PDA

View Full Version : Fix the time trials or remove them from pursuits

tarmim
02-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Title says it all.

stefb42
02-24-2016, 08:36 AM
By fix you mean make them easier? Because I completed them again on a low ego toon a few weeks ago and they weren't broken, couple of tough runs but not broken

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 08:39 AM
Better yet take out anything that requires any sort of effort.

Ea Rapture
02-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Better yet take out anything that requires any sort of effort.

Let's just take out everything.

I don't like Mount Tam, can we just... Remove that area?

Logain
02-24-2016, 08:43 AM
The driving pursuits should be their own pursuit, because this is a shooting game after all, and not part of the area pursuits. So the time trials are not removed but reorganized so that they do not represent a large portion of EGO pursuits.

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 08:45 AM
The driving pursuits should be their own pursuit, because this is a shooting game after all, and not part of the area pursuits. So the time trials are not removed but reorganized so that they do not represent a large portion of EGO pursuits.

The biggest problem I see Logain is the following.

1. Driving pursuits
2. PvP pursuits
3. 5k kills pursuits

There is literally no pleasing everyone until all of these are auto completed.

tarmim
02-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Sorry if i was unclear. The difficulty level of the time trials is fine. But it's not funny when you miss the gold by 2 seconds because you had to drive back and go through the same ring twice.

Ea Rapture
02-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Sorry if i was unclear. The difficulty level of the time trials is fine. But it's not funny when you miss the gold by 2 seconds because you had to drive back and go through the same ring twice.

That's called lag.

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 08:56 AM
That's called lag.

Usually EU is better with lag than the NA servers.

Mister Ree
02-24-2016, 09:11 AM
No, EU has been terrible since last feb after the 12hr downtime they never explained (moving to cheaper servers), we get massive lag spikes for no reason that lock entire shards into 'running on the spot' crap that lasts for up to 30 seconds at a time and happens repeatedly. This isn't just during events btw, after reset at 4am when theres 5 people on it will do it, and it is the main cause (but not the only) of time trial rings not activating. Theres not much that can be done about it from the player side and after a year of trion ignoring the matter its obvious they're in no rush to sort it out.

But trials are possible, just gotta walk away when that stuff happens tasin. Go back another day and when they do work well hammer out as many as possible as soon as possible. lol

Gaige12
02-24-2016, 09:14 AM

1. Driving pursuits
2. PvP pursuits
3. 5k kills pursuits

They should just put those pursuits in the bit store for 50 bucks each.

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 09:18 AM

If anything just sell 6k ego for $250.

Olaf
02-24-2016, 09:22 AM

Tbh I think they are already planning on doing that if I heard a live stream correctly lol...

Logain
02-24-2016, 09:24 AM

1. Driving pursuits
2. PvP pursuits
3. 5k kills pursuits

Honestly the 5K kills don't bother me. It's a shooting and killing game after all. It is is not Mario Kart. It is not COD. So separating out the driving pursuits as it own thing seems fine with me. PVP for the most part is already segregated.

Remember these pursuits were initially designed when EGO rating did not matter. As you know EGO finally meant something after patch 1.5 when scaling became a thing. So the pursuits should have been re-addressed at that time as well. But it was not.

Bigger philosophical question. Situation: If the enemies all scale to your and people around your EGO. And your guns scale based on your EGO. And lower EGOs scale up. Question: If essentially everything scales, why have scaling at all?

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Honestly the 5K kills don't bother me. It's a shooting and killing game after all. It is is not Mario Kart. It is not COD. So separating out the driving pursuits as it own thing seems fine with me. PVP for the most part is already segregated.

Remember these pursuits were initially designed when EGO rating did not matter. As you know EGO finally meant something after patch 1.5 when scaling became a thing. So the pursuits should have bee re-addressed at that time as well. But it was not.

Bigger philosophical question. Situation: If the enemies all scale to your and people around your EGO. And your guns scale based on your EGO. And lower EGOs scale up. Question: If essentially everything scales, why have scaling at all?

Everyone scales up to max ego only in PvP IIRC.

Logain
02-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Everyone scales up to max ego only in PvP IIRC.

I think the correct answer is because Arkforge.

r1p
02-24-2016, 09:32 AM

1. Driving pursuits
2. PvP pursuits
3. 5k kills pursuits

I agree that those are the the top 3 pursuits that bugger most players and they are the very reasons that I will never reach 6k ego. As I've often said in the past I've made my peace with it, however just because I've have doesn't mean that I don't empathize or even agree with some of the reasons why others keep pushing for something to be changed. And while I don't advocate auto-completion of these pursuits, I would like to see some alternative pursuits added that are worth an equivalent number of points so that everyone can have the opportunity to reach the ego cap.

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 09:35 AM
I think the correct answer is because Arkforge.

