PDA

View Full Version : D&D

Grey
02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Top top nerds unite c:

Market
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
running a game this Friday, actually!! must have SOMEthing to distract from the wait until April 2nd!!

and I have new dice =)

DFawkes
02-19-2013, 04:02 PM
I've always wanted to do some D&D, but none of my friends are quite as nerdy as me so they have no interest. I do have a couple of old rulebooks though, as it's still nice to read the lore and know the rules. Plus a nice 20-sided die feels like a precious gem :)

I know there are online ways to play it, but it's best experienced in a social group (I did manage to get a game going once of a similar game based on the Fighting Fantasy book system) all in the same room. Possibly best served with alcohol, but I'll leave that to the individuals.

Dead_Phoenix
02-19-2013, 05:42 PM
never got much into D&D, did used to be a big warhammer fan tho.

Grey
02-19-2013, 09:54 PM
never got much into D&D, did used to be a big warhammer fan tho.

gotta give respect for being able to shell out the cash for some of the warhammer pieces some of them cost major $$$$

but yea I just jumped back into D&D well actually it's AD&D lot less broke then the current D&D

Midniteryu
02-19-2013, 10:41 PM
gotta give respect for being able to shell out the cash for some of the warhammer pieces some of them cost major $$$$

but yea I just jumped back into D&D well actually it's AD&D lot less broke then the current D&D

I own the core rulebooks for 4th, but I use my old 3.5 set which I have a quarter of the books but have a friend with access to all of them. I used to run games once a week with co-workers. I've been playing D&D since I was 13. Once my kids get old enough that's going to be our Friday night game night , lol.

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 01:56 AM

yea it aint cheap, i got an eye poppingly large amount of models. taken me YEARS to collect.

playing is fun, although i havnt had a game in years,i mostly buy to paint them up nowadays

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 01:58 AM
yea it aint cheap, i got an eye poppingly large amount of models. taken me YEARS to collect.

playing is fun, although i havnt had a game in years,i mostly buy to paint them up nowadays

I think the immediate install price for a good set of warhammer figures is why I never got into it.

Played with a friend once it was a blast.

Fiancee
02-20-2013, 06:56 AM
I used to play tabletop when I was young.. Ive tried to even found new mates to play with but most people dont even know what those means these days.

D&D is more fun than play poker or cards.

Someone should bring tabletop D&D to mainstream!

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
I used to play tabletop when I was young.. Ive tried to even found new mates to play with but most people dont even know what those means these days.

D&D is more fun than play poker or cards.

Someone should bring D&D to mainstream!

Diablo? stupid 10 character miniuim...

Fiancee
02-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Diablo? stupid 10 character miniuim...

I dont understand you.. I played Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Cyberpunk back in the days, etc etc.

Maybe Blizzard should get things rolling and make WoW tabletop. Robert Kotick, money money money.

Grey
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
i dont understand you.. I played dragonlance, forgotten realms, ravenloft, dark sun, cyberpunk back in the days, etc etc.

Maybe blizzard should get things rolling and make wow tabletop. Robert kotick, money money money.

sshh don't mention money ea might get ideas

DFawkes
02-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Maybe Blizzard should get things rolling and make WoW tabletop. Robert Kotick, money money money.

Warcraft Miniature Game (http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Warcraft-Miniatures-Game-Core/dp/B0019EQTOM) is pretty much that, isn't? Looks pretty good too. I'd be tempted if I hadn't sunk so much money into the WoW Card Game, Warhammer 40k, Magic The Gathering and goodness knows how many other things over the years ;)

For D&D all I have is this set (http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Dragon-Quest-Game/dp/1560765526), which is old and rather basic now, though still playable enough in theory, though as I say I've never had a full game going.

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Some of the older version of D&D are better to play in my opinion than the newer one ( 4th Edition).

