.

hempman
02-18-2016, 04:35 PM
MP,its deffo in the tos.
best to keep these kinds of trades /deals off the radar,so to speak and only with trusted friends.
none of these trades are authorized nor supported by microsoft nor trion......
and Dont post it in zone chat either...stay safe out there.

Mrdr
02-18-2016, 05:07 PM
You'll have better luck pm'ing one...

xXxDSMer
02-19-2016, 12:50 AM
No one's "attempting" to answer your question. What is being said is the answer to the question lol

It is against the rules to mix real life economy and ingame economy. Period. And it is widely known that it is a bannable offense to mix those two economies.
(and no, that doesn't include buying things in the bitstore like a fop syn crate and trading those items in game in exchange for scrip or other weapons or arkforge - but it definitely does include exchanging microsoft cards, cash, or ANYTHING outside the game, for ANYTHING inside the game.)

Even the game codes that can be found in retail copies of defiance. Those "game codes" people sometimes sell for ingame scrip or weapons... yeah that's against the rules too.

If you PM a dev, as was suggested, you'll only get an echo of what was already said by several in this thread.

NullWolf
02-19-2016, 02:21 AM
Its against the TOS and can get ya banned but from time to time you still see players throwing up things like trading PSN cards for Insert JP here, etc.

Belle Starr
02-19-2016, 07:19 AM
Whoa guys, no reason to be mean spirited! Y'all made your point! The guy hasn't even responded for over 15 hours! :)

Let's let this thread fade into the sunset like it should! It is, as they say, a done deal! :cool:

http://img11.deviantart.net/f182/i/2012/001/b/b/stomping_off_into_the_sunset_by_dangermousedavs-d4kyx4y.png

konstantinov
02-19-2016, 07:44 AM
Guys, the OP is obviously on a self righteous crusade because any sensible person would have just PM'd a Dev/CM. Does he not remind you guys of PunisherIllnoisBlue?

SocialGerm69
02-20-2016, 01:41 AM
How about trades with Bitcoin? �� lol

CM Kiwibird
02-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Never trade for any item out of the Defiance game, but also remember to be kind to your fellow ark hunters. Our forums are a great place for answers, and our veterans are full of knowledge about Defiance! In this case, our forum members are correct, this would be a violation of the Terms of Service.

I'm going to close this thread because this question has been answered.