PDA

View Full Version : Weapon synergy question

Atlas TKD
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Question: What are the synergy classes for uncommon weapons?

Possibly starting over just so I can have synergy with something I like using all the time. Everything aside I like smgs, beserker shotguns and something I just found called a flare gun.

If you can post uncommon weapon synergy, weapons characters do not start off with that would help me either stick with my class or more carefully chose a new one.

MattN
04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
As far as I know, class you choose is only starting weapon you prefer. Different synergy mods can be use by everyone no matter class.

Example of synergy that I think is good:

1. Assault: FRC SAW with upgraded magazine and any high cap shotguns, combine with prepareness perk. Use AR if you like a lot of headshots.
2. Sniper: Bolt action sniper rifle and upgraded +4 mag on a Flare gun or SMG, combine with the 2 perks that after full reloads will recharge and prolong ego powers (near decoy)
3. Explosive: Grenade launcher, and cluster shotgun (shoot nades) combine with explosive perks around Overcharge.
4. Bull rush pistol (knock back) combine with Intimidation perk.

Atlas TKD
04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm just wondering which weapons go with which class besides the ones that characters start off with.

Is synergy based off of weapon type or is there a synergy type?

scrawnypaleman
04-06-2013, 07:40 PM
There are no classes. Synergy is not character based, it is mod based. The "classes" you are thinking of, mean nothing other than starting costume and weapon. The fact that I started off as an Outlaw hasn't changed that I now use an infector as my main weapon.

Rogue13
04-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Weapons can have synergies with your origin (veteran, survivalist, outlaw, machinist) which I presume means there will be mods with the same synergies (I have yet to see one). Weapon mods come in synergy sets, so far Brutal is the main one people seem to be seeing, gained from lockboxes, the mod type and weapon class are random, so getting 2, 3 or all 4 mods for a particular weapon class can be expensive/difficult, and of course, getting the right weapon to use them on too...

a4nic8er
04-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Not to be confused with Synergy Mods for weapons?

Spiegel
04-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Some of the Synergies have the same name as the origins, but anyone can use them.
In fact everyone can use everything in this game.

Jomina
04-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Weapons can have synergies with your origin (veteran, survivalist, outlaw, machinist) which I presume means there will be mods with the same synergies (I have yet to see one). Weapon mods come in synergy sets, so far Brutal is the main one people seem to be seeing, gained from lockboxes, the mod type and weapon class are random, so getting 2, 3 or all 4 mods for a particular weapon class can be expensive/difficult, and of course, getting the right weapon to use them on too...

This is where I am a little confused, as well. I have a flare gun that offers a Survivalist synergy (pretty nice one at that lol).

Is that meaning a survivalist synergy that is a mod on a weapon, or the fact that I am a survivalist, and other origins will NOT get that bonus? or if I were to give it to someone else, would they see their OWN origin on there?

i.e will i find more survivalist mods later that I can plant into the weapon and get the synergy bonuses?

Rogue13
04-06-2013, 08:01 PM
You can use the weapon, but you won't get the synergy bonus unless you are the right origin. So far all the origin synergies I have seen are [2] which I take to mean your origin [1], and the weapon [1]. Hopefully more will appear to give a little more differentiation to the origins without locking them into classes.

Daergar
04-08-2013, 10:16 AM
You can use the weapon, but you won't get the synergy bonus unless you are the right origin. So far all the origin synergies I have seen are [2] which I take to mean your origin [1], and the weapon [1]. Hopefully more will appear to give a little more differentiation to the origins without locking them into classes.

Sorry, but that's completely wrong. There are no classes and your starting character's backstory has zero impact on the game, minus what outfit and gun you start off with. Period.

BleakPanther
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Fact time:

1) Starting origin has no relation to synergy outside of some sharing a name. Which is where confusion comes in.

2) The numbers are an indication of how many mods that share the synergy have to be on the weapon that has the same synergy.

For example weapon A has synergy "Survivalist" and 4 listed effects. For each mod (Stock,scope, barrel, magazine) added that has the "Survivalist" synergy one of the effects is activated sequentially. Once all kitted out the gun will be a bad mamma-jamma, depending on the synergy of course.

