PDA

View Full Version : Good morning and a Wednesday Fill in the blank Survey

Bigg_Stevo
03-02-2016, 07:53 AM
Good morning all,

just got out of the bubbles, getting ready to go to class and yes of course I have come up with a Wednesday fill in the blank survey.

fill in the blank:

if I tell you the whole truth, you know I am telling the truth because no one can say it is a lie, and you lie is that being CRUEL? Is it a big joke with all of your friends seeing how long the lie can go on? Is it funny that now your lie has changed my life forever?

Is it really worth it to you to say "in the end you have my heart crushed"?

YES because _________________________________________

No because _________________________________________

Don't be MODEST with your thoughts, we only live once....latez Grindz

Belle Starr
03-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Wait! This is a trick! There r 4 questions here! :eek:

if I tell you the whole truth, you know I am telling the truth because no one can say it is a lie, and you lie is that being CRUEL? If the intentions behind the lie are cruel, then it's cruel, but it the intentions are good, like to protect your feelings with a "white lie", than "No"! :)

Is it a big joke with all of your friends seeing how long the lie can go on? Don't see the humor here,so "No"!:rolleyes:

Is it funny that now your lie has changed my life forever? Funny ha-ha or funny strange? Oops, no answering a question with a question, Belle! If the change is for the better, then "Yes" if it's funny strange but "No" it its funny ha-ha! :D

Is it really worth it to you to say "in the end you have my heart crushed"? Wait, is it my heart or your heart that is crushed???? Either way, I think heart crushing is a bad thing! :(

Ummm... I'm going to go now and lie down! My head hurts! :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/30kcKQ6.jpg

Bigg_Stevo
03-02-2016, 02:25 PM
good afternoon BELLE,

hope your having a terrific day. i should of known you would be the one to reply, did not mean to make your head hurt, and the main question you answered fabulously, "no one should have their heart crushed, yours or mine". see you soon..latez Grindz

Wait! This is a trick! There r 4 questions here! :eek:

if I tell you the whole truth, you know I am telling the truth because no one can say it is a lie, and you lie is that being CRUEL? If the intentions behind the lie are cruel, then it's cruel, but it the intentions are good, like to protect your feelings with a "white lie", than "No"! :)

Is it a big joke with all of your friends seeing how long the lie can go on? Don't see the humor here,so "No"!:rolleyes:

Is it funny that now your lie has changed my life forever? Funny ha-ha or funny strange? Oops, no answering a question with a question, Belle! If the change is for the better, then "Yes" if it's funny strange but "No" it its funny ha-ha! :D

Is it really worth it to you to say "in the end you have my heart crushed"? Wait, is it my heart or your heart that is crushed???? Either way, I think heart crushing is a bad thing! :(

Ummm... I'm going to go now and lie down! My head hurts! :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/30kcKQ6.jpg

Bentu
03-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Got your pm GRINDZ and I would answer but it's too darn complicated for me mate.
I've no idea sorry.

doctordabs
03-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Well... Tough one...
Paradox theory at work here....
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" Comes to mind here.. one person could lie to another with good intentions.. a white lie so to speak... that white lie for whatever reason could spin out of control and still greatly impact the person being lied to in a very negative way, thusly still "crushing their heart"

So ... to your question: I posit that there is no right answer, and I pose to you this question. Is it better to hurt someones feelings gently (being blunt, and not using a white lie), or risk them possibly never knowing (you use a white lie, but maybe they DO find out and it hurts them more later)?

Bigg_Stevo
03-02-2016, 06:48 PM
The famous Doctordabs has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your answer and yes life is rough and tough. the pavement right now is kinda soggy with tears because there is no right answer as your theory truly shows.

as far as your question to me:

I say no LIE is good, no matter when it comes out it is going to hurt.

