PDA

View Full Version : Ego Rating (in terms of gear) doesnt seem to matter. True or not?

Russ
04-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Just to quantify this...I have a Legendary SMG that is Rating 176 or something similar as I bought a particularly lucky box at that point....I'm now 450 (more or less, I cant be bothered checking right now) and I still haven't replaced this SMG....

"Well of course you haven't, it's a legendary, its badass!" I hear you say, and I agree totally, Legendary weapons should indeed be damn hard to replace by their sheer nature.....

HOWEVER.

Please tell me how a 200 Rocket Launcher (Blue) has EXACTLY the same stats as a Blue 417?
Or one of those BMG gizmo's, at 313, Green, is EXACTLY the same as a Green 430?
Etc, Etc.

I'm not really seeing that, in terms of equipment, Ego Rating actually counts for anything....is this just me being daft or has anyone else picked up on this?

A s0t
04-06-2013, 06:42 PM
nope just your lower level friends cant use your gear, just grenades level, well the damage for frag types

Talon Swiftshot
04-06-2013, 06:43 PM
I too, always assumed that Ego level would've had greater significance.

Russ
04-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Glad I'm not the only one to have spotted this, but it then begs the question 'Why bother?' if Rating doesn't count for anything on weapons, whats the point in having them with ratings? Seems like a lot more work than it needed to be.

Primach
04-06-2013, 06:51 PM
It does actually matter;

Some weapon types only unlocks at sertain lvls of Ego-

The high the Ego rating, the higher chance you have of it having more mod slots in it, from the start.

Past 1000 Ego, you almost always get 4 slotted items.

Dmg value wise, you don't get an increase.

Difference between tiers of weapons (Gray, Green, Blue, Purple and Orange) is the additional stats they can come with, and what the lvled version of it can give.

Russ
04-06-2013, 06:53 PM
So then if I get to over 1000 and get the exact same SMG as ive got now, it will do the same base stuff, but I'll have more mods and greater level bonuses? Got ya, ok thanks that clears things up a bit.

BootLeg
04-06-2013, 06:54 PM
The point of it is to make it balanced for PvP there would be no point of having a PvP if high lvl people can just have WAY better equipment the lower lvl people

Primach
04-06-2013, 06:56 PM
You could technically just add the mod slots, to your current, but later on its so damn expensive to add even 1 slot (25k-50k per slot) so its easier to just find a fully loaded one :P

Oh yea and, remember to switch weapons when you level your weapon up, or you wont get weapon skill rating :P I mate of mine didn't know and kinda wasted 6 hours of using a lvled weapon... =(

BootLeg
04-06-2013, 07:36 PM
You could technically just add the mod slots, to your current, but later on its so damn expensive to add even 1 slot (25k-50k per slot) so its easier to just find a fully loaded one :P

Oh yea and, remember to switch weapons when you level your weapon up, or you wont get weapon skill rating :P I mate of mine didn't know and kinda wasted 6 hours of using a lvled weapon... =(

i did read in a different thread that once you hit ego 1000 the drops consist of guns with 4 slots already open..SO I CANT WAIT LOL

HammerTime
04-06-2013, 07:41 PM
It does actually matter;

Some weapon types only unlocks at sertain lvls of Ego-

The high the Ego rating, the higher chance you have of it having more mod slots in it, from the start.

Past 1000 Ego, you almost always get 4 slotted items.

Dmg value wise, you don't get an increase.

Difference between tiers of weapons (Gray, Green, Blue, Purple and Orange) is the additional stats they can come with, and what the lvled version of it can give.

Just want to add, the higher ego lvl for the weapon, and the rarer of the weapon, the more Matrix scrap you will need to insert a mod slot. If Primach said is true, after ego 1000+ almost always get 4 slots weapons, then it will be a relief for me, cause it cost like 18000+ just to add a 3ird slot on my blue sniper rifle.

g1mps0r
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Just want to add, the higher ego lvl for the weapon, and the rarer of the weapon, the more Matrix scrap you will need to insert a mod slot. If Primach said is true, after ego 1000+ almost always get 4 slots weapons, then it will be a relief for me, cause it cost like 18000+ just to add a 3ird slot on my blue sniper rifle.

You don't need to ever switch a weapon after like ego 500 it's just pointless. We just tried it with a low lvl white shotgun and a powered orange ego lvl 8xx of a friend. 50% of the time he kills me, and 50% of the time I kill him with my ego lvl 1 twink. :> After you get certain stats on your weapons(ego/grenade boost), the lvl of the weapon is of no matter, because the increased effects/stats are just too small to consider, which in fact, as remarked above, makes the whole ego system pointless.

