PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 EGO Powers?

Albred85
04-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I can't seem to purchase a third EGO Power. I have Cloak and Overcharge, but I want to get Decoy. If I highlight it, there is no option to unlock it. If you can only have 2, then how can I reset my EGO Powers? If I can't reset my EGO Powers, then GG Trion.

Exes
04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
I can't seem to purchase a third EGO Power. I have Cloak and Overcharge, but I want to get Decoy. If I highlight it, there is no option to unlock it. If you can only have 2, then how can I reset my EGO Powers? If I can't reset my EGO Powers, then GG Trion.

Pretty sure there was a respec button.

Psyqhical
04-06-2013, 04:27 PM
You need to work your way up to the Ego perk like a chain, then it will unlock. Don't worry, once you're max level you'll have all perks maxed out.

Jestunhi
04-06-2013, 04:27 PM

There is.

Also, silly question but I assume you have unlocked all the perks between what you have unlocked and the one you are trying to unlock?

MeRcFrtyFr
04-06-2013, 04:28 PM

Its Y on xbox and assuming that would make it triangle on ps3 pc no clue srry.

budha
04-06-2013, 04:39 PM
on the pc it is a tab button on the lower left corner of the perks page.

Skeety
04-06-2013, 04:41 PM
They changed things at launch. Unlike during Beta, now you have to complete a vertical or horizontal line of perks between a Power you already have and the one you want to get. You only need 1 point in each of those Perks though. You now always have to start off with the top left Power too, you can't just pick any other Power to be your 1st one.

Choppanob
04-06-2013, 04:41 PM
You need to work your way up to the Ego perk like a chain, then it will unlock. Don't worry, once you're max level you'll have all perks maxed out.

This it the case. you can get to the Overcharge realy easy because you have unlocked the Scavenger perk from the Arkfall codes on your EGO page.
So only need 1 point to unlock Ovepowered because that perk is nexst to it.
For the rest you need to work you way to them (2 of them if you picked a different one then overpowered perk at start)

Defy
04-06-2013, 04:49 PM
I think u can respec for a fee

LinkToReality
04-06-2013, 04:51 PM
You now always have to start off with the top left Power too, you can't just pick any other Power to be your 1st one.

This is untrue, you can start with any of the four powers...
I started with Overcharge and a friend with Cloak.

Albred85
04-06-2013, 05:09 PM
They changed things at launch. Unlike during Beta, now you have to complete a vertical or horizontal line of perks between a Power you already have and the one you want to get. You only need 1 point in each of those Perks though. You now always have to start off with the top left Power too, you can't just pick any other Power to be your 1st one.

Thank you sir. That's what I'll need to do then. I'm Ego 1,002 and wasn't sure if additional EGO Powers were available like the Perk slots were. I have perks scattered all over, but no direct line to that power.

Thanks again :)

EDIT: As far as respeccing goes, I see no Respec button within the Powers menu. (Y) [Xbox] does nothing when I press it, and I see no options below other than "Back."

crs
04-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Thank you sir. That's what I'll need to do then. I'm Ego 1,002 and wasn't sure if additional EGO Powers were available like the Perk slots were. I have perks scattered all over, but no direct line to that power.

Thanks again :)

EDIT: As far as respeccing goes, I see no Respec button within the Powers menu. (Y) [Xbox] does nothing when I press it, and I see no options below other than "Back."

How in the world can anyone be ego 1000-plus?

I've played every day since launch and I'm just 200 plus.

Albred85
04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
How in the world can anyone be ego 1000-plus?

I've played every day since launch and I'm just 200 plus.

Systematic questing with a friend.

reciprocate
04-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Just wanna add this, I may be wrong, but I've respec'ed twice and the scrip cost is 10*EGO. When I was around EGO 410, costs me 4100 scrip to do the respec, and at an earlier time when I messed soemthing up, I respec'ed around EGO 150 for 1500 scrip. It seems like it would get costlier the higher you level.

CidxLucy
04-10-2013, 09:49 AM
This it the case. you can get to the Overcharge realy easy because you have unlocked the Scavenger perk from the Arkfall codes on your EGO page.
So only need 1 point to unlock Ovepowered because that perk is nexst to it.
For the rest you need to work you way to them (2 of them if you picked a different one then overpowered perk at start)

Are you sure about this? I am not saying you are wrong just seeing if you are correct. I am out now so I can't test this.
I know you can't unlocked with just Scavenger you may need to have to buy the perk north or east of Scavenger to make it unlock but I am not sure.

Can anyone answer this?

dirtyklingon
04-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Are you sure about this? I am not saying you are wrong just seeing if you are correct. I am out now so I can't test this.
I know you can't unlocked with just Scavenger you may need to have to buy the perk north or east of Scavenger to make it unlock but I am not sure.

Can anyone answer this?

you are correct. you'd have to buy one that directly borders it.

same for other perks you don't start with, you have to buy down/up/left/right to one of the perks that border the power, spend a point in that perk, then next point you can spend on the power.

Shima
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Considering there's part of a pursuit that requires you to get every single perk, it should be obvious you can obtain all 4 eventually (I actually already have all 4 just cause I don't really know what else to go for at the moment).

CidxLucy
04-10-2013, 11:17 AM
you are correct. you'd have to buy one that directly borders it.

same for other perks you don't start with, you have to buy down/up/left/right to one of the perks that border the power, spend a point in that perk, then next point you can spend on the power.

and you get a cookie. Thanks