I'd say it's say to say it's gone from because grenades to because arkforge.

tarmim
02-24-2016, 09:35 AM
I already have all the gold medals but some people do not . I'd like to have the trials
Fixed so maybe it would be easier for me to level up my little toon

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 09:43 AM
I already have all the gold medals but some people do not . I'd like to have the trials
Fixed so maybe it would be easier for me to level up my little toon

Persistence and patience.

Hunter0
02-24-2016, 10:01 AM
R u serious mate?! If there's something going to be fixed, better be one of the following:

- Expo extraction/drops

- Server disconnects

Peace..

WhiteStrike
02-24-2016, 10:25 AM
IMO, the time trials should have their own pseudo-shard (no enemies, no events, no other players (except other racers)) to avoid ring lag and invisible obstacles .

R u serious mate?! If there's something going to be fixed, better be one of the following:

- Expo extraction/drops

- Server disconnects

Peace..

Do you visit the forums just to post about expo issues and dc's on random threads?

tarmim
02-24-2016, 10:41 AM
IMO, the time trials should have their own pseudo-shard (no enemies, no events, no other players (except other racers)) to avoid ring lag and invisible obstacles .
1+

Do you visit the forums just to post about expo issues and dc's on random threads?

1+
(10char)

final rest
02-24-2016, 12:30 PM
+1 great idea, as for anyone who cant do the trials cause its too hard then they dont deserve the ego points, should just keep tryin til they get it so its more rewarding anyway :)
boost on the straightaways and slow even to a stop if you have to on the hard sections so u dont go off course/miss rings u can still gold by going slow af on some sections to keep ur run alive

PithHelmetIrath
02-24-2016, 01:15 PM

There goes the neighborhood..

Bentu
02-24-2016, 01:31 PM

I was going to suggest adding some king of xp increment to the patron pass per month.
That way people who currently don't buy one and want to hit 6k would have a way of doing it without all of the pursuits.

5k kills was pants, it's a shooter for gods sake.

XPac
02-24-2016, 02:17 PM
Honestly I wish you could max out a character just on experience (like most games I think).

Gaige12
02-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Why would anyone want to skip the "Longer, more fulfilling Chase"?? ;);)

Gaige12
02-24-2016, 04:22 PM
5k kills was pants, it's a shooter for gods sake.

It took me longer to figure out what my toon was going to wear to the 5k hellbug slaughter than it did to actually get the pursuit done. :D

Bentu
02-24-2016, 05:13 PM
It took me longer to figure out what my toon was going to wear to the 5k hellbug slaughter than it did to actually get the pursuit done. :D

Well I only wear one set of duds so I'm set for any eventuality.

Gaige12
02-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Well I only wear one set of duds so I'm set for any eventuality.

That's why the hellbugs are running away from you and not towards you :P

Johnny Gatt
02-24-2016, 06:22 PM
The lag has only been around since early 2013, so time trials should not be affected that much. I just got my black Challenger on my 7th toon. As soon as I hit level 20 on runners I started the trials and had them gold in under two hours. Mine run alley was the only time trial that was bugged. I quit game and restarted, ran it again and got gold ,then finished the rest. This toon was on ps3 with all the extra fun of dealing with dc's and hard freezes.

Tilarta
02-24-2016, 11:33 PM
The biggest problem I see is the following:

1. Driving pursuits
2. PvP pursuits
3. 5k kills pursuits

The driving pursuits are one of those I am putting off until I get my quadbikes and 4x4 vehicles to level 20.
And even then, it's one of those things I will most likely fail anyway, racing games has always been one of my weak spots.
Yes, I do agree the Racing Tracks should be isolated from the main game.
I was finally making good time on one of them that I failed the hardest on and immediately ran into a hellbug swarm on the track!
The vehicle did not survive and I had to fight off all the bugs that just totalled it to boot!

PvP pursuits I would prefer to skip altogether.
I looked at some of them and said, yeah, like that's going to happen!

The 5k kills depends on the weapon in question.
For example, if it had said Semi-Auto Sniper Rifles, I'd be like, yeah, let's go do that!
But as it says Bolt Action Sniper Rifles, my reaction is, oh great, 5k with an annoying weapon, this is going to be frustrating!

I think they should have allowed some excess points in this game, at a rough estimate, the game should have enough activiities to grant you 12k Ego, so half of the Pursuits (and especially the ones relating to PvP!) could be disregarded.

At this point, I would readily pay $50 just to level to 6k.
Maybe even $100 dollars if it got frustrating enough.
The thought of 4000 more levels just running around shooting enemies for no reason whatsoever isn't an appealing one.
FYI, since the prices are charged in American dollars, the exchange rate from Australian dollars makes them gaming purchases cost more.
Example, a $50 game on Steam was priced at $70 Australian because payment can only be made in USD.
And since Defiance is a Steam game.......