PDA

View Full Version : Races are near impossible to complete right now

JadrianN7
04-06-2013, 02:21 PM
With all the lag on the servers its almost nearly impossible to do any of the races because the rings don't update fast enough and sometimes not at all in order for me to complete the races. I understand that they are still tweaking the servers and that this is the first weekend for the game but its definitely taking away part of the game I was wanting to complete this weekend.

Anyone else experiencing this too? Anyone know if this clears up in the late evenings?

Jafo
04-06-2013, 03:18 PM
really? I just got two silvers right before we went down for maintenance

GhostofNickCage
04-06-2013, 05:25 PM
I have been dealing with the same issues and almost broke my controller over it a few times. I found that doing the time trials farthest away from ark falls helps a lot as that is the highest concentrated area on the map and consequently has the worst lag. If that doesn't help then I would just dashboard and restart the game.

Delte
04-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Getting gold is very difficult and some of the times I have seen posted are near on impossible to achieve. Silver is all i can hope for and that suits me fine for the pursuits. I have a Dodge already so not realy bothered about a black one.

Rosso707
04-06-2013, 08:25 PM
rings don't update? Wrong rings order?
Please... just stop drive drunk... is dangerous xD

Being honest, races are pretty difficult, but silver is possyble also if you are not an ace at driving.
For the gold... well think you have to take at good level vehicles skill maybe... or maybe luck =)

kajun mulisha
04-07-2013, 02:13 AM
to be fair with the op, i have to agree that for example the first race i did today was the first race of the game. the one by the starting outpost...its rings are close together and wouldnt update for me also. i would pass through them and it would be red, sometimes 3 rings in a row. i did notice on the ones with like 2 laps and farther apart it wasnt so bad.

JACKAL
04-12-2013, 04:28 AM
I have been trying to get gold for every race all day. I'm down to my last 2, but they are impossible as the timer keeps adding on either +3 or +2 seconds once I cross the finish line. I have submitted a bug report and this is a major issue as getting the absolute minimum in gold requires acing the track with no time to spare.

illgot
04-12-2013, 04:31 AM
NA xbox servers seems to be suffering major latency issues.

Also, not sure but you may need to level up your vehicle role to get the speed bonus (not sure if the speed bonus applies in races).

JACKAL
04-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Personally, I only experience lag around ark falls. Right now I'm in San Francisco and there are no ark falls or other players here for that matter. The timer is consistently adding +2 seconds once the goal line is crossed. Rare occurrences +3 seconds will apply.

Vegimite
04-12-2013, 05:40 AM
fresh from road blocks ark falls landing mid races and bike being blown up running into elite enemy's, I've somehow managed to get my pursuit's done for gold in all the races, sure there is lag sometimes and things in the way but they are do-able.

Can't remember how many times i've cursed them out.

done on the PC so not sure about other platforms but i'm guessing there will be good days and bad ones, Keep trying you'll get there :D

Rikishi
04-12-2013, 06:27 AM
I have all the races done bar 2 or 3 and I always Gold'ed them on the first try. However today I wanted to finish the ones I have not done yet, so I started them up, started driving, drove through circles but they did not update, so I am experiencing the same thing as OP.

Alko
04-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes rings sometimes late to show on. But for me helped one trick don't use try again button just leav race and re enter this will help and each 3-4 race relog. This helped me avoid to late ring responce.

OneWingAngel
04-12-2013, 01:52 PM
I was able to get gold easily on all the others ones so far, though I did experience quite a bit of lag and issues that have already been said here. But when i got to this one the rage meter flew up. Ranging from major lag issues, including rings not appearing, vehicle not responding, and starting countdown messing up. But the past part is, the random events that happen along this time trial. I have had to clear atleast 7 random events to even attempt it, and when I got to those points again, they had respawned!. The worst one is Hellbug nest, where a giant tanker and hellbugs spawn right on a waypoint. I tried to drive by them and get the waypoint, but it literally BOUNCED me off of the nests. This is crazy and I don't understand why they can't just make races be in an alternate phase so that events don't get in the way. Ok, I had to get that rant out.

St Marks
04-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Just got the black dodge last night. Yes, there is lag. There are arkfalls and vehicle spawns and a million other obstacles to finishing. However, if I can do it, with my lack of skills, on a WASD keyboard, then anyone can. It just takes a lot of patience. Run the track over and over til you get gold. Rinse and repeat. It is doable, but very difficult. Thats part of the fun though. Every time I pop out my black dodge, I know I really earned it. Its a nice feeling. Good luck on your races.