Grey
02-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Some of the older version of D&D are better to play in my opinion than the newer one ( 4th Edition).
YUS! c: :cool:

ivantputsky
02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
D&D, AD&D,BATTLETECH ,RIFT,CYBERPUNK,TMNT, and after writing this i realize i am such a nerd lol oh and dare i say Magic!

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 05:43 PM
I have the Rifts books too, lol.

Jordan5680
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM

My personal favorite was Forgotten Realms.

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 06:56 PM
My personal favorite was Forgotten Realms.

That last campaign I did was in that setting and I have to admit it is my favorite as well, i tried Dark sun & Eberon, didn't get into them as much.

Market
02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
I think the immediate install price for a good set of warhammer figures is why I never got into it.

Played with a friend once it was a blast.

tell me about it! I spent hundreds back when I was playing... spent weeks painting them all... for about 4 years, I ran demos of W40K over a weekend at a local gaming convention... all of them were stolen when I moved West... still burns me that I don't have them... lol

thankfully, I still have my "wall of shame"... three shelves of gaming materials... the D&D game I'm running is 2nd Ed, I know it's archaic but it's what I'm most accustomed to... lol got some Shadowrun, GURPS, Heavy Gear, Vampire (table and LARP), even Gamma World stuck in there somewhere...

anyone ever hear of Battlelords of the 23rd Century? really sick system, but complicated as frak...

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 07:26 PM
tell me about it! I spent hundreds back when I was playing... spent weeks painting them all... for about 4 years, I ran demos of W40K over a weekend at a local gaming convention... all of them were stolen when I moved West... still burns me that I don't have them... lol

thankfully, I still have my "wall of shame"... three shelves of gaming materials... the D&D game I'm running is 2nd Ed, I know it's archaic but it's what I'm most accustomed to... lol got some Shadowrun, GURPS, Heavy Gear, Vampire (table and LARP), even Gamma World stuck in there somewhere...

anyone ever hear of Battlelords of the 23rd Century? really sick system, but complicated as frak...

Haven't heard of Battlelords, but the rest sound familiar.

Market
02-20-2013, 07:35 PM
most of the really hardcore table top gamers I've met haven't ever heard of it... it was written by a group of guys in Buffalo, NY... I lived kinda near there, so our gaming shop carried it... they're still in print, even coming up with a new revision of the main rules... it's one of those sleeper games... not many know about it, but the ones that do are usually huge fans...

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I've stuck with D&D 3.5 ran two campaigns in that setting and 1 in Rifts. Right now I don't have a group so all I've been doing is setting up scenario's, 1 off adventures, and 2 campaign idea's. The reason for this is I intend to get my kids into it when they get old enough and I want some stuff ready to go for them.

Market
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
I've stuck with D&D 3.5 ran two campaigns in that setting and 1 in Rifts. Right now I don't have a group so all I've been doing is setting up scenario's, 1 off adventures, and 2 campaign idea's. The reason for this is I intend to get my kids into it when they get old enough and I want some stuff ready to go for them.

YES!! this is exactly what I did, too!!!! I met my wife of 14 years when our son was 10... he sat in on gaming sessions several times and finally felt like he could keep it all straight... now he's got a fine collection of books he's always adding to... we both have 3rd ed, but we always end up with 2nd...

the one I'm running right now isn't anything with a grand story, I've got two brand new players and I don't want to bog them down with a grand picture their first time out... lol

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Yeah I remember those sessions, my little sister made a spell caster and charges a knoll think she can go toe to toe for her first adventure.... Did not end well, lol.

D351
02-21-2013, 12:13 PM
GURPS is geekier. Waiting until I finish watching the original series (the remake was good, but so far the original is better) to break in to my near-perfect condition copy of GURPS: The Prisoner... I'm so proud.

Grey
02-21-2013, 07:41 PM
GURPS is geekier. Waiting until I finish watching the original series (the remake was good, but so far the original is better) to break in to my near-perfect condition copy of GURPS: The Prisoner... I'm so proud.

Yes. So many yeses