Take care Doc...talk to you soon..latez Grindz

Well... Tough one...
Paradox theory at work here....
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" Comes to mind here.. one person could lie to another with good intentions.. a white lie so to speak... that white lie for whatever reason could spin out of control and still greatly impact the person being lied to in a very negative way, thusly still "crushing their heart"

So ... to your question: I posit that there is no right answer, and I pose to you this question. Is it better to hurt someones feelings gently (being blunt, and not using a white lie), or risk them possibly never knowing (you use a white lie, but maybe they DO find out and it hurts them more later)?

Bigg_Stevo
03-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Hello Bentu,

i know it is complicated that is why i called you, for right now it is spectacular that you tried to come to rescue, i owe u one...talk to latez Grindz

ps

there is never a need to say your sorry for anything you are always there when i call...thank you so...Grindz

Got your pm GRINDZ and I would answer but it's too darn complicated for me mate.
I've no idea sorry.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-02-2016, 06:51 PM
No lie at any time, of any size, is good.

Ea Rapture
03-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Okay, was honestly confused this morning when I read this, suppose it makes sense now. I suppose, if no harm is done, a lie wouldn't be that bad, however, lies leading to heartbreak, wouldn't that suggest that someone is hurt, regardless of who told said lie.

Is it worth it to break someone's heart?

No, I suppose that would be an impossibly blatant lie. You either lie with intent to do good or to do bad. Granted, this does not mean that this person had malicious intent, but the outcome of their actions was ultimately ill-fated.

"The depths of a man's soul cannot be measure in a manner of meters and fathoms, but rather it is in my opinion only quantifed by his proximity to heaven and hell."

Yet life goes on.

Yun
03-02-2016, 08:23 PM
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey… stuff.

A lie even done in good intentions can have serious repercussions and alter the way a person is perceived by others. So I would say no because if the subject is something you feel you need to lie about then you already know it will hurt the other person. Not being truthful about it at the start can cause more harm then good the longer it goes on.

Bigg_Stevo
03-03-2016, 11:50 AM
good morning Fallen

Yep we are old school, no lie at any time is good. have a great day, talk to u latez Grindz

No lie at any time, of any size, is good.

Bigg_Stevo
03-03-2016, 11:54 AM
good morning EA,

i really did not mean to confuse anyone and a bit of thinking was necessary. thank you for your advice and i have stolen your quote for my bio on my page, hope you don't mind? talk to you soon, latez Grindz

Okay, was honestly confused this morning when I read this, suppose it makes sense now. I suppose, if no harm is done, a lie wouldn't be that bad, however, lies leading to heartbreak, wouldn't that suggest that someone is hurt, regardless of who told said lie.

Is it worth it to break someone's heart?

No, I suppose that would be an impossibly blatant lie. You either lie with intent to do good or to do bad. Granted, this does not mean that this person had malicious intent, but the outcome of their actions was ultimately ill-fated.

"The depths of a man's soul cannot be measure in a manner of meters and fathoms, but rather it is in my opinion only quantifed by his proximity to heaven and hell."

Yet life goes on.

doctordabs
03-03-2016, 07:46 PM
What about Omission of truth to protect someones heart?

Lets use Supernatural Season 2 thru 3 as an example

By this point we know that John Winchester cut a deal with ol' yellow eyes thus sending himself to hell and saving Deans life..... This WRECKED dean emotionally..
Soon tho... Sam is stabbed in the back and Dean decides to sell HIS soul to bring Sam back to life..
we're reminded of his insistence that Sam NEVER know what he did to save him, and that sam never know he was even dead to begin with....or it'd destroy him.

If you haven't seen the show - sorry but it's a good example heh

Bigg_Stevo
03-04-2016, 02:55 AM
nope that variable is weak
good subject matter tho, i use to watch this show all the time.
hope ure sleeping with terrific dreams...latez Grindz

What about Omission of truth to protect someones heart?

Lets use Supernatural Season 2 thru 3 as an example

By this point we know that John Winchester cut a deal with ol' yellow eyes thus sending himself to hell and saving Deans life..... This WRECKED dean emotionally..
Soon tho... Sam is stabbed in the back and Dean decides to sell HIS soul to bring Sam back to life..
we're reminded of his insistence that Sam NEVER know what he did to save him, and that sam never know he was even dead to begin with....or it'd destroy him.

