PDA

View Full Version : I asked Trion why this was and they told me to ask here

gulac
02-24-2016, 09:49 AM
So in an effort to find T4 (purple) mods for the more common synergies (Run n Gun, Cannoneer, Grenadier etc)
I purchased some epic mod hoards from the various vendors that have them.

I was surprised to find that the mods were for Prepared and Ego Precision so I asked Trion why these were considered "standard synergies" their reply from GM Stormlock was

"After reviewing this item, I am showing the Epic Mod Hoard is sold by Top-Notch Toolworks vendor, VBI Vendor, and the Soleptor Vendor. This would make indicate that it might have mods from any of these faction"

So given that everything in this game is random then it means that I could buy 1000 mod hoards and never get a mod I want for the weapon in question.

I then asked them how I was supposed to obtain T4 mods for the aforementioned synergies (Run n Gun, Cannoneer, Grenadier etc) the reply again from GM Stormlock was

"We understand you have questions in regards to the game; however Customer Support is unable to give hints regarding locations or walkthroughs on in-game content. We highly advise reviewing the forums, asking your fellow players, or continuing to explore the game to find out more."

furthermore his additional advice was

As noted previously, if you would like to see a change to how these items function, I would encourage you to post any ideas or suggestions you have on the Defiance forums. We encourage players to do this as it allows for player discussion on these types of issues. This also provides a method for the Community and Development teams to gauge player interest in ideas provided by the community. I've included a link to the Defiance forums below.

So here I am asking the following

1) When did the synergies such as Prepared and Ego Precision become "standard" synergies.

2) How does one obtain T4 Mods for those synergies that are commonly picked up or won in game.

3) Does Ordinary, Common, Usual mean standard or does standard mean only those weapons that you have to have reputation to buy.

4) If it is the latter then why have synergies other than those from vendors or are they only there to be considered cashable items. And if that's the case why have them in tiers and why the occasional mod for them you might find after or during a battle.

So in order to remove the dubious nature of the element of randomness from my weapon usage I have decided only to do paradise and chimera contracts to earn enough cores to buy those OJ weapons as the mods for them are easily available from those vendors.

In this way, Instead of scratching around in hope that luck may lend a hand I will reduce my stress and irritation.

Thanks for reading

hempman
02-24-2016, 09:53 AM
epic mod hoards are another failed item in the vendors.
we have been asking for the vendors to be overhauled for quite some time now.

please,for your own sanity,dont waste loot on those mod hoards.

konstantinov
02-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Expos drop t4 mods.

Ray8888
02-24-2016, 10:57 AM
They have been promising a vender update ever since the new rolls came out.
Like meaty said, try expos.

r1p
02-24-2016, 11:06 AM
Expos drop t4 mods.

Yes they do, unfortunately something changed and now they drop at a much lower rate then when they first came out.

Crack
02-24-2016, 11:21 AM
You shouldnt have been surprised as rep vendors mod boxes only drop rep vendor mods. I would be mad if I need fury mods and the 7th vendor dropped standard mods in their cache.

Expos and bit store hoards are the only other places you can get standard t4 mods.

dremora ven0m
02-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Lile has been mentioned the drop rate of T4 mods has been nerfed soooo much, lucky to get 1 every 10 rounds

Mister Ree
02-24-2016, 11:39 AM
doesn't the paradise vendor have the epic mod hoard in it for 72 keys or something? other than that its expos, nowhere else drops standard synergy t4s.

Lamar Kendrick
02-24-2016, 12:03 PM
you're not alone. i purchased 3 epic mod hoards and a few ego precision and scavenger mods got mixed up on my purchase

Bentu
02-24-2016, 01:42 PM
T3s are good enough really, I know it doesn't answer your question op but it's easier to get them than those pretty coloured boxes.

By far the easiest way though is to find the traders in game who sell them.

gulac
02-28-2016, 10:45 PM
doesn't the paradise vendor have the epic mod hoard in it for 72 keys or something? other than that its expos, nowhere else drops standard synergy t4s.

Mr Ree

That's exactly the point. Epic Mod Hoard costs 72 keys, 100 reputation and 40k scrip and they are supposed to be for "Standard" synergies, Instead they usually have T4 mods for the weapons such as Prepared, Ego Precision, Scavenger and not Run n Gun, Quartermaster, Canoneer etc.

Atticus Batman
02-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Mr Ree

That's exactly the point. Epic Mod Hoard costs 72 keys, 100 reputation and 40k scrip and they are supposed to be for "Standard" synergies, Instead they usually have T4 mods for the weapons such as Prepared, Firewall, Ego Precision, Scavenger and not Run n Gun, Quartermaster, Machinist, Canoneer etc.

There are no such thing as firewall or machinist mods. They are weapon (backpack) synergies. So they do not have their own mods as any mod works for them.

A_D3MON
02-29-2016, 12:10 AM
There are no such thing as firewall or machinist mods. They are weapon (backpack) synergies. So they do not have their own mods as any mod works for them.

which is y u gotta t5 those babies lol

Menetekel
03-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Gulac just a quick suggestion to help you out. Try the needs/wants (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?43-Need-Want-%28Trading-Post%29) section on the forums. There are a number of Expo Runners who routinely run higher teir expos hoping to get one of the Supreme drops there. The number of t4 mods that get vended is scary. A lot of people will probably sell you the mods at a reasonable price and there are some 'Sellers' who stock these mods regularly for purchase in game from anywhere around 50-200k script a piece.

The other option would be to join a clan. A number of clans have mod storage alts that clan leaders can log onto and check to see if the mods you need are in the storage.

But honestly my first and best suggestion would be just to do a "Wanted - t4 (Syn) mods for (weapon type)" on the forum need/wants section that matches your particular play system and have the sellers come to you.

Good luck with it.

Amenetekel

P.S. Sorry I can't address the OP subject but I've never bought those mod hoards so have on no real knowledge of them or how they work.