PDA

View Full Version : Defiance needs something...

Swarm
04-06-2013, 02:44 PM
I think defiance needs something. be it another server, a bigger team of programmers to fix bugs/make content patches or whatever but definately needs something

usrevenge2
04-06-2013, 02:48 PM
i really hope they consider this a test run and have a bigger and better more MMO like defiance for next gen. gimme defiance with all the awesome stuff of WoW/Eve online/ rift + the "you actually have to aim and stuff" defiance has.

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Why does it need a new server? Why is the current team not big enough?

Keep in mind more full time staff = higher costs = needs to earn more each month in order to be profitable. Expanding a team is a well-thought out decision not a knee-jerk reaction.

MADTHINKER
04-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I think defiance needs something. be it another server, a bigger team of programmers to fix bugs/make content patches or whatever but definately needs something

You can't quite understand it, but you know something is missing? It's called polish, customer service, the feeling that this game is more than just an add on to a TV series. Trion is capable of more than what I've seen in this game. The game is fun, but I'm a shooter fan and the game is modeled off my favorite game Borderlands so for that I can forgive a lot. In beta, all the bugs and disconnections this game has would be perfectly acceptable--in beta, you have to expect these things. But this is retail people, so WTF? But maybe because the game is F2P they don't dedicate the same kind of manpower to making sure things are smooth. I mean, you bought the game and now you can play it for as long as it's still around without charge. Hey, what do you want for Free?

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 03:08 PM
You can't quite understand it, but you know something is missing? It's called polish, customer service, the feeling that this game is more than just an add on to a TV series. Trion is capable of more than what I've seen in this game. The game is fun, but I'm a shooter fan and the game is modeled off my favorite game Borderlands so for that I can forgive a lot. In beta, all the bugs and disconnections this game has would be perfectly acceptable--in beta, you have to expect these things. But this is retail people, so WTF? But maybe because the game is F2P they don't dedicate the same kind of manpower to making sure things are smooth. I mean, you bought the game and now you can play it for as long as it's still around without charge. Hey, what do you want for Free?

So, this is your first MMO launch, eh?

That or you have a selective memory.

MMOs at launch are buggy, pretty much without exception.

As for DCs, I've not experienced one.

demonichatered
04-06-2013, 03:13 PM
i have a question how many people in beta actually reported problems?? from what i have been hearing everyone was just soo intent on getting ego 500. they all said they thought it was great for a beta but did anyone really give feedback on bugs and UI problems?

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 03:19 PM
i have a question how many people in beta actually reported problems?? from what i have been hearing everyone was just soo intent on getting ego 500. they all said they thought it was great for a beta but did anyone really give feedback on bugs and UI problems?

Depends on the person.

Any modern day beta has some people who treat it as nothing more than a free demo.

Regardless, since the show has a confirmed date for the first show they were hardly going to delay the launch of the MMO to fix any outstanding problems were they?

Dazz
04-06-2013, 04:05 PM
IMHO what defiance needs is traditional MMO features. I get that its a TPS and not an MMORPG. Its a TPS with lots of other players around. Its kinda like Fallout New Vegas but with other people. What its missing is the MMO stuff. Cities to hang in when you don't feel like being all frantic in the field. Stuff to do when you don't wanna go kill hellbugs, a marketplace, a sense of community. Heck, it doesn't even have a decent chat box. Honestly, I was expecting Rift in an post-apocalyptic setting with TPS mechanics. Not this.

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 04:07 PM
IMHO what defiance needs is traditional MMO features. I get that its a TPS and not an MMORPG. Its a TPS with lots of other players around. Its kinda like Fallout New Vegas but with other people. What its missing is the MMO stuff. Cities to hang in when you don't feel like being all frantic in the field. Stuff to do when you don't wanna go kill hellbugs, a marketplace, a sense of community. Heck, it doesn't even have a decent chat box. Honestly, I was expecting Rift in an post-apocalyptic setting with TPS mechanics. Not this.

Depends entirely which features you mean.

The ones you have explicitly mentioned (city & social tools) I have no issue with, but this is not an MMORPG and does not need everything one has. As an FPS where skill matters more than loot farming, some features of MMORPGs flat out don;t fit in the game.

RobbieTheRabbit
04-06-2013, 04:12 PM
thats tru.. i bet alot of ppl that playedthe beta didnt report nothin.. all they did was post videos on youtube and not say a damn thing. i was in the beta i reported a whole lot of bugs. i used the in-game reporting systems. then when the game was released i started to use this as well.

this is not my first mmo game.. but DAMN they need to fix alot of bugs.

Landshark
04-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Flying vehicles would pretty much be 100% totally awesome. Maybe they'll have some later on, when the TV series gets going.