PDA

View Full Version : Auction House

alu_potato
02-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Will there be something like an auction house in Defiance because as someone who loves playing the weapon stocks I would love for there to be one.

Nervusbreakdown
02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
nope...next!

IGears
02-18-2013, 06:38 PM
nope...next!

it may happen sometime in the future, but not on release.

Duskky
02-18-2013, 07:00 PM
It's possible but I doubt it will happen unless it's tested first.

Dead_Phoenix
02-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Atm no, but I know there looking at things like that and a crafting system after release. So I wouldn't say never, but we don't know for certon

Aaricane
02-19-2013, 06:42 AM
I honestly don't see this game without an auction house for long.
Every other MMO has one and this will be no different i doubt.

You can argue that Defiance isn't a true MMO like Rift & WoW but lets face it. We kill stuff, it drops loot. Loot we will want to sell. In that regard, its enough MMO to need an auction house

Weregarurumon
02-19-2013, 07:29 AM

You can argue that Defiance isn't a true MMO like Rift & WoW but lets face it. We kill stuff, it drops loot. Loot we will want to sell. In that regard, its enough MMO to need an auction house

I'd have to totally agree. When I first heard there wasn't going to be an auction house I was kind of disappointed, I always thought they were a great "real life" thing to have in a game.

Doc
02-19-2013, 07:42 AM

This is kinda disappointing ever good MMO needs some form of Auction House, even DCUO has one on the PS3.

Hopefully it will be a update soon after the release.

IGears
02-19-2013, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing one in the future. I hope they have Raids that you can obtain rare items to sell. I think there's at least trading

Doc
02-19-2013, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing one in the future. I hope they have Raids that you can obtain rare items to sell. I think there's at least trading

Maybe at least they will have some sort of "trade" chat or "shout" chat that you can use to sell rare or epic items.

DJTrig
02-19-2013, 09:36 AM
I don't think they considered the sales side of MMO's for this game.The sound of how the servers work makes me think it will be almost impossible to set up something like a trade area/district.Also the lack of auction house or storage/bank means your gonna be limited on carry space for sale stock,though that could be delibrate since there selling inventory space.I hope we can get an AH and bank soon after release but i don't see it happening.Also if they do add an AH i hope they add a bit trade system since it would boost bit sales,gives people a way to get extra scrip and means people who wouldn't or can't buy bits could still have a way of using the cash shop.

Until something is done i predict a lot of chat spam for pc and i have no idea if thats even possible for console since we don't know how communication will work.

IGears
02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I don't think they considered the sales side of MMO's for this game.The sound of how the servers work makes me think it will be almost impossible to set up something like a trade area/district.Also the lack of auction house or storage/bank means your gonna be limited on carry space for sale stock,though that could be delibrate since there selling inventory space.I hope we can get an AH and bank soon after release but i don't see it happening.Also if they do add an AH i hope they add a bit trade system since it would boost bit sales,gives people a way to get extra scrip and means people who wouldn't or can't buy bits could still have a way of using the cash shop.

Until something is done i predict a lot of chat spam for pc and i have no idea if thats even possible for console since we don't know how communication will work.

yeah true. in the few towns the game has, i can bet they will be filled with people spamming to sell something

Aaricane
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
yeah true. in the few towns the game has, i can bet they will be filled with people spamming to sell somethingYay Stormwind & Orgrimmar all over again......

JellyBean
02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
The game is still a shooter first, and MMO second. It would be tough to set up a market place on a console because there is no keyboard, can't just set up shop and spend time AFK and let people shop. a console will have to voice chat, there is no alternative to communicate for trade, haggling etc. True though there has to be some kind of trading system but it might just work on a very small scale when the game is released.

Aaricane
02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
It would be tough to set up a market place on a console
I know this is a partial quote, but how so? Simply walk up to the auction house, hit a to enter the screen, in-game keyboard pops up for you to search, set prices etc, whatever you need.

Not hard at all.

DJTrig
02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah,the old player shop system wouldn't work as most people don't like to leave there consoles running while they are away for the night etc.Thats why i can only see a drop off and forget AH system working,like DCUO.

IGears
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Maybe it could try to trade on forums. but i dont know how that would effect the economy of the game.

