PDA

View Full Version : Hello again, Arkhunters. Kiwi, can you help me catch up?

SanCarioca
02-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Hello Arkhunters,

It's an honor to rejoin your ranks. I was away from Defiance for a time (nearly 5 months, now). I still love this game, Kiwi and the community, but It's hard to cope with some age-old problems that anyone who has played this game for more than a few months knows very well.

All in all, I also must say I had a blast returning for Colony Courtship.

I'd like to catch up with a few problems we used to have, already dreading the answer:

1) Bug Bash. It was started in June 2015, with an already huge list of bugs to fix, and several threads to collect even more feedback about it. The Defiance Team would be committed to squash those annoying pests. Since we're almost at the end of February 2016, 8 months have passed. I could not see, for myself, any of those bugs fixed. How's the status on this one?

2) I left the game mainly because I could not cope anymore with the aggravation the inventory "management" screen was giving me. This was heavily discussed in the forums, and it was a question that was posted to every livestream at the day. Again, I have seen no improvements to the UI regarding inventory. Worst, we're still stuck with the "destroy an item at the end of the list, get sent back to the beginning" infuriating behavior. Should we abandon all hope about this?

3) Is Defiance going to be on next-genI'M KIDDING. I KNOW THIS ONE!

I used to write a lot in the forums, therefore, I had much more issues that I'd like to discuss again with my fellow Arkhunters, and Trion. But the forums have been a desolated scenario, regarding Trion representatives. To tell the truth, the only reason I decided to write again is because Kiwi seems to be back.

I hope we can engage in productive discussions, once again, for the betterment of Defiance. As long as we start to see long-gone issues being addressed.

Happy hunting, friends

blackgut
02-24-2016, 11:57 PM
welcome back

Fallen_Aingeal
02-24-2016, 11:59 PM
1. The Bug Bash, that dozens of issues were mentioned, resulted in 4 "fixes". 2 of those, I believe, were not fixed. This is they're way of showing "compassion" for the game, as mentioned in another thread.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?233693-Trove-forums-have-a-busy-dev-tracker

2. There is a sticky concerning the inventory issues that have plagued the game since launch. this was posted on page 11 of the thread;

To Quote the OP:

This is a long term project, and is gated behind other work like the Winter's Bash Update. The thread is for ideas, so if you want to post ideas we appreciate it. But this isn't for regular updates or something that is going to happen soon. It's a long term resource we intend to return to at appropriate times and review for new ideas. Discussion of those ideas is better served in other threads.

Please notice the highlighted marks.....Don't really know what else to say...

Tyrious
02-25-2016, 01:28 PM
same old stuff I love this game I just wish they would take our input into account but that has been a rare thing

Antony Harrist
02-25-2016, 04:16 PM
They broke more things with the bug bash than they fixed :) more of a bug smash to be honest
Fix my wm mass inv already please

Epic roll on pre-patch supreme seems to be working now though. Although unsure if supreme one works aswell. Would cost a lot of af to find out

Johnny Gatt
02-25-2016, 05:17 PM
They did remove that annoying ladder from expos.