PDA

View Full Version : What determines weapon damage?

Ceno
03-14-2016, 05:07 AM
Ok so I bought 2 VBI supply crates and got two of the same weapon, yet the damage on one is quite a bit higher than the other but I'm not sure why. How do weapons obtain thier base damage?

On the picture below, the left gun has 698 damage, the right only 610. I thought it might have been the x.1.03DMG Tier bonus, so I rolled that bonus on the right gun and the damage went from 610 to only 628 damage. So I'm not sure as to how weapons get their damage. Can anyone explain?

http://i.imgur.com/6LKcXv6.jpg

Quicksilver1492
03-14-2016, 05:15 AM
First of all, the weapon on the left has a DMG roll and the the other does not.
Second, nanoless weapons have a higher straight damage output. Weapons with a nano (like fire on the right) take a penalty to their base damage, as it is converted into nano-based damage. Something like that.

SlowEatin
03-14-2016, 08:38 AM
The rolls Quick is talking about is correct as far as the types of "additional qualities" the weapon will have. In addition you will get a one at the mastering the weapon and the MODS will change things as well. IE a uncommon Ionic barrel will add .10 to Crit and Power Barrel will add .05 DMG. All the while as your EGO gets higher and you bring that weapon with you in the RATING, so will the weapons base damage characteristic.

BarrySciFi
03-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Nanoless weapons do 100% damage to health, and 75% damage to shields. Any weapon with any nano receives a 10% damage reduction penalty.

DiskoSvir
03-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Nanoless weapons do 100% damage to health, and 75% damage to shields. Any weapon with any nano receives a 10% damage reduction penalty.

What's the point of nanos then? if we don't use the 2 perks for nano dmg there basically is no point in using guns with nano?

Hexthat
03-14-2016, 09:17 AM
For the hellbug hunt bio and fire and nanoless in with group, radiation if solo

tier 10 nanoless or any nano works fine

Mikellore
03-14-2016, 09:25 AM
not true that nano is useless.... http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?117431-Nano-Effects-Quick-Guide also look up defiance data nano chart

SlowEatin
03-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Rad and Bio nano are awesome. Red burns thru the armor plates Yellow Plate symbol no white stripe) quicker than non-nano. bio burns thru the shields.( white stripe above the red health).
That Shriltech reward for doing 50 invasive and shrill emergence is proof. use that on the flying bugs and you can see the plates and health go away faster.

Ray8888
03-14-2016, 11:12 AM
Rad and Bio nano are awesome. Red burns thru the armor plates Yellow Plate symbol no white stripe) quicker than non-nano. bio burns thru the shields.( white stripe above the red health).
That Shriltech reward for doing 50 invasive and shrill emergence is proof. use that on the flying bugs and you can see the plates and health go away faster.

Rad bypasses plates and Bio destroys plates. Electric destroys sheilds (the white bar).

stefb42
03-14-2016, 11:19 AM
Rad bypasses plates and Bio destroys plates. Electric destroys sheilds (the white bar).

This...

Then there's secondary effects, any enemy procced with rad will take more dmg, with bio enemies slow down and are supposed to deal 50% less dmg though the dmg reduction on enemies seem broke atm, electric electrocutes enemies when procced and makes them dance and of course while they're dancing they ain't shooting

pew pew pew
03-14-2016, 02:09 PM
What's the point of nanos then? if we don't use the 2 perks for nano dmg there basically is no point in using guns with nano?That's some kind of overall issue, much people are going for damage numbers only :) Hope you got now behind the nano effects and their use with the given link by Mikellore.

Also... I was happy about a few nanoless event weapons if I've had no use for either reload mod or higher magazine mod (sometimes you also don't benefit much from using either one). So I've use a converter on a nanoless weapon to get "10% extra damage" compared to natural born nano weapons :)

Atticus Batman
03-15-2016, 04:55 AM
That's some kind of overall issue, much people are going for damage numbers only :) Hope you got now behind the nano effects and their use with the given link by Mikellore.

Also... I was happy about a few nanoless event weapons if I've had no use for either reload mod or higher magazine mod (sometimes you also don't benefit much from using either one). So I've use a converter on a nanoless weapon to get "10% extra damage" compared to natural born nano weapons :)

A nanoless converted to nano does not do 10% more damage than a natural born nano. When converting a gun to a nano it's damage changes to reflect the nano that you changed it to. So it would do the same damage as a natural nano gun that is the same type of gun and has all the same rolls.

The only way non-nanos converted to nano would have 10% more damage than a natural born nano of the exact same type, would be if you converted a jackpot weapon (witch gets a 10% jackpot damage bonus) and then compare it to a non-jackpot version of the gun.

nick145
03-15-2016, 05:01 AM
A nanoless converted to nano does not do 10% more damage than a natural born nano. When converting a gun to a nano it's damage changes to reflect the nano that you changed it to. So it would do the same damage as a natural nano gun that is the same type of gun and has all the same rolls.

The only way non-nanos converted to nano would have 10% more damage than a natural born nano of the exact same type, would be if you converted a jackpot weapon (witch gets a 10% jackpot damage bonus) and then compare it to a non-jackpot version of the gun.

exactly i couldnt have said it better myself

SlowEatin
03-15-2016, 07:59 AM

Electric would work as it works when we get hit. Our HUDs go down. The enemy doesn't shoot as straight. I didn't find the shields go down as fast as when using the bio.

