PDA

View Full Version : What are your...

ARB82
03-12-2016, 07:09 AM
Today im asking:

What are your three favourite pistols?

As fan of the pistol I'm curious to know what pistols you use, rate and recommend. I'm always hunting for a new addition to my collection so it would be nice to see what you have

Please exclude Jager Prime. No one has one on Xbox EU.

MrHulot
03-12-2016, 07:54 AM
I have only had two pistols for quite a while now:

1) A Wolverine HP-5 - a burst fire gun with a T3 falloff barrel. It is good for engaging targets at longer than usual pistol ranges, like the Volge at a Bathhouse siege.

3) A VOT Blaster. It is only useful because one of it's qualities is a 1.5 magazine. With a T3 high-capacity magazine, that gives it 42 rounds, and makes it what a submachine gun ought to be, IMO: a full-auto weapon firing pistol ammunition. I like it for when enemies may pop up at ranges from pointblank to moderate, like small Dark Matter arkfalls.

I use both of these in combination with a Mark III Volge blast rifle, which is my long-range LMG. If I want a short-range weapon to use with a non-blast light machine gun, I use a shotgun, which is much more capable of taking out the afflicted in a Chinatown siege or the Scrappers in Silicon Valley.

ARB82
03-12-2016, 07:56 AM
I have only had two pistols for quite a while now:

1) A Wolverine HP-5 - a burst fire gun with a T3 falloff barrel. It is good for engaging targets at longer than usual pistol ranges, like the Volge at a Bathhouse siege.

3) A VOT Blaster. It is only useful because one of it's qualities is a 1.5 magazine. With a T3 high-capacity magazine, that gives it 42 rounds, and makes it what a submachine gun ought to be, IMO: a full-auto weapon firing pistol ammunition. I like it for when enemies may pop up at ranges from pointblank to moderate, like small Dark Matter arkfalls.

I use both of these in combination with a Mark III Volge blast rifle, which is my long-range LMG. If I want a short-range weapon to use with a non-blast light machine gun, I use a shotgun, which is much more capable of taking out the afflicted in a Chinatown siege or the Scrappers in Silicon Valley.

Nice start!!

hempman
03-12-2016, 07:59 AM
any of the Blaze pistols,because they are little dual nano mini nade launchers.
Ce/hb/ss

personal favs,Black cat,rs wolfie,and my el guapo.
have a ton of pistols,not many are great.

sephiroth1
03-12-2016, 09:01 AM
im not in any way saying these are the best pistols in the game but my personal favs will always b the dc-5 golden ring mk1, and a oj bio wildcat taken 2 supreme with oj dam & sup crit, overcharge on reload. also a honourable mention to el guapo and el presidente

nick145
03-12-2016, 09:12 AM
i personally really like my radiation plate slicer wolfhound but thats just me

WhiteStrike
03-12-2016, 09:29 AM
My favorites are:
1)Black Cat
2)Demon Hunter MK2

If I had a Fate's Breath It'd probably replace my Demon Hunter MK2.

Sevrin
03-12-2016, 09:41 AM
My BH blaster with 7540 damage and 75 in the clip. My ST rad blaster with 8403 damage and 16.4 FR. My QM quickshot bio blaster. Not saying these are by any means the best pistols in game, but just are the ones I use the most.

Hexthat
03-12-2016, 09:42 AM
sol's hp-6 is pretty fun

nick145
03-12-2016, 10:37 AM
sol's hp-6 is pretty fun

i really like my liberty eagle as well. its a darkmatter slayer

ARB82
03-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Im struggling to do my own top 3

I use supreme fates breath, supreme miasma, supreme KLOC Evo. supreme black cat, supreme jp wildy, supreme el guapo, supreme demon hunter mk1, supreme meleagris, OJ Plumed Anguish and dc5 which i wont supreme.

Johnny Gatt
03-12-2016, 11:07 AM
My jackpot wildcats
Fire plate slicer wolfhound x3 crit
Rad particle Ultimag x3 dmg.... not a popular pistol but fun to play with.
Fire vbi tacc auto pistol x3 dmg for when you just HAVE to double tap something in the face.

Ea Rapture
03-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Currently keep limited Pistols in my inventory, but:

VOT Blaster
Plateslicer
Syphon
Mastery: DMG
Mag
Mag
Mag
Stowed
Mag

VOT Surge Blaster
Quartermaster
Bio
Mastery: Crit
Reload
Mag
Mag
Ego on Crit
Dmg

VBI HP-6 Wolfhound
Plateslicer
Bio
Mastery: Crit
Crit
Reload
Fire Rate
Ego on Crit
Dmg

These are all I got at the moment, aside from a Demon Hunter MkI

Hunter0
03-12-2016, 12:53 PM
When the Hulkers appear only DH can face them...whilst Snow master will be turned to pieces by the Golden ring...:cool:

Fallen_Aingeal
03-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Used to run with a 3x Crit rad Wolf. Replaced in with a Sup Liberty Eagle.

