PDA

View Full Version : Whisper a Friend or Anyone.

Fatalmephisto
04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
I figured out you can actually send someone a private message. Just enter in the chat /Whisper *username* *Enter whatever you want to say. It will show up on there end as purple/pinkish text.

Side note, /played tells you what your total time is for that character.

Nitrogirl
04-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Sweet, thanks for sharing the info! ^.^

Fatalmephisto
04-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Sweet, thanks for sharing the info! ^.^

It's easier to do with a USB keyboard hooked up :D

Valcrist
04-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Thank you! I was wondering how to do this :O I should've just tested /tell or /whisper or whatever else mmos use XD I'll try experimenting some, thanks again =)

Hiten
04-06-2013, 08:23 PM
How about /w does that work? Much shorter to type on controller if so, lol.

THE CRAZZED
04-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I figured out you can actually send someone a private message. Just enter in the chat /Whisper *username* *Enter whatever you want to say. It will show up on there end as purple/pinkish text.

Sweet tks!!

Philip017
04-07-2013, 02:18 AM
cool, now if they will just implement it in a way that is much easier, such as -ctrl, someone nearby, select the person, send private message, that'll make it alot easier to ask a question, or say thanks, or just to - say nice car.....

Cephious
06-19-2013, 12:50 AM

that could very easily work for some. when i tried, it didn't work for anyone with a space in their character name. Instead I recommend the following method which worked for everyone in my clan today when we tried:

/tell username message

space between tell_username and username_message. hit enter/press start viola!

I stumbled across this today with Kimmy Gibble stood in front of my while I was breaking things down and whispered "BOO!" lol first time I had ever seen it

EDIT: Type the character username exactly as it appears. Example: a whisper to my friend Mr Jinx that I have the mod he is looking for would be typed exactly like this....

/tell Mr Jinx I have that cannoneer mod you are looking for

and it appears like so:

To Mr Jinx [Mizter_Jinx]: I have that cannoneer mod you are looking for.

Peavstar
06-19-2013, 02:08 AM

Thanks for the tip! This could be really useful!

WhiteF8ng
06-19-2013, 03:31 AM
And you could, ya know, type "/?" or "/help" and get the full list of commands for the chat...