PDA

View Full Version : Radiation not proccing in Flames of Passion

Saminator
02-19-2016, 02:58 PM
So what's up with radiation? I've noticed when I use my radiation blast rifle with flames of passion synergy, the fire will proc on the enemy straight away, but my radiation won't trigger during that, so what's up with that? Electric and fire can proc together, bio and fire can proc together, so why won't my darn radiation proc with the fire nano? I'm missing out on the damage boost that I should be getting.

If it's just never going to activate with the fire nano proc then it's kinda pointless using radiation and might as well go for bio instead.

eaglepowers
02-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Would like this checked out by a developer. Something about the sweet nothings damage seems off to me. I thought the recent patch would address this but it didn't. On paper the SN should give my wolfman a run for its money but it doesn't come close.

Saminator
02-20-2016, 09:21 AM
I tested again last night, it does proc but it took an average of like 50 damn blast rifle bullets to trigger, all body shots. This was tested in duels with a few friends. My piper on the other hand was averaging 4-6 body shots for the radiation to trigger. So why on earth is radiation of a flames of passion weapon taking way too long to trigger? Electric and bio seem find with the synergy triggering quite early but radiation is taking over half a clip until it finally triggers. Try it for yourself guys.

Saminator
02-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Would like this checked out by a developer. Something about the sweet nothings damage seems off to me. I thought the recent patch would address this but it didn't. On paper the SN should give my wolfman a run for its money but it doesn't come close.

What's wrong with your Sweet Nothings compared to the wolfman?

eaglepowers
02-20-2016, 09:32 AM
The damage numbers I was seeing during a CC when comparing were a good 30% lower, granted my wolf is sup but still.

Saminator
02-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Oh that could just be because fire does do a whole 50% more health damage than radiation, and since at a major CC everyone keeps stripping the armor plates off of all the Monarchs, your fire will do a lot more damage than radiation, so that's probably why. Same goes for the Matrion, when you fight him he pretty much has no armor, and even if he did, critical hits bypass armor. So the majority of that event it's honestly better to use a fire weapon if you're looking for more DPS.

eaglepowers
02-20-2016, 09:43 AM
That makes sense but the FOP fire proc'ing should balance it better. Also, in these events most nanos proc all the time from other players on most enemies yet the SN wasn't close. I'll test them again.

Saminator
02-20-2016, 09:46 AM
That makes sense but the FOP fire proc'ing should balance it better. Also, in these events most nanos proc all the time from other players on most enemies yet the SN wasn't close. I'll test them again.

That's true but more people use radiation than fire in events, and bio and bmgs so not all enemies are getting the big health damage bonus. As for the fire proccing, since it has a cooldown it can only really proc one enemy at a time unlike a real fire nano, so that's why the wolfman would probably do a better job at this event than Sweet Nothings. Though like you said it's not supreme so it probably doesn't have as much dmg, crit and fire rate as the wolfman. Even of those stats are only 5% lower than the wolfmans that's still roughly 15% DPS you would be missing :).