Midniteryu
02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I remember Phantasy Star had a shop system were you can drop items off in your shop and the items could be bought while you were offline, don't know how will that would fit into Defiance though.

killerbee04x
02-19-2013, 11:13 PM
NO FARMING THE GAME PLZ.. DAMN FARMERS GO BACK TO EVE ONLINE OR what ever game you came out of... THAT MEANS NO TRADING.. IF YOU TAKE LUCK OUT OF THE GAME I'LL QUITE.. IF THEY WANT TO FARM IN GAME MONEY TO SELL FOR REAL MONEY GO ELSE WHERE...

killerbee04x
02-19-2013, 11:22 PM
No auction houses.. We don't need players stealing all the nice rare items out of the stores with money they made from auction houses.. This is a mafia like tactic.. Any players thinking of bring that kind of thing to defiance should be ban for life.. Why don't you want luck in the game.. It destroys pvp.. It destroys the leader boards.. It destroys the lock boxes ..

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 01:31 AM
No auction houses.. We don't need players stealing all the nice rare items out of the stores with money they made from auction houses.. This is a mafia like tactic.. Any players thinking of bring that kind of thing to defiance should be ban for life.. Why don't you want luck in the game.. It destroys pvp.. It destroys the leader boards.. It destroys the lock boxes ..

yes you are right, but it also helps the little guy who has all the poor luck get some decent weapons, the ones he wants. without being able to breach the NDA i cant go into other reasons for one.

MOnte
02-20-2013, 06:25 AM
I think and auction house is a good idea. Most rare loot is soulbound, so I don't see the issue that Killerbee04x is seeing. If not than people will be just yelling in chat/zone/trade channel, L33t loot to sell. Auction house isn't going to make anything worse, just better.

Val Dunn
02-20-2013, 06:45 AM
I think and auction house is a good idea. Most rare loot is soulbound, so I don't see the issue that Killerbee04x is seeing. If not than people will be just yelling in chat/zone/trade channel, L33t loot to sell. Auction house isn't going to make anything worse, just better.

That's exactly what I'm thinking! We definetly need an auction house to make trading more easily.

IGears
02-20-2013, 06:45 AM
yes you are right, but it also helps the little guy who has all the poor luck get some decent weapons, the ones he wants. without being able to breach the NDA i cant go into other reasons for one.

lol yeah i do sometimes have the worst luck in games.

IGears
02-20-2013, 06:50 AM
also if the rare loot would require a certain Ego level, i dont see how it could affect PvP or the game in general.

Chaotica
02-20-2013, 10:16 AM
I hope if nothing else that the players will have a kind of central hub they can do the old school "hawking in general chat" I remember from so many other MMOs in the past. I always seem to pick up things I don't want or are side grades in MMOs and I feel bad just vendoring them.

Sv Stryker
04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
nope...next!

Thanks to know, didn't know you called the shots for Defiance

arcadepcnut
04-29-2013, 06:56 AM
I think all this game needs to go from good to great is an auction house and player crafting

AH so we can share the wealth we find with others when we happen to pick up and epic on special that someone else can use or one in the field or lockbox that we otherwise would scrap.

Crafting we need as well to make the game slightly more addictive. Crafting theory is kinda worthless as it is without an auction house. So i wont go into opinon on "scope mastering".

Too much time is spent in game waiting for an arkfall to complete to try to sell stuff. or sitting in a town spamming or posting on forums trying to meet someone.

Have an AH and a listing (droppoff fee) and drop the item in the AH and play the game. if it sells it sells. if it doesnt then we at least know we are not scrapping something someone else has been looking for for 10 levels.

ironhands
04-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Will there be something like an auction house in Defiance because as someone who loves playing the weapon stocks I would love for there to be one.

hope not!
/10 char

Krank
04-29-2013, 09:37 AM

AH is a fantastic idea except for the fact that I haven't seen ne legendary weapon drops ne where besides lockboxes. They would first need to produce some better loot drops and raids and such. And banking would also be nice as well as more perks for strong guilds and maybe guild bases when the guild acquires enough members. :}

Murzin
04-29-2013, 09:57 AM
honestly, i dont see much point in an AH

the only things i can see being sold on the AH are...

orange weapons
rare synergy mods
blue/purp normal mods
purple weapons with good effect

but here is the problem with putting weapons on an AH

someone with a lower ego than you would have to get it

Kadoosh
04-29-2013, 09:59 AM
I would go for it, if the game set the value of the item. Not something someone can over price.

fang1192
04-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Nvm. /10 char

Krank
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
honestly, i dont see much point in an AH

the only things i can see being sold on the AH are...

orange weapons
rare synergy mods
blue/purp normal mods
purple weapons with good effect

but here is the problem with putting weapons on an AH

someone with a lower ego than you would have to get it

You have a point but with Combat pursuits it would be nice to go to AH and buy a weapon of your choice to level up. And finding the correct mods u need for legendary weapons would be a plus.