PDA

View Full Version : Volge Warmaster, Radiation or Bio?

Tilarta
02-25-2016, 02:31 PM
I've been asking ingame which weapon is best to use on Volge Warmasters and I get conflicting answers each time.

Some say Radiation, some say Bio and then spend time arguing over the merits.

Which weapons should be used to fight the Volge Warmasters?

An aside, why do players keep bringing BMGs to the Volge Warmaster?
The first time, the player was told to stop using it.
The second time, before the Volge Warmaster woke up, one player specifically stated BMGs were not to be used.
I then pointed out that someone was using one in the battle, that player and one other had some very specific offensive language aimed at the BMG user!

My theory is that they are using this enemy to level their BMG and are just being inconsiderate when the request to not use that weapon is disregarded or ignored.

Hexthat
02-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Fire... duh

r1p
02-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Neither. Using bio nades will get the plates strip from the WM quickly as everyone shoots it so neither nano is very useful. Use Fire to increase damage.

Logain
02-25-2016, 02:46 PM
I've been asking ingame which weapon is best to use on Volge Warmasters and I get conflicting answers each time.

The second time, before the Volge Warmaster woke up, one player specifically stated BMGs were not to be used.
I then pointed out that someone was using one in the battle, that player and one other had some very specific offensive language aimed at the BMG user!

My theory is that they are using this enemy to level their BMG and are just being inconsiderate when the request to not use that weapon is disregarded or ignored.

Best Warmaster guide out there (cough) is here: www.bit.ly/SimpleWM (http://bit.ly/SimpleWM). Read it for summary of what to use. There is also a loadout example in post #2.

Really Brief Version (100 words or less):

Weapons:
1. Fire Wolfhound with high Crit Mult.
2. Fire SMG (either VOT Pulser or VOT Tachmag Pulser)

Shield:
Ironclad

Perks:
Overcharge
Kinetic Transfer
Killing Machine
Thick Skinned
Pumped Up
Sucker Punch
Blast Shield
Gunslinger
Kill-or-be-killed
Conflagration

Spike: Damage Spike / Ammo

Stim: Power Stim

Grenade: Bio

During first stage use Fire SMG. When WM is jumping off the wall throw a bio grenade at it. During the second stage when blue crystal is destroyed and yellow crit spot is exposed. Use Fire Wolfhound.

Finally, when a target is on fire all damage going in is boosted for everyone.

thumb
02-25-2016, 02:49 PM
I use rad or bio untill the armor is broken then swap to fire as fire is practically useless against armor, as for the bmg usage they're just irritating and cause lag for some players, there's nothing better than having your screen washed out by someone healing you.

Logain
02-25-2016, 02:55 PM
I use rad or bio untill the armor is broken then swap to fire as fire is practically useless against armor*, as for the bmg usage they're just irritating and cause lag for some players, there's nothing better than having your screen washed out by someone healing you.

*This is not true. Fire is exceptionally useful against the "armor" or blue crystal armor plate as it is health based. Source (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160891-Simple-Warmaster-Guide/page22#211).

Correct about the BMG. And its a bad place to level it anyways. Best place to level the BMG is to use is offensively at an infected incursion. Why people don't do that is beyond me.

Antony Harrist
02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Definitely fire if you want the best chance of killing the warmasters, Bio is only good if you want to score points

Fire is even best for breaking the armor part as the armor is health based. A few people using bio grenades for the plates and your golden

Radiation is second best to fire, a few people using rad is good also as it buffs everyone's damage

I really hate people using heal weapons in there, can't see to shoot anything. And it's one less person doing dps

Ashlocke
02-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Fire gets my vote, with Rad and Bio a decent alternative if you don't have a good fire weapon yet.

As for the BMG spam... At this point in the Lifespan of Defiance, few are actually leveling BMGs these days, the BMG users you see are people who really REALLY want to play a Healer class in a game that doesn't have a Healer class.

You aren't going to change their minds, best to just get used to them showing up and blinding you, and taking a spot at the Warmaster that could have been useful. They can't heal one shot corpses which the Warmaster loves to make.

But my very favorite thing they do, they actually LOWER the damage output for anyone running "Kill or be Killed" which makes you do a ton more damage when your shields are down, which works nicely when the Warmaster uses his ability that saps your shield.

It's not enough that they aren't helping, they actually hurt other player's damage output.

Cygnus
02-25-2016, 06:58 PM
Radiation because it boosts everyone around you as well.radiation bypasses armour too.

