PDA

View Full Version : RA-44 Hellcat nano issues?

SocialGerm69
04-07-2016, 12:08 PM
The fire nano on this guided rocket launcher rarely seems to proc. I have a bonfire that is amazing, lights em up every time. Someone commented that it has to do with the hellcat having eight shots. He said multiple shot bonfires have the same issue. Any input on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mia Zar
04-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Bonfires rely on high DoT, the fire effect isn't its nano. Hellcat doesn't have similar effect, it just has a fire nano, and nano effects don't always proc.

SocialGerm69
04-07-2016, 03:31 PM
I understand. It just seems so unreliable. And spamming the eight out to get the 30% nano chance from the reload isn't very efficient. Especially when the effect only lasts for two seconds. I'll have to play around with it. I have four nano initiators in one of my rigs. I'll see if that helps.

dremora ven0m
04-08-2016, 12:35 AM
Yeah I have noticed the hellcat doesn't proc very often, hence I dont use it. .

stefb42
04-08-2016, 03:50 AM
I was thinking when I had one that maybe it was due to low rate of fire (compared to autos etc) and figured all nanos procced the same, ie no increased chance for small mag slow firing projectiles,

ie if you have say a 5% proc chance you may fire off 20 rockets without proccing and still be playing within the odds, whereas the same 5% almost guarantees a proc per clip on a full auto weapon with big mag and higher rof,

I felt increasing the proc chance on rockets might help somewhat, however I've noticed that the swimming swan and xmass cannon have no issues proccing their nanos so I just don't know anymore

SocialGerm69
04-08-2016, 05:15 AM
That's a really good point also. Never considered that. While I have never used the swan or xmass, I don't seem to have trouble with some other explosive weapons with Nanos. Like the RS Pounders, and Dawns. They also apply the nano efficiently. I just pulled a purple sov grenade launcher with a fire nano and have it modded. I'm going to try it out and see what happens. The previous mentioned weapons were all radiation. Perhaps that makes a difference?