PDA

View Full Version : Cyber rig vendor

Johnny Dbag
02-23-2016, 09:51 AM
So, first of all, I apologize if this thread has already been beaten to death. On a relatively new player, about a year. They added the Keystone chips to the cyber rig vendor. Which is cool, except for the fact that you need an OJ rig to use them, and those are pretty tough to come by. It sure would be nice if they could add OJ chips to the vendor also as more players would be able to use these. I would gladly pay 100 - 500 silicone shards and 50 to 100,00 script to buy an OJ chip seeing as how they rarely drop for me in the expeditions, and when they do I usually get a vehicle wrecker or vehicle reinforcer chips. Just a thought. It's not like Trion would be losing out on people doing expeditions, since you would need to get other chips and rigs to smash down to get a silicone shards.

r00ni3
02-23-2016, 09:56 AM
So, first of all, I apologize if this thread has already been beaten to death. On a relatively new player, about a year. They added the Keystone chips to the cyber rig vendor. Which is cool, except for the fact that you need an OJ rig to use them, and those are pretty tough to come by. It sure would be nice if they could add OJ chips to the vendor also as more players would be able to use these. I would gladly pay 100 - 500 silicone shards and 50 to 100,00 script to buy an OJ chip seeing as how they rarely drop for me in the expeditions, and when they do I usually get a vehicle wrecker or vehicle reinforcer chips. Just a thought. It's not like Trion would be losing out on people doing expeditions, since you would need to get other chips and rigs to smash down to get a silicone shards.

I agree! but i think thats why they changed up the way expos work, since it doesnt reset everyone (should) get to round 8 and tier 30 so you should get better drops since you dont have to just run expo all day and can take breaks.

Princess Daisy
02-23-2016, 10:15 AM
I think we should have some basic rotating legendaries including rigs/chips for purchase in game to keep things fresh for veterans and newbies alike. Other games do this (e.g. Destiny).

The closest analogue would be Supply stores that were intended to have "specials" that were compelling, but with all the upgrades in gear (syn, tiers e.g. supreme) the T3's sold in the supply are archaic.

It's sad that these concepts were in place, but left behind as the design teams changed. The new designers have shifted the game towards a bitbox -> nerf cycle and fruitless RNG grind which is focused more on bit sales than game experience. It'd be good if they had their game designer/developers start the game from ego 10 every once in a while and see what the game experience is like for new players. It might actually increase net-new players by retaining the base and making the game more fun for newbies.

Claydough
02-23-2016, 02:25 PM
If oj chips were added to the vendor, they should be priced atleast 3000 shards.

Olaf
02-23-2016, 02:36 PM
If oj chips were added to the vendor, they should be priced atleast 3000 shards.

I'd say 5000 shards a chip if they did.

tarmim
02-23-2016, 02:45 PM
They'd probably make silicon shards available in the bitstore and the oj rigs would cost 10000 shards

Silent_0ne
02-23-2016, 02:49 PM

Sounds good shards ain't hard to get, i got so many i vend them now.

Claydough
02-23-2016, 02:52 PM

That would be on the high end id say.

If oj chips and rigs broke down into 1k then yes

final rest
02-23-2016, 03:13 PM
nooooo oj chips in vendors then there would be no luck involved with expos.. part of the fun is that you have to actually do expos long enough to get all those oj chips so when you see somebody with oj chips in their rig its prestigious .. there is no for sure way get a rig full of ojs and being able to buy chips would just make it so "oh you grinded for exactly 150 hours so u have all ojs good job" and thats it.. it would be over and people would have their maxed out rigs at the end of a short grind. there has to be a luck factor or it will end too soon

Johnny Dbag
02-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I know there is the luck thing involved at the drops, just that I rarely get an oj chip and getting 2 vehicle wrecker chips and 2 vehicle reinforcer chips after running up to tier 40+ with the rounds in the high 20's time and time again is insulting and frustrating. I feel like grinding out a bunch of expos and smashing the chips to get the ones you want is a good thing, at least we would have something to show for the long run and high effort. Obviously the oj chips would have to cost a decent amount of shards, or yeah, anyone could have oj chips in every slot. Just my opinion.