PDA

View Full Version : Red glow?

Nightbreeze
04-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know what it means when you see loot, whether white, green, blue, etc and you see that color glow but ALSO a mysterious red glow? I see this pretty randomly and its often just a white item to pickup, but sometimes other colors. I am really curious what the red glow means. Thanks.

Arsenic_Touch
04-06-2013, 06:09 PM
White, green, blue, purple, orange color is the rarity.
Where as the flashing red is supposed to be reserved for the super weapons.
For some reason regular white guns are showing up with the red flashy.
Haven't seen any official word on why this is.

Major Nelson
04-06-2013, 06:10 PM
i believe that that is the elemental of the weapon

Arsenic_Touch
04-06-2013, 06:11 PM
i believe that that is the elemental of the weapon

Nope, shows up on plain weapons.

lPATT
04-06-2013, 06:13 PM
red glow = explosive weapon

Arsenic_Touch
04-06-2013, 06:14 PM
red glow = explosive weapon

Can't be, I've see it on plain weapons that fire regular rounds.

lPATT
04-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Can't be, I've see it on plain weapons that fire regular rounds.

maybe but all red glow i saw was explosive weapon . detonator and Rocket launcher , ever the shotgun shooting grenade . i never saw it on plain weapon =/

Nightbreeze
04-06-2013, 06:25 PM
White, green, blue, purple, orange color is the rarity.
Where as the flashing red is supposed to be reserved for the super weapons.
For some reason regular white guns are showing up with the red flashy.
Haven't seen any official word on why this is.

Yeah that's the way I understand it is supposed to be. I mean sometimes I see the red and its a super weapon. Other times (the times I am asking about with the post) I see the red glow on normal weapons of all kinds. Maybe the answer is as simple as saying its a glitch.

PS; I wanna thank you for making the very first response to my thread both direct to the point and helpful. That often isn't the case. Very cool of you.

fang1192
04-06-2013, 06:27 PM
maybe but all red glow i saw was explosive weapon . detonator and Rocket launcher , ever the shotgun shooting grenade . i never saw it on plain weapon =/

See them on shields and pistols, so thats out.

Writhen
04-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Anyone figured this out yet? Im curious to know.

RoG Goat
04-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Yea, it trolls me pretty bad.
I see a dark red glow (darker than the super weapons, it's different.) and I'm like OMFG HAX YES!!!!

Pick it up... it's a white pulser. >_____>

Garu
04-25-2013, 06:37 AM
I always thought it meant it had a bonus to melee lol as the first one i saw it on was that melee weapon and then after that theres always a melee component to the weapon i pick up but the minigun thing has it as well and that doesnt have a melee component.

Indolo
04-25-2013, 06:43 AM
It's a known bug. It's only supposed to show on super weapons to denote them as such.

Conneri
04-25-2013, 06:45 AM
It's a known bug. It's only supposed to show on super weapons to denote them as such.

This. It was supposed to be patched, but apparently didn't get fully corrected. It's supposed to be reserved for the super weapons.

METALPUNKS
04-25-2013, 06:46 AM
It was in the patch notes.

:removed red glow over a weapon after it would drop

RoG Goat
04-25-2013, 06:50 AM
It was in the patch notes.

:removed red glow over a weapon after it would drop

Well, they lied.

Cutlass Jack
04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Not to worry. They'll be patching the bug. Soon it will be a Mauve glow.

Era
04-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Anyone figured this out yet? Im curious to know.

It was a glitch that has since been patched.

RoG Goat
04-25-2013, 07:12 AM
it was a glitch that has since been patched.

liiiarrrrrr!!!!!

shadowkin
04-25-2013, 07:15 AM
It's just a bug. I can't remember where i read that but i think they are aware if it

Edit: right it was in the patch notes xD

Aeothena
06-03-2013, 05:43 AM
What's bothering me is that it doesn't show what you get. Last night I went on a loot spree and collected around 120 items over 30-45 minutes of play. The loot had a green/blue/purple glow, the item itself on the ground could have a different color in the name. Så, green glow, blue color on name got me a white weapon.

After collecting a bunch I realize that the colors and what you actually get is not the same. I were most dissapointed as I got a orange thing, I say thing as I collected in a steady flow and didn't pay much attention when picking them up. What I did see was loot with an orange name. I Think it was a shield. When going through inventory to scrap all the basic stuff, I never found any new orange items, just the ones I already had.

It's so frustrating to see one color on the ground and then realize you get something else when going through inventory. Only time the color shown and inventory match is when you get things out of loxboxes. If it flashes a purple item, it's purple in the inventory.

Tonight it's back to grinding again. Not sure if it's even possible to loot an organge item? Anyone know?

Shogo_Yahagi
06-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Tonight it's back to grinding again. Not sure if it's even possible to loot an organge item? Anyone know?

Sledge says yes. Experience says no.