Primach
04-07-2013, 05:54 AM
You don't need to ever switch a weapon after like ego 500 it's just pointless. We just tried it with a low lvl white shotgun and a powered orange ego lvl 8xx of a friend. 50% of the time he kills me, and 50% of the time I kill him with my ego lvl 1 twink. :> After you get certain stats on your weapons(ego/grenade boost), the lvl of the weapon is of no matter, because the increased effects/stats are just too small to consider, which in fact, as remarked above, makes the whole ego system pointless.

Well, not really, some of the suffixes that weapons can come with are quite insane tbh, and even the upgrades for some weapons, are quite worth the effort to go for.

For PvE, a cluster grenade launcher with increased mag size, actually makes you able to 1shot mini boss mobs (Monarchs, Mutant Minigunner/Grenadier etc..)

Increased crit dmg multipler on snipers,

Increased effect procc chance (One of can sort of making you invulnerable atm... :P)

Decrease cooldown on Ego (Perma cloak)

Even small statline increase, gives you an advantage in both pve and pvp, which actually makes pvp unbalanced even though they want it to be competitive.

iUnR3aLz
04-07-2013, 07:28 AM
They CANNOT have actual weapons and leveling progression because of the PVP aspect they chose to implement. Unless they figure out a way to separate pvp and pve gear then the pve gear will need to stay on an even plateau. I dont mind it. Althought i wouldnt have minded if the higher rating gear was visually more impressive.

HDxRUSH
04-07-2013, 08:45 AM
They CANNOT have actual weapons and leveling progression because of the PVP aspect they chose to implement. Unless they figure out a way to separate pvp and pve gear then the pve gear will need to stay on an even plateau. I dont mind it. Althought i wouldnt have minded if the higher rating gear was visually more impressive.
thats a really good point, never thought about the PvP thing. always complaining about how higher ego doesnt grant you better loot. Thanks for enlightening me good sir.

Russ
04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah but the problem with that is that EVERY mmo ever ends up pandering to PVP'ers. Of course its a big aspect of the game, but its not the ONLY aspect of an MMO, yet it seems that PVP'ers get everything. Personally I'd prefer something for the PVE players.

As a side note : PVP shouldn't be completely fair anyway, otherwise why bother with a levelling system, why not just make Futuristic CoD, or GAWR? It's an mmo, you are supposed to be rewarded for the time you put in over other players.

Gonz0
04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Just to quantify this...I have a Legendary SMG that is Rating 176 or something similar as I bought a particularly lucky box at that point....I'm now 450 (more or less, I cant be bothered checking right now) and I still haven't replaced this SMG....

"Well of course you haven't, it's a legendary, its badass!" I hear you say, and I agree totally, Legendary weapons should indeed be damn hard to replace by their sheer nature.....

HOWEVER.

Please tell me how a 200 Rocket Launcher (Blue) has EXACTLY the same stats as a Blue 417?
Or one of those BMG gizmo's, at 313, Green, is EXACTLY the same as a Green 430?
Etc, Etc.

I'm not really seeing that, in terms of equipment, Ego Rating actually counts for anything....is this just me being daft or has anyone else picked up on this?

You do know that once you do the amount of damage required to level up a weapon, you can't gain any proficiency ranks in that weapon type, right? Unless you have the highest proficiency in that type of weapon, you should switch to another one.

Side note, higher ego rating doesn't majorly affect weapons, but it does grant more perk slots and access to rarer guns through contracts. This makes you more powerful in both pve and pvp and is where lower levels will suffer in pvp.

AzureKite
04-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah but the problem with that is that EVERY mmo ever ends up pandering to PVP'ers. Of course its a big aspect of the game, but its not the ONLY aspect of an MMO, yet it seems that PVP'ers get everything. Personally I'd prefer something for the PVE players.

As a side note : PVP shouldn't be completely fair anyway, otherwise why bother with a levelling system, why not just make Futuristic CoD, or GAWR? It's an mmo, you are supposed to be rewarded for the time you put in over other players.
That's true, also PvP is just not a matter of weapon power , it Will also rely on the skill and tactics of a player, deciding where to hide, attack etc.

boosted gear
04-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Progression in weapons relating to ego ranks is their I would say to search for threads on this there are a lot of good posts with great information. The way the system works is not obvious at firts but its based on elemental effects. weapon bonuses. mods. synergy. and perks. They all add up its not like borderlands where a level make a huge difference in defiance its about adding to the base stats which is easier with rare higher ego rated weapons