PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade rarity % chances recently

Smokey Black
02-22-2016, 05:23 PM
Hey gang,

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed some changes with the way the upgrade rarity function works in the salvage matrix recently. I've never had good luck with upgrading weapons to t6 (my orig piper is still t5) but through a lot of trial and error I got a feel for the way this function worked in the salvage matrix.

Now recently maybe its just me with hard luck or something but I wanted some feedback. This last month I have spent more arkforge on two guns(what they are is irreverent, rng should be neutral) than I spent on upgrading a handful of guns in my inventory. The first one I blew ~ 2,500 AF upgrading to supreme this was when the event started two weeks ago. Next one I got the first few days of event and spent two weeks of event arkforge attempting to upgrade with no success. I expect to fail on the 5/10/15/20% chances but I've dropped 3k+ Af with no luck and I cant help but feel this thing is rigged.

I don't want to call Shenanigans but those who upgrade a lot of guns know that when sucessful the game freezes for a second. I had this happen to me on this second gun but it was still oj. I plan on saving up enough for a 100% chance but will video tape it on my cell phone and expect failure.

Now my question to you my fellow arkhunters has the salvage matrix been extra stingy to you all lately also?

LOOKxATxTHISxI
02-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Right there with you. I've went since about 2 weeks after the supreme patch since I've been able to upgrade anything. I usually spend in clusters. 1-1.5k at various % chances. Kind of a kick in the teeth when I see a trade window full of t6 from people with 45 slots who seem to have no issue upgrading gear. RNG working as intended when the same folks get jp after jp too I guess.

Beginning to wonder if I would make a ftp trash account with absolutely no money spent on the game if my chances would increase. Seems to work wonders with all the "brand new" millionaires running around lately.

konstantinov
02-22-2016, 06:28 PM
I lucked out yesterday upgrading a gun at 25% first try.

Smokey Black
02-22-2016, 06:51 PM
I lucked out yesterday upgrading a gun at 25% first try.

yeah I have had success in the past with 25% rolls also.

Just when I've done 10x 5% chances + these on the same weapon.
4x 10%
3x15%
2x20%
2x25%(these were done out of rage, 20$ in bits, after I prove its broken I will demand compensation)
2x30%
&
2x50%

you would expect some results.

Smokey Black
02-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Just logged on to count the numbers...pre event my contribution was ~ 340 mil.

atm it is 390 mil.

from scoring in arkfalls a score of around 100k will net you about 10 arkforge.

So each mil in contribution is equal to 100 arkforge.

5,000 arkforge in score alone and another 1,000 from the bitstore to fail on upgrading a single weapon. I just want to get this out there for everyone to see before you think about spending a dime on consumables. There should be some kind of failsafe, whatever.

Smokey Black
02-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Just logged on to count the numbers...pre event my contribution was ~ 340 mil.

atm it is 390 mil.

from scoring in arkfalls a score of around 100k will net you about 10 arkforge.

So each mil in contribution is equal to 100 arkforge.

5,000 arkforge in score alone and another 1,000 from the bitstore to fail on upgrading a single weapon. I just want to get this out there for everyone to see before you think about spending a dime on consumables. There should be some kind of failsafe, whatever.

this doesn't add the thousands of arkforge gained from elite lockboxes.