DuhTigersBlood
04-12-2013, 03:16 PM
With all the lag on the servers its almost nearly impossible to do any of the races because the rings don't update fast enough and sometimes not at all in order for me to complete the races. I understand that they are still tweaking the servers and that this is the first weekend for the game but its definitely taking away part of the game I was wanting to complete this weekend.

Anyone else experiencing this too? Anyone know if this clears up in the late evenings?

I was having that issue about two days ago, but last night i got gold in everyone i had to to get the black challenger, the one thing that seriously sucks is some of the random little encounters would happen in the middle of a race and the goal would be unreachable.

Prelude
04-12-2013, 03:43 PM
PC version, I have a different issue, my completion time is all 4 seconds higher than what my timer says I did it in, making golds really difficult for I am not perfect!

OneWingAngel
04-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Just got the black dodge last night. Yes, there is lag. There are arkfalls and vehicle spawns and a million other obstacles to finishing. However, if I can do it, with my lack of skills, on a WASD keyboard, then anyone can. It just takes a lot of patience. Run the track over and over til you get gold. Rinse and repeat. It is doable, but very difficult. Thats part of the fun though. Every time I pop out my black dodge, I know I really earned it. Its a nice feeling. Good luck on your races.

Yeah uh, i'm on xbox and what do I do when the rings stop registering when I pass through them? Not much I can do there. Not to mention when I was about to get a gold and my guy gets out of the car, I get back in and it won't even accelerate. I'm pretty sure I can't compensate for that. There is a difference between the race being challenging, and random crap stopping me from finishing the race.

Threeman73
04-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I know what u mean, been having EXACT same problem all day today

OneWingAngel
04-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm going to breakdown at this rate, I'm in the middle of a race and I was having a perfect run. When my connection to defiance times out. WTF!

Primeval
04-12-2013, 08:14 PM
I've managed to get gold on all the races and got my black challenger. I do agree that the first 2 race events (bloodbath and tranquil) are slightly bugged and may require your runner to be at least level 10.

My pet peeve about the hannibal runners is that sometimes small rocks on the road makes you bounce really high or make sudden turns when you're boosting or turning otherwise, especially at the San Fran areas. Annoying as it may be it makes you try harder every time you attempt for the gold run.

About random events/arkfalls in the way of the race track, just get off the atv and clear the event. Once cleared, you should have at least 45 min of race time before another event pops up.

If the race is too problematic for you, just deal with it at another day or when your runner skills are higher up. Bloodbath and Tranquil race is pretty impossible to beat until you get the perks.

Shanks
04-12-2013, 10:15 PM
PC version, I have a different issue, my completion time is all 4 seconds higher than what my timer says I did it in, making golds really difficult for I am not perfect!

I've had that same issue multiple times. The clock is always between 2-4s higher than my finish time.

Nubile
04-13-2013, 11:21 AM

Same here, finished the story line at first, did most the front map races for the silver reward pursuits, so when I found out I needed gold for the next level pursuits I spent the whole day going from pursuit race to race, the final ones took many tries, many stupid little errors just missing rings, etc, and of course having events pop in the middle of the race was lots of fun, but instead of fighting them or clearing them, I just figured out how to get right through or around without losing time, it took ALOT of patience for me.

I will say this, my driving rollers skill increased tremendously doing these, had a lot of fun actually

Got the black challenger, didn't finish the Cerberus pursuit yet, have to co-op for that, blah

The challenger is cool, but you really cant use it for terrain, just for the road

Vertisce
04-13-2013, 02:34 PM

This...so much this...I am so freaking pissed right now...I only have two races to go for my black Dodge and I just can't do it with the game adding time to my finish.

Arkeus
04-13-2013, 02:35 PM
I just attempted blood bath run time trial for umpteenth time because it's the only one that I don't have gold on. Everytime I do it I do it in 49- 51 secs. But when that screen pops up it says 56 secs and gives me silver. I know this is broken because I ran it coming in at 61 secs and it gave me 56. Pissing me off...

DeMoted
04-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Funny I just tried to do a race and the timer started at 5...

Memphis
04-14-2013, 10:23 PM

Indeed--I've had nearly up to 10 seconds added onto my time, which is infuriating. I'm not even gunning for Gold--just Silver. I hope this bug gets fixed soon, as it's no fun to have the only non-combat activity borked like this.