PDA

View Full Version : Without sounding stupid...

ARB82
03-13-2016, 05:11 AM
Ive never used or understood what these are for.

Could someone divulge, preferably without condesending chatter

Thankies

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k424/BlueRotkeV/IMAG1764.jpg

stayloc
03-13-2016, 05:19 AM
You might want to look at this on youtube - should explain --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBD0UO-8OX8

ARB82
03-13-2016, 05:26 AM
Interesting.... think i might be attaching this to something later....

Keeper Riff
03-13-2016, 09:30 AM
I don't understand what the link above was supposed to show. I mean, with 3-burst that gun fired 3 ammo bullets resulting in 9 pellets as it's a split-shot gun. The player could just hold the fire key a little longer for the same effect.

The actual benefits of the 3-Burst are:
1. Convert Heavy Carbine from semi-auto gun to a burst shot.
2. Increase fire rate on full-auto guns exploiting the lack of delay between bursts:
http://postimg.org/image/8ca1e65i7/

The second feature works best on slow-firing guns (cold fire LMG/AR, SAW, FRC Cabine), still affects medium fire rate guns (VBI AR/SMG, VBI Thunder, Mazu), almost negligible on fast-firing guns like Tachmag (could depend on your network latency though) and does not affect burst-fire and split-shot weapons like Blast Rifle.

hempman
03-13-2016, 09:31 AM
stick one on a volge typhoon ar. :)

if you use one on a br with a tactical scope and are a crit headshot player,
youll see the difference immediately.
( or any weapon that you can crit consistently with.)

Hexthat
03-13-2016, 09:34 AM
stick one on a volge typhoon ar. :)

This the only use I have found.

Claydough
03-13-2016, 09:51 AM
you will pick use very small dps gains on certain weapons, however, you add alot of recoil in doing so, and can also lose some sustained dps but going without some reload or mag.

the special case for this mod is the cannoneer casti springer, you will actually gain sustained dps and burst dps using this mod, and due to the casti's rolls, it wont feel sluggish or sloppy with super long reloads or tiny mag size like on a blast rifle.

this may also work with non cannoneer casti's and/or regular pulsers, however, i have only phisically tested can casti's, blast rifles and hog legs (blast rifle gaining 1.7ish fire rate and the hogleg gaining absolutely nothing)

(also, this was tested using screen capture and frame by frame timing, not the usual stop watch/reaction test many stand behind)

Menetekel
03-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Best use I've found is on the frc heavy assault carbine. Takes a on shot per click semi-auto ar and makes it do 3 shot bursts instead per click/trigger pull. Some people claim you get increased Fira on a gun by equipping it but haven't tested that myself yet.

Johnny Gatt
03-13-2016, 10:29 PM
I use them on volge typhoons. I have a few FRC heavies with burst mags as well.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-14-2016, 01:05 AM
Every Heavy FRC I have has a controlled burst on it. Run with a tactical scope, fall off barrel, and hi cap, and you've essentially made a fast firing sniper. Crit shots all day long...

nick145
03-14-2016, 01:46 AM
you dont sound stupid. you should never feel stupid for asking a question. the use of that particular mod is pretty self explanatory and the others took care of the more advanced uses si i dont really have much more to add.

Bentu
03-14-2016, 02:05 AM
Don't know if it's true but I've been told a burst mod will give a BR a bit more umf.

ARB82
03-14-2016, 02:47 AM
you dont sound stupid. you should never feel stupid for asking a question. the use of that particular mod is pretty self explanatory and the others took care of the more advanced uses si i dont really have much more to add.

You'd be surprised, I couldn't ask a question like this in zone/clan chat on Xbox EU for the sake of being made to feel like a d&%$. I wont name names, but the likes of Alta from Wicked, Dremora from Ark Elite, etc. really enjoy bullying folk.

Bentu
03-14-2016, 03:09 AM
You'd be surprised, I couldn't ask a question like this in zone/clan chat on Xbox EU for the sake of being made to feel like a d&%$. I wont name names, but the likes of Alta from Wicked, Dremora from Ark Elite, etc. really enjoy bullying folk.

They only do that because they don't know the answer.

ARB82
03-14-2016, 03:19 AM
I know this and you know this. Still very disheartening to be referred to as a "bitwhore"

Next time ill PM you Bentu :D

Bentu
03-14-2016, 03:39 AM
I know this and you know this. Still very disheartening to be referred to as a "bitwhore"

Next time ill PM you Bentu :D

Honestly mate take no notice of them, they're just kidding you and because they get a reaction carry on.
I don't know the bitwhore analogy.
Let me know here or in a pm.

ARB82
03-14-2016, 04:14 AM
Someone who acquires good stuff throigh the bit store lmao.

Bentu
03-14-2016, 04:35 AM
Someone who acquires good stuff throigh the bit store lmao.

lol so you can afford to buy stuff from the store, don't worry about it.
Sounds like there's a bit of the green eyed monster hiding behind the remarks.

Just don't take it to heart, we're all here to have some fun.

VIC757
03-14-2016, 05:38 AM
Every Heavy FRC I have has a controlled burst on it. Run with a tactical scope, fall off barrel, and hi cap, and you've essentially made a fast firing sniper. Crit shots all day long...

This. Before trion introduce the event syns, my heavy was my go to gun.

dremora ven0m
03-14-2016, 07:01 AM
They only do that because they don't know the answer.

I did know the answer to this tho Bentu & have done for over a year after reading a forum discussion about the burst mag!!

dremora ven0m
03-14-2016, 07:06 AM
lol so you can afford to buy stuff from the store, don't worry about it.
Sounds like there's a bit of the green eyed monster hiding behind the remarks.

Just don't take it to heart, we're all here to have some fun.

I know I dont envy this kid & pretty sure Alta doesnt either.
Plus never seen her say it & I certainly havent called him that!
Guess he just likes the attention!

Bentu
03-14-2016, 08:04 AM
I know I dont envy this kid & pretty sure Alta doesnt either.
Plus never seen her say it & I certainly havent called him that!
Guess he just likes the attention!

He's pulling my chain then is he although I will say I didn't recognise it as being you.

Edit. Though I should imagine chat will be a bit lively later now :)

eaglepowers
03-14-2016, 08:25 AM

You mean controlled burst or hi cap? Maybe Trion should make a gun that can take 2 mods per slot? Would make for an interesting jp.

dremora ven0m
03-14-2016, 02:35 PM
He's pulling my chain then is he although I will say I didn't recognise it as being you.

Edit. Though I should imagine chat will be a bit lively later now :)

can not comment on chat being anything as i am serving a 2wk micrisoft chat ban so no communication allowed on my xbox 360 or xbox 1 till the 26/03 lol
Could be worse I am severing a ban on halowaypoint forums until 2055 for trolling a monitor about slapping them & their team about in grifball back on halo 4 hahaha

Bentu
03-14-2016, 02:44 PM
can not comment on chat being anything as i am serving a 2wk micrisoft chat ban so no communication allowed on my xbox 360 or xbox 1 till the 26/03 lol
Could be worse I am severing a ban on halowaypoint forums until 2055 for trolling a monitor about slapping them & their team about in grifball back on halo 4 hahaha

You don't make things easy for yourself do you :D