WhiteStrike
03-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Electric would work as it works when we get hit. Our HUDs go down. The enemy doesn't shoot as straight. I didn't find the shields go down as fast as when using the bio.
Radiation: Bypasses 2,5 Armor Plates
Biological: Deals extra damage against Plates
Electric: Deals 50% extra damage against Shields
Fire: Deals 50% extra damage against Health
Syphon: Has innate Lifesteal & Shieldsteal and has a proc that boosts the Lifesteal/Shieldsteal of the proc'ing shot.

Kuroro
03-15-2016, 08:50 AM
what determines damage?
-synergy
-rolls
-mastery
-mods
-nano or not
-ciber rig effects
-ciber chips
-perks
-ego power activated or not
-dmg spikes

GreekPoor
03-16-2016, 11:57 AM
what determines damage?
-synergy
-rolls
-mastery
-mods
-nano or not
-ciber rig effects
-ciber chips
-perks
-ego power activated or not
-dmg spikes

I had a VOTAN FLASH RIFLE MK II blue radiation with 3486 damage. I upgraded to purple and damage is 3717. I put T4 mod and the damage is 4050. Everything is fine. BUT when I place it to loadout with perk radiation and cyber rig omni instigator mk iii purple the damage REDUCED to 3858. This happens with every gun I upgrade. What's wrong?

Logain
03-16-2016, 12:01 PM
I had a VOTAN FLASH RIFLE MK II blue radiation with 3486 damage. I upgraded to purple and damage is 3717. I put T4 mod and the damage is 4050. Everything is fine. BUT when I place it to loadout with perk radiation and cyber rig omni instigator mk iii purple the damage REDUCED to 3858. This happens with every gun I upgrade. What's wrong?

4050 is almost exactly 1.05x 3858. Do you happen to have Saturnalia Synergy gun equipped when looking at the Flash Rifle? If so there is a known display bug that applies the [3] Saturnalia bonus (+5% DMG) to the weapon card when looking at it when the Saturnalia synergy gun is equipped. Even in the off hand.

EDIT: If not I would look to see where that extra 5% DMG is coming from.

Kuroro
03-16-2016, 12:02 PM
check your main loadout,maybe the rig you are using there has dmg chips and the other does not

GreekPoor
03-16-2016, 12:44 PM
4050 is 1350x3 damage without putting it into any loadout. The weird is that when I change loadout even though the weapon is not equipped at all in any loadout the damage changes randomly to 1402x3=4206 or 1350x3=4050. Things are even worst if i place it in any loadout. The damage reduces dramatically. It has no saturnalia synergy. It only needs another outlaw weapon to activate outlow +5%damage from last shot in clip. And if I put it together with anoter outlaw weapon and its 5% damage is activated the damage is REDUCED to 1286x3=3858.

Yes you have every right. I had a saturnalia weapon in loadout. 3858 is the right damage without the saturnalia weapon equiped. Thank you very much.

GreekPoor
03-16-2016, 12:56 PM
Bytheway I see in zone chat are selling fop weapons. What is fop?

xXxDSMer
03-17-2016, 02:44 AM
not true that nano is useless.... http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?117431-Nano-Effects-Quick-Guide also look up defiance data nano chart

Please do not reference obscenely out of date material.

Current info can be found here: http://www.defiancedata.com/page=15/nano-effects
Which is mostly accurate, but still maintained.
IIRC electric on bare burning health is 125% instead of 100%. that 100% figure is from back when electric by itself only did 50% dmg to bare health... but electric on health got buffed by 25%, and burning bare health targets take 50% extra dmg from non-fire damage types, so 125% electric does on burning bare health

c'mon batman... I know you know JPs are 5% dmg ;P
However: vbi vendor weapons like the ones in the OP - do get a 10% dmg bonus (along with vbi vendor's backpack syn, plus tnt and soleptor's backpack and mod syns - prepared, hard boiled, ego precision, scavenger... and can't remember vbi or soleptor backpack syn names off top of my head)

pew pew pew
03-17-2016, 04:07 AM

The only way non-nanos converted to nano would have 10% more damage than a natural born nano of the exact same type, would be if you converted a jackpot weapon (witch gets a 10% jackpot damage bonus) and then compare it to a non-jackpot version of the gun.Why does had my fire converted Hallow Point SMG kept the same damage number after converting it?

Ray8888
03-17-2016, 09:48 AM
Rob the elect numbers on DD are also out of date. It does 150% to burning.

xXxDSMer
03-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Rob the elect numbers on DD are also out of date. It does 150% to burning.

With DLC5 active, ~140% (its 90% with dlc5 on 0 plate bare health, no burning or irradiated effects, and burning bare health adds 50% dmg to all non-fire damage types)

But yeah... DD should probably be updated to 125% for electric on burning bare health (75+50=125) - since none of the other numbers on that page account for DLC5 perks

hempman
03-17-2016, 06:05 PM
Bytheway I see in zone chat are selling fop weapons. What is fop?
fop = flames of passion synergy on the weapons.
these are the Dual nano weapons they created last month.
the guns will have whatever nano as primary and then when you Fully Mod the weapon,
it will have 2 nanos and set them on fire as well.
personally,i love them.
jmo

i reccommend u try an electric/fire weapon.