By far the best pistol I have used yet. As mentioned before, it handles DM nicely. Volge hate it. Raiders and 99'ers dance a jig for me when I come near, making the kill that much more fun.

nick145
03-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Used to run with a 3x Crit rad Wolf. Replaced in with a Sup Liberty Eagle.

By far the best pistol I have used yet. As mentioned before, it handles DM nicely. Volge hate it. Raiders and 99'ers dance a jig for me when I come near, making the kill that much more fun.

i have yet to try it out against other enemies i will have to give it a go in the next few days

Ray8888
03-12-2016, 06:26 PM
any of the Blaze pistols,because they are little dual nano mini nade launchers.
Ce/hb/ss

Me too. Considering suping my Elect CE Blaze. Already suped my Precious.

xXxDSMer
03-13-2016, 02:25 AM
There's four on my list, and all get used for different reasons.

what I use most: VOT Blaster.
either syphon PL8, or bio ST.
vot blaster is just the best general use pistol IMO. does not at all require crits to get great dps, but can still crit for a little extra dps.

Warmaster, occasionally:
FRC Particle Ultimag, fire/rad

when I want high crit: HP-6 Wolfhound:
syphon and pl8
or hallow point.

And the good old 1 mag Northstar flare, kept at 1 mag:
quartermaster syn, reloader, blue reload - used with preparedness ego perk and an 8+mag ground pounder for evangels in SV. Until we get velocity rolls available on flares... the flare is just to trigger preparedness for GP ammo. I would use a courier for this setup, but courier changes the aim point - while a flare does not.

r1p
03-13-2016, 05:43 PM
4x mag BHF Blaster (needs mag mastery for 5x mag)
OJ damage, 3x crit fire Wolfhound & jackpot Wildcat (tie)
2x mag, 2x crit bio converted Plate Slicer Wolfhound (needs crit mastery for 3x crit)

ARB82
03-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Now the BHF blaster I would love to see

r1p
03-13-2016, 06:14 PM
Now the BHF blaster I would love to see

Currently has a 104 in the mag. I tried re-mastering it numerous times with no luck. I just can't justify re-mastering it anymore given the fact it will only raise the mag by 3, masteries cost 75 AF a pop (BS), and most of the time it takes way more attempts then it's really worth. Too much grind, too little joy.

Bentu
03-13-2016, 06:29 PM
On xbox na my favourite pistol is a 3x crit Wolfhound, a clan mate Zugo gave it to me as a blue which I then upgraded to oj (you could at the time).
It ended up getting an oj dmg role and I mastered it for crit.
When I ojd it got the Grenadier syn which was a nice syn for it.
Next is my Precious for no other reason than the name.
Next is a x2 dmg Frontier Revolver which I've only just realised how much fun it is when I had a little play with it today.
Going to try and get a 3rd dmg role on it and a t5 barrel and see how it performs.
Next is a x2 crit BHF Blaster. It's mastered for dmg but I might try for the 3rd crit. It also has white +8 mag & oj +24 mag roles.
Lastly a KLOC EVO Pistol cause they're worth 80m now on eu and this is on NA. My luck sucks lol.

Big Jack Shepard
03-13-2016, 08:49 PM
1) Jackcat (I have a Golden Ring too but prefer the Jackcat)

2) KLOC Evo...various nanos

3) Demon Hunter

MDA
03-13-2016, 10:11 PM
1. My mini sniper. With radiation burns and my 1.08x DMG rig it does ~78k crit DMG before nano effects and ~112k under nano effect. I said F' it to the sat mods. Untradeable.

http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon/m=375_r=Supreme_e=Radiation_s=31_me=_b=760;788;782 ;766;775;784_ego=6000_mod=1096;1083;1067;1054_mas= 74_name=DC-5 Golden Ring.jpg

2. Precious (before I sold)

3. VOT Surge Blaster

MDA
03-13-2016, 10:29 PM
*Double post*

Ea Rapture
03-13-2016, 10:44 PM
Currently has a 104 in the mag. I tried re-mastering it numerous times with no luck. I just can't justify re-mastering it anymore given the fact it will only raise the mag by 3, masteries cost 75 AF a pop (BS), and most of the time it takes way more attempts then it's really worth. Too much grind, too little joy.

Defiance data had mag rolls on Pistols listed as +8 for oj, if I recall correctly... Which, if so, it would be worth it to re-master. The 104 mag Blasters are awesome. My Syphon PS one needs a mag mastery, but I'm not sure if I wanna reroll the T4 DMG mastery.

r1p
03-14-2016, 06:32 AM
Defiance data had mag rolls on Pistols listed as +8 for oj, if I recall correctly... Which, if so, it would be worth it to re-master. The 104 mag Blasters are awesome. My Syphon PS one needs a mag mastery, but I'm not sure if I wanna reroll the T4 DMG mastery.

I get what you are saying EA but it still doesn't change my opinion about the cost of re-mastering it. Even at +8 mag it is still too much for a gun that is never leaving my inventory especially given how grindy the game is. I've already wasted at least 1000 AF (roughly $35-$40 worth if you buy it from the store) on this gun alone trying to re-master it and since weapon masteries cost 75 AF and yet are equivalent to a white (5 AF) or green (10 AF) roll it just isn't worth it.