PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 version

ZurkaFiend
02-19-2013, 05:00 PM
I have a question that may or may not have been answered. How often will the Xbox 360 version of Defiance be patched for updates and bug fixes?
The big thing with this type of game is that it will be ever growing and need constant management of bugs and glitches. It's just the nature of a game that is this ambitious.
I know that Trion is great with updates and hot fixes for their games on the PC that are already out and was just wondering if they will be able to do the same thing with the 360 version as well seeing as how things have to pass through Microsoft first which could delay fixes and what not.
Many of my friends will be purchasing this for the 360 and I would like to join them but if it can't stay up to date like the PC version I may just go that route.

Dead_Phoenix
02-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Lance has already told us that it will be updated as regularly as the pc. i think. i cant find his exact post but im sure i saw it....

ZurkaFiend
02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
If that is the case then I bow to Trion. I have liked them as a company ever since I started doing beta weekends of Rift. They did what they had to do to get the game fixed where needed as quickly as possible.
The main thing I was worried about was that I thought I remembered hearing that Microsoft not only had to basically inspect all patches but they also charged a fee to the developer for every patch/updated they did which in turn would take longer to patch and maybe not be as cost effective for Trion.

Smitch
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Lance has already told us that it will be updated as regularly as the pc. i think. i cant find his exact post but im sure i saw it....

The question then becomes...how often is the PC client getting updated... >.<

Dead_Phoenix
02-19-2013, 05:33 PM
ok im sure i saw it, iv been looking for the post but cant find it sorry :( unless i got that wrong...

Midniteryu
02-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, Trion from what I've heard has done really great online games ( my PC was unable to handle any of them :( ) but in the last year 360 and perhaps MS have been show slight signs of improvement to newer gaming models. The most recent examples ( these are mention for they're accepted play models not for how good they are ) Mass effect 3's MP has a virtual store in game and Happy Wars is the first F2P game complete with virtual store as well. So who knows maybe Trion will be able to take advanatage of this new trend and be able to update the 360 version as often as the pc.

JellyBean
02-19-2013, 06:34 PM
there are a couple interviews where it will almost be weekly to follow with cross-over events with the show. So I guess a simple answer is weekly with new content and updates, the big DLC's though there is no word on.

StolenPaper18
02-19-2013, 06:59 PM
I think it was Lance who said that a lot of the bug fixes and updates they can do on their end, directly on the server, instead of having to go through Microsoft. Though I would imagine anything major would still have to go through Microsoft.

Blazing Paddles
02-19-2013, 07:18 PM
The main thing I was worried about was that I thought I remembered hearing that Microsoft not only had to basically inspect all patches but they also charged a fee to the developer for every patch/updated they did which in turn would take longer to patch and maybe not be as cost effective for Trion.

They inspect patches. Something like a hot fix can be done without their involvement. Borderlands 2 devs, GearBox has been doing hot fixes with regularity since the game came out last year.

ZurkaFiend
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Thank you everyone for you answers and insight. I didn't think about the server side fixes that Trion can do on their end to fix the bugs and such.

Bar6arian
02-19-2013, 09:35 PM

You are correct sir but as you I do not have the exact info

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 01:25 AM
You are correct sir but as you I do not have the exact info

thank you for confirming im not going mad. yet