If you haven't seen the show - sorry but it's a good example heh

Bigg_Stevo
03-04-2016, 02:58 AM
good morning Yun,

love your concept of wobbly stuff making up the universe, talk to u latez Grindz

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey… stuff. have a great night..latez grindz

A lie even done in good intentions can have serious repercussions and alter the way a person is perceived by others. So I would say no because if the subject is something you feel you need to lie about then you already know it will hurt the other person. Not being truthful about it at the start can cause more harm then good the longer it goes on.

Bentu
03-04-2016, 03:49 AM
The answer is you're all figments of my imagination or characters that are playing in my coma induced state since I fell off the top of a slide when I was 4.

Belle Starr
03-04-2016, 04:19 AM
http://previews.123rf.com/images/vasabii/vasabii1205/vasabii120500046/13515371-Red-heart-fallin-to-the-ground-and-breaking-in-many-pieces-Stock-Photo.jpg

Okay, so I've been thinking about this thread a lot since it was started, perhaps more than I should have and perhaps more than I wanted to, because frankly, I've had had my heart crushed in the past more than it should have and more than I wanted it to be! :(

Anyway, I often surf the web when I'm thinking about stuff, often seeking pictures and ideas as to my Defiance RPG or on whatever is on my mind at the moment, which this thread was, and found the picture above that I think best represented this thread! :D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/67/2e/fb/672efb627294d61f39bab321b4feed1c.jpg

However, than I found this quote above and it got me to thinking! We are the owner's of our own heart, so... no one can actually crush it if we don't give them permission, right? :confused:

http://www.thefreshquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Sometimes-Someone-Can-Hurt-Us-More-Than-We-Really-Deserve-Because-We-Had-Loved-Them-More-Than-They-Actually-Deserve..jpg

But then I found this other quote above and it got me to thinking some more, so... if someone does go and crushes our heart, they did't deserve it in the first place, so we are better off without them who would crush our heart! :)

http://quotes.lifehack.org/media/quotes/quote-Alfred-Lord-Tennyson-tis-better-to-have-loved-and-lost-39661.png

Well then, I remembered this quote above that ALWAYS comes to my mind sooner or later after my heart has been crushed, and sooner or later, I put my heart back out there to be crushed all over again, until... it wasn't! I found my soul mate and they found me, and we have been the caretakers of each other's hearts ever since! I guess what I'm saying is - if you don't give permission for someone to crush your heart, than you never find the one who won't, and whose heart you'd never crush either! :cool:

U guys r probably saying: Belle, u are WAY overthinking this thread or u really missed the point here, which is why your head is probably hurting, and u r probably right... but IDK, I felt this thread was JUST that important! :o

One last thought: It really is amazing what you find if u google the words "picture-crushed-heart." :p

doctordabs
03-04-2016, 04:35 AM
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey… stuff.

Yea but Bowties are cool... *hands you a fez*

Bentu
03-04-2016, 07:31 AM
U guys r probably saying: Belle, u are WAY overthinking this thread or u really missed the point here, which is why your head is probably hurting, and u r probably right... but IDK, I felt this thread was JUST that important! :o

One last thought: It really is amazing what you find if u google the words "picture-crushed-heart." :p

I'm glad we're all still in your heart Belle, those others obviously weren't deserving of you. ♥

stayloc
03-04-2016, 07:47 AM
No lie is ever good. Hmmm If a person seeked shelter in your home and a group of terrorist came by, would you tell them they were there? If you lie, you are endangering your life, if you tell the truth, they die but you are saved. What do you do. If you lie you may both be saved, or both die.
I believe it is only a bad lie, if it is to protect yourself or cover up your own wrong doing. I am sure many will disagree but that is what I believe.