Bentu
02-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Many moons ago when I was in Dawn Patrol we had the pleasure of Tricks company during a Deathmarch, he confirmed that the best nano to use against the WarMaster is indeed Fire.

Fallen_Aingeal
02-26-2016, 12:07 AM
I use a T6 BHAR with an oj fire rate roll and a sup dmg roll.

Then I switch to T6 Liberty Eagle with 8.4 crit. I know elec doesn't help a lot but feel the crit scores overcome that loss.

It is mine, and most smart players opinion, that no cold fire weapons, cf's, gb's, bmg's, or infectors should ever be used.

SCAVENGER1
02-26-2016, 01:53 AM
i use rad build on Wm and any volge but i do use bio nads just for the plates. and i still love muh typhoon !! then br pistols cause my hand to go numb but i guess in top 5 majority of the time so dont listen to me...

Hexthat
02-26-2016, 11:01 AM
I use EP mass cannon cause the dmg does direct Health dmg, you can kill WM without breaking anyone of its crystal armour.

I use devil's for 1.8m dmg per second, when crystal armour breaks and dmg spikes on ground. Sometimes with people using wetworks shield makes my divil hits up to 704k, My devil's is oj with t4 dmg barrel and not max ego. I'm sure other devil's hit much higher.

Ray8888
02-26-2016, 02:26 PM
There's a special place in hell for people who bring MCs into indoor maps Hex.
I use my Mintsmeet.

Logain
02-26-2016, 02:34 PM
I use EP mass cannon cause the dmg does direct Health dmg, you can kill WM without breaking anyone of its crystal armour.

If everyone (all 24) used a EP Mass Cannon, WM will not die before the timer runs out.

Tilarta
02-29-2016, 10:08 PM
As for the BMG spam, you aren't going to change their minds, best to just get used to them showing up and blinding you.

I wondered what that meant, sure the visual clutter is distinctive, but it wasn't annoying.
Then I found out what it meant.

I was at a Major Arkfall shooting at the heat sinks on those Constructor Arms.
I entered Fine Aim mode for precision targeting at the exact same moment some BMG Tool decided I needed some healing.
All I could see was the graphical effect of the BMG beam, everything else on the screen went away!
Naturally, not being able to see my target, I missed every shot and had to pause shooting until they stopped "helping" me.

Now I have even more reason to detest BMGs.

SCAVENGER1
03-01-2016, 11:08 AM
I wondered what that meant, sure the visual clutter is distinctive, but it wasn't annoying.
Then I found out what it meant.

I was at a Major Arkfall shooting at the heat sinks on those Constructor Arms.
I entered Fine Aim mode for precision targeting at the exact same moment some BMG Tool decided I needed some healing.
All I could see was the graphical effect of the BMG beam, everything else on the screen went away!
Naturally, not being able to see my target, I missed every shot and had to pause shooting until they stopped "helping" me.

Now I have even more reason to detest BMGs.

welcome to our world of the harassing bmg blue slime not healing beam of death ! and for other it will lag them so bad that if they dont die they get disconnected from the game.. beside bmg have never ever helped in WM never! once Cronus ran a bmg only WM and it failed HARD !! his armor never got a scratch . i know if some tool is using there POS b mg on me i will video it and send it into trion support for harassment . cause when your shield and health is max why slime a player? if it is only to harasse that p[layer. more reason why trion should just remove the bmg from the game . since they cant even give us the control to remove the bmg effects in total ...

Sevrin
03-01-2016, 02:08 PM
*This is not true. Fire is exceptionally useful against the "armor" or blue crystal armor plate as it is health based. Source (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160891-Simple-Warmaster-Guide/page22#211).

Lol. For months Logain has been telling me to use fire on WM blue crystal armor. But I wouldn't listen because I was absolutely sure (yes absolutely) that bio was the way to go. Well recently I've been using fire on the monkey's back and guess what? He was right.