RextintorZ
04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Fact time:

1) Starting origin has no relation to synergy outside of some sharing a name. Which is where confusion comes in.

2) The numbers are an indication of how many mods that share the synergy have to be on the weapon that has the same synergy.

For example weapon A has synergy "Survivalist" and 4 listed effects. For each mod (Stock,scope, barrel, magazine) added that has the "Survivalist" synergy one of the effects is activated sequentially. Once all kitted out the gun will be a bad mamma-jamma, depending on the synergy of course.

So that means you get all 4 effects? Or only the highest (if you attached enough mods for that)?

------

AgentMytho
04-08-2013, 10:37 AM
This whole synergy thing is confusing.

I have an Outlaw origin.
I have a weapon that gives synergy to: "Run-and-Gun" with bonuses at [1] [2] [3] and [4]
I am assuming these are module slots, although I have never seen or been awarded a module with the "Run-and-Gun" synergy descriptor (although I strongly suspect that is what the weapon synergy is refering to).

I have seen synergy mods for sale at vendors (for influces i believe). But my influence is so low I can't afford them. Additionally it is unclear how the game decices what synergy to give you, is it the primariy equiped weapon? what if that weapon doesn't have a synergy (it is just a white level weapon).

jetah
04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
The numbers (1), (2), etc are an indication of the bonuses if you have said number of that Synergy equipped on the weapon.

Some weapons will include 2 mods that will give you the second bonus. If you add a 3rd mod, you'll get the 3rd bonus (sometimes you'll get the 2nd bonus + 3rd bonus). Add a 4th mod and you'll get the 4th bonus.

The Synergy groups have different names as well, Survivalist, Brutal, etc. You need to match these for the bonuses to become active. (i guess you could use 1 of a said set to get 4 bonuses, but meh).

Nikbeezy
04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Arctic Fox
04-08-2013, 10:45 AM
SO SERIOUSLY NOW.... just how do these work then? half the people post 'Synergy matches your Origin' and the other half post "Origin has nothing to do with anything other than starting gear' (which is what I thought I understood from the get go)

Now I'm second guessing myself here. so what is it? can someone who actually KNOWS post it up here? Too much contradiction going on here involving synergies and I think we can all benefit from a proper Dev explaination...

Roark24601
04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I believe it works like this:

Step one: Find a weapon that states what bonuses it gets from a given synergy

Step two: Find a mod with the same synergy and place it on the weapon for bonus #1

Step three: Repeat until all four mods of the same synergy are placed on the weapon to unlock bonuses 1-4.

Step four: None. You are done.

jetah
04-08-2013, 10:49 AM
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jetah/screenshot/884104767808581479

Lets look at an example. Reference the image above.

This gun has a Set bonus for the Mods. If I find more Machinist Mods I could equip this gun to gain better bonuses. These Synergy Mods are nothing more then Set Items.

The Machinist set with [2] mods gives the bonus of Take 5% less damage while reloading. (when the server is back up I'll look for the other set items if i have them.)

Origions have nothing to do with these mods. EVERY player can have ANY of the Synergy mods AND get the bonuses.

Also note, You get buy Synergy Mods (randomly) from the Lockbox Merchant.

Hecate
04-08-2013, 10:50 AM
So not only do we need the mods with the synergy listed on them the weapon must be compatible with the synergy? That is one extreme barrier for entry. The only weapons with Synergies I have seen are on the faction vendors. Never have I seen a dropped weapon with one which means only the faction vendor Synergies are even possible to take advantage of at this time.

BleakPanther
04-08-2013, 10:56 AM
So not only do we need the mods with the synergy listed on them the weapon must be compatible with the synergy? That is one extreme barrier for entry. The only weapons with Synergies I have seen are on the faction vendors. Never have I seen a dropped weapon with one which means only the faction vendor Synergies are even possible to take advantage of at this time.

Not true. The higher rarities all have a chance to have synergy but "random is random". I've seen synergy on purple/orange weapons that were pulled from lockboxes and dropped. The mods on the other hand, I haven't paid much attention to.