Belle Starr
03-04-2016, 07:56 AM
I'm glad we're all still in your heart Belle, those others obviously weren't deserving of you. ♥

TYVM Bentu! I'm glad to have y'all here! :D

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/D/n/S/b/x/A/smile-heart-hi.png

Ea Rapture
03-04-2016, 09:02 AM
good morning EA,

i really did not mean to confuse anyone and a bit of thinking was necessary. thank you for your advice and i have stolen your quote for my bio on my page, hope you don't mind? talk to you soon, latez Grindz

I don't mind, but you should probably know it's lyrics to a song about an 'Artist' who murders his lover but can't bring himself to acknowledge that he, himself, did it. Hence "A Mirror never lies." The mirror shows his true self and he can hide behind a facade as long as he likes, but the mirror can't lie to him.

Correction: The one you took was an excerpt from the same album as the aforementioned quote.^ The one you used is an excerpt from the third song 'A Lunatic's Lament' by Alesana. The 'Artist' Is blaming his Lover for his actions, and in the ending, the 'Artist' Goes to a bar but ends up killing everyone in the bar. The spoken section is his trying to justify his actions.

Not sure if you listen to this sorta music, but if you can handle screaming, the Entire album is pretty good.

Album:
The Emptiness
Artist:
Alesana

Bigg_Stevo
03-05-2016, 05:05 PM
hi Ea,

well i can deal with screaming, but all of the killin is kinda morbid in the story line, i will have to check it out tho, hope your having a terrific day...latez Grindz

I don't mind, but you should probably know it's lyrics to a song about an 'Artist' who murders his lover but can't bring himself to acknowledge that he, himself, did it. Hence "A Mirror never lies." The mirror shows his true self and he can hide behind a facade as long as he likes, but the mirror can't lie to him.

Correction: The one you took was an excerpt from the same album as the aforementioned quote.^ The one you used is an excerpt from the third song 'A Lunatic's Lament' by Alesana. The 'Artist' Is blaming his Lover for his actions, and in the ending, the 'Artist' Goes to a bar but ends up killing everyone in the bar. The spoken section is his trying to justify his actions.

Not sure if you listen to this sorta music, but if you can handle screaming, the Entire album is pretty good.

Album:
The Emptiness
Artist:
Alesana

Bigg_Stevo
03-05-2016, 05:10 PM
hello stayloc,

its okay to disagree that is why i asked. so in your theory a lie is bad only with wrong doing?

No lie is ever good. Hmmm If a person seeked shelter in your home and a group of terrorist came by, would you tell them they were there? If you lie, you are endangering your life, if you tell the truth, they die but you are saved. What do you do. If you lie you may both be saved, or both die.
I believe it is only a bad lie, if it is to protect yourself or cover up your own wrong doing. I am sure many will disagree but that is what I believe.

Bigg_Stevo
03-05-2016, 05:12 PM
hey doc,

what flavor are the fez? latez Grindz

Yea but Bowties are cool... *hands you a fez*

Smokey Black
03-05-2016, 07:38 PM
fill in the blank:

if I tell you the whole truth, you know I am telling the truth because no one can say it is a lie, and you lie is that being CRUEL? Is it a big joke with all of your friends seeing how long the lie can go on? Is it funny that now your lie has changed my life forever?

Is it really worth it to you to say "in the end you have my heart crushed"?

YES because _________________________________________

No because _________________________________________

Don't be MODEST with your thoughts, we only live once....latez Grindz

color me intrigued by your vague opening proposition/statement. & Dont be modest huh, OK.

People lie because they lack confidence, a quick lie is a quick cover for a lack of understanding or empathy.

I'll real life reference my younger brother(not the one who played defiance for my clan mates)
He is very popular with many people socially and doesn't lie to be cruel but to be 'friendly'. Doesn't know half the peoples names who say hi to him and lies about small stuff for convince, not malice.

Me polar opposite, only a few friends, but I consider myself stupidly honest. No filter at times with beer mixed in often. I will say what I believe to be the truth in possibly a cruel way, it happens.

So to tell the truth cruelly or lie conveniently is what I have come to.

and neither is right, sorry If any hearts were broken.

I need another beer.

doctordabs
03-06-2016, 09:42 AM
hey doc,

what flavor are the fez? latez Grindz

fish sticks and custard, of course