PDA

View Full Version : clan chat not working

rookangelofmercy
04-06-2013, 04:43 PM
the title says it all. I run a clan http://frontierpoliceforce.enjin.com/ and the in game chat does not work. also the typing does not work. IS there a way to change the chat in the corner from a simple single line that disappears after a few moments (which I nenver notice if i am in combat) to a box that stays longer so I do not consistently have to press the enter button to see if I missed anything?

I always have clan member complaining about not being able to type in clan chat. what is the deal? are we doing something wrong?

Veramir
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Same thing, I do not know if the clan does not read what i post or they can not see it but it is eerely quiet and not normal for no one to talk.
Heck even global seems weird and quiet, like people dont say anything? Maybe is the chat or the fact that w/e you write dissapears a second later and no one bothers to go back to see what was written.

Quirky
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I know this might not apply to you but if you turn off voice it disables the Chat (Last time I checked). Could be down to that, either way they need to make some improvements.

Eralrik
04-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Only way I know of to keep the chat screen open is to have it up so it envelopes the whole screen but then you can't really do anything else. Not a very efficient design.
Coarse they lowered the time our vehicles disappear so now you jump off your 4 wheeler turn in the mission jump back on and start to roll and it disappears right out from under you, that's annoying.

Chat is something I hoe their working on cause it feels so lonely and when there are people an you compliment them on saving your hide or you accidently blow up a barrel an they catch fire <Sorry Grimkiss> cause you thought they were bad guys you type something an no reply's back. Someone said if you disable the mic it turns off your chat box also can't remember.

Destany
04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Our clan (Pure Rage) chat is also not working (apologies to all my new recruits for that), but nothing seems to fix it, i ask if they can see what i am writing, no responses. All we can see is announcements when someone logs on/off.

Ikagawa
04-06-2013, 08:40 PM
The chat doesn't work for anyone. Everyone just has to put up with Trion screwing the pooch on that front until they get done rolling around in their hills of money.

Dan3000au
04-06-2013, 08:42 PM
turn off the Voice chat does still turn off ALL CHATS, a fix for this is coming in the big patch on the 15th

Dan3000au
04-06-2013, 08:43 PM
The chat doesn't work for anyone. Everyone just has to put up with Trion screwing the pooch on that front until they get done rolling around in their hills of money.
there nor rolling around they have to fix and patch the bigest problems first tho some can not be fixed till the 15th

Ikagawa
04-06-2013, 08:45 PM
there nor rolling around they have to fix and patch the bigest problems first tho some can not be fixed till the 15th

The only things that can't be patched until the 15th are those directly related to content that is showing up when the show premieres. Chat functionality is not something they have to wait to fix.

Edit: And chat is a big problem. This game is touted as an MMO, but the main ways for people to communicate with one another don't work.