Edit: So anyone want to buy a very nice oj bio cannoneer Needler with back damage mastery :)

stefb42
03-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Definitely fire, whoever said about rad bypassing the armor, well it bypasses armor plates not the crystal, the armor plates break within seconds of the wm getting out or dropping down, fire does indeed do even more dmg when the wm is procced with rad but you only need 1 or 2 players with a rad ultimag, or to throw a few shrill when he hangs

Another point, not sure if it applies to all hellfire guns or just the jps, but when i use a wolfman against wm I never flinch, even when bombs land directly on me, friend who uses ghostduster says same thing

DeMoNofDEATH
03-01-2016, 02:56 PM
i like t6 piper to break armor and t6 duster w crit barrel and crit mastery with an all crit omni rig, overcharge, bio nades or shrill and ammo spike ( dont stop firing the whole time if possible as long as you have a target)

Tilarta
03-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Just because I thought it was unusual (and hilariously funny), this text from a Major Scrapper Arkfall:
http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9906&d=1456899971
I couldn't see the player in question, but I assume they were one of these BMG/Healer tools.

I had to restrain myself from saying something along the lines of "You're not a Healer, you're just some idiot with a BMG."

But now I am wondering, is part of the motivation to claim they are a Healer and vital to the team effort?
I know in my other mmos, the Healer is the one you must protect absolutely, they are keeping your health up and reviving you.
But in Defiance, being an alleged Healer just means you're not contributing anything, therefore (unlike other mmos), you are the most expendable member of the team.

StanleyPain
03-01-2016, 11:41 PM
I appreciate people who want to help during large events, but unfortunately there just isn't really a particularly effective way to be a healer in Defiance. I wouldn't go so far as to call them "tools"...but the unpleasant reality is that they just don't do much good.

dremora ven0m
03-02-2016, 01:28 AM
To many player turn up on xbox eu with the weapons people saying are a no no ie infectors, M/C's lagfighters etc
So i did mention this post in zone.
Personally when I started doing WM's & failing I googled it, found a few posts on here n made a set up very similar to whats mentioned on 1st page!

SlowEatin
03-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Volge Warmaster, Radiation or Bio?

They just may have their chat turned off and don't see that the BMG is just a distraction and the other players can't aim properly and lose hit points.
I been in that bunker quite a few times with up to 100 players and it does seem un-winable.

Logain
03-02-2016, 07:10 AM
They just may have their chat turned off and don't see that the BMG is just a distraction and the other players can't aim properly and lose hit points.
I been in that bunker quite a few times with up to 100 players and it does seem un-winable*.

*What server do you play on? It is very winnable on PC-NA with something like 99%+ success rate.

Following the very short 100 words or less guide I wrote here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?234556-Volge-Warmaster-Radiation-or-Bio#4).

For more detail go here (http://bit.ly/SimpleWM).

Will help defeat the Warmaster and quite easily. In fact it can be done with only three people (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpO8kXn-ZU)! And I have beaten it with only 6 recently.

Ashlocke
03-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Volge Warmaster, Radiation or Bio?

Here's a crazy notion: Don't wrack your brain too much on what the "perfect" weapon/nano is to use against the Warmaster, but rather DON"T use any of the bad weapons mentioned above. I.E. BMGs, Rockets, etc.

If you use pretty much any of the weapons that you got as "conflicting answers" they will all work fine. The actual differences between an assault rifle Rad, vs an assault rifle bio will be infinitesimal during the course of the event when used by you. The reality is, in order to be able to measure any noticable difference between the use of "same weapon/different nanos" would likely require the entire raid to use the same exact weapon/nano combination.

Bottom line, your gun should fire bullets, if something other than bullets are coming out of the front end then you have made a poor choice.

Ea Rapture
03-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Here's a crazy notion: Don't wrack your brain too much on what the "perfect" weapon/nano is to use against the Warmaster, but rather DON"T use any of the bad weapons mentioned above. I.E. BMGs, Rockets, etc.

If you use pretty much any of the weapons that you got as "conflicting answers" they will all work fine. The actual differences between an assault rifle Rad, vs an assault rifle bio will be infinitesimal during the course of the event when used by you. The reality is, in order to be able to measure any noticable difference between the use of "same weapon/different nanos" would likely require the entire raid to use the same exact weapon/nano combination.

Bottom line, your gun should fire bullets, if something other than bullets are coming out of the front end then you have made a poor choice.

They should just use fire tbh, Rad and bio are useless if there are no plates and there never are for longer than 5 seconds.

SCAVENGER1
03-03-2016, 05:04 PM
They should just use fire tbh, Rad and bio are useless if there are no plates and there never are for longer than 5 seconds.

rad bypasses plates and beside rad all so give a dmg bonus to everyone...

Ea Rapture
03-03-2016, 05:56 PM
rad bypasses plates and beside rad all so give a dmg bonus to everyone...

Rad is still useless. I can Crit and bypass more plates, do more DMG, and have a better nano.