Kaylee Frye
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
yeah the synergies are mod types. certain vendors offer certain synergy mods. ie- Top Notch ToolWorks offers the Well Prepared Synergy i think. not positive. anyway the numbers underneath of the weapon description mean you will get that type of weapon perk if you have that many matching synergy mods. for example where it says something like [3] 10% ammo regen per second, if you have 3 synergy mods for the type it says you will get that perk assigned to the gun. sounds confusing because im sure i didn't explain it as well as i could have.

Grimwyrd
04-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Starting at about 650 EGO, most blues at Vendor Specials or as drops are coming to me with the origin-themed synergies (Machinist, Survivalist, Outlaw, or Veteran). So I have dozens of weapons needing [2] in those synergies.

However, as of 766 EGO I have yet to see ANY mods with Machinist, Survivalist, Outlaw, or Veteran. I've gotten Brutal, Run-N-Gun and Scavenger mods from keycode mod caches or Vendor Specials... but nothing that would help complete the bonus on ALL the blues I am now getting. This leads me to wonder if the system is messed up.

If I had to guess... I would say that the there was a time when Origin was going to "mean" something and these origin-themed synergies were developed with the idea of a Veteran character coming with one free level of Veteran synergy. But the idea got trash-canned, so that all characters would be equal and nobody ever went back and added synergy mods for the origins.

Has anyone seen any mods with Veteran, Machinist, Survivalist or Outlaw in launch?

As it is, I don't care too much... because those synergies aren't that beneficial. I am much more interested to know at what EGO rating I'll start getting Assassin/Cannoneer synergy mods out of the keycode mod caches and Vendor Specials...

Flak
04-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Every purple weapon I've gotten (all mob drops, haven't been lucky with lock boxes) have synergies. Though, I have yet to find a "synergy" mod, dropped or on a vendor.

Swampster
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Without fail.. every single mod I've got from the synergy mod cache.. has been from the Brutal set, that's about 15 so far, so yeah I'm guessing something isn't right! :mad:

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Without fail.. every single mod I've got from the synergy mod cache.. has been from the Brutal set, that's about 15 so far, so yeah I'm guessing something isn't right! :mad:

Have the same problem, so I stopped buying them. After getting like 10 brutals when I don't even play that way... ugh.

Grimwyrd
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I got all Brutals at lower EGO, but have started getting the occasional Run-N-Gun now from Keycode Mod Chaches. I have still never seen a Survivalist, Outlaw, Machinist, or Veteran mod.

I was able to verify that you can put two Brutal mods into a gun that has Survivalist and get the Brutal rewards, so if the gun has an inherent synergy...it doesn't stop you from putting other synergy mods into it.

TigrisMorte
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Come to think of it the 3 or so lock box synergy mods I've bought have been "brutal" as well.
hmmm, perhaps Denmark doth of fish stank?

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I was able to verify that you can put two Brutal mods into a gun that has Survivalist and get the Brutal rewards, so if the gun has an inherent synergy...it doesn't stop you from putting other synergy mods into it.

Are you absolutely sure about this? have seen people say that the other synergies don't work.

Grimwyrd
04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Are you absolutely sure about this? have seen people say that the other synergies don't work.

Absolutely, 100%, totally sure. I saw people hypothesizing that the synergy on the gun dictated what synergy mods could go into it. I was pretty sure that was incorrect, so I tested it before saying anything.

The Infector has Survivalist. I went to Mt. Tam and smacked a bunch of mutant riflemen with it, and was doing 891 damage with melee. I added two Brutal mods and was immediately doing 1025 melee damage (+15%, the combination of level 1's +5% and level 2's +10%).

If I ever saw a Survivalist mod, I could test to see if you could mix synergies in the same gun. I think you can, but can't be sure.

I think there are "5 levels of synergizing" available for any gun (one from the gun, and four from the mods) and you could theoretically get two levels of one synergy and three level of another synergy combined in the same gun. Now that I am getting Run-N-Gun synergy mods from the Mod Caches, maybe I'll find enough to test mixing Brutal and Run-N-Gun in the same weapon in another 1-2 days.