PDA

View Full Version : The greatest question!!!

GothScorpion
04-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Ok here's the greatest question to be asked by lowly worm:
It Defiance ending, as in being shut down, very soon?

In ADDITION, rumor mill has it that PS3 servers are going tobe shut down end of this year soooo will PS3 accounts be able to be transferred to pc.

P.S. I think its funny as hell that ppl are saying the servers are goin down even before the PS3's have stop production as of yet, but still we need firm answers from our beloved Devs of Trion.

Nightmare390
04-10-2016, 03:59 PM
well this is concerning.

Johnny Gatt
04-10-2016, 04:07 PM
I doubt the ps3 servers will be shutting down any time soon. Eventually they will, of course. Enjoy the ride while you can.

The ps3 characters would not port to pc as coding is different. If you still need that defiance fix, you would have to create new toon and start over on the pc.

Hunter0
04-10-2016, 04:43 PM
They may not shut it down, they actually may say "something has gone wrong and everything has gone characters, weapons and all items. U can only start from scratch".

That's why I've mentioned the ( Back-up thing ). Because it has happened to other games that did not have a back-up.

NullWolf
04-10-2016, 08:52 PM
The "rumor" that the PS3 servers for playing games online are being shut down at the end of the year have been going strong since the PS4 first came out, IGNORE IT.

the PS2 online was only just recently shutdown and with the online system that is PSN pretty much the same barring some bells and whistles between ps3 and ps4 its stupid to think the PSN connection (which is the online) for the PS3s will be shutdown anytime soon. If anything they lose money that way since the PSN store for PS3 still sells

You're more likely to see the complete shutdown of Defiance and likely other Trion games long before PS3 online is gone.

Ronin9572
04-11-2016, 03:17 AM
The "rumor" that the PS3 servers for playing games online are being shut down at the end of the year have been going strong since the PS4 first came out, IGNORE IT.

the PS2 online was only just recently shutdown and with the online system that is PSN pretty much the same barring some bells and whistles between ps3 and ps4 its stupid to think the PSN connection (which is the online) for the PS3s will be shutdown anytime soon. If anything they lose money that way since the PSN store for PS3 still sells

You're more likely to see the complete shutdown of Defiance and likely other Trion games long before PS3 online is gone.

I totally agree with all that you've said!

GothScorpion
04-15-2016, 01:38 PM
The ps3 characters would not port to pc as coding is different. If you still need that defiance fix, you would have to create new toon and start over on the pc.

Johnny your thinking on the player side but I'm talking about on Trion's side..... Dude do u think they make games on PS3 & XBOX's? No, they do all the creation on pc, then "dumb it" down for to be played on consoles. So with that It be possible but it would be a Trion Dev decision......... and thats where I like to hear from, after all cumulatively I've spent a grand on this game, kinda don't wanna lose my investment here.

Mrdr
04-15-2016, 03:51 PM
Johnny your thinking on the player side but I'm talking about on Trion's side..... Dude do u think they make games on PS3 & XBOX's? No, they do all the creation on pc, then "dumb it" down for to be played on consoles. So with that It be possible but it would be a Trion Dev decision......... and thats where I like to hear from, after all cumulatively I've spent a grand on this game, kinda don't wanna lose my investment here.

You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em.
Know when to walk away...know when to run.

You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin'...when the dealin's done.

moxthamyth
04-15-2016, 09:23 PM

Scorpion re add me on psn bro

GothScorpion
04-18-2016, 09:04 AM
You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em.
Know when to walk away...know when to run.

You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin'...when the dealin's done.

Brahahahaha Mrdr gooood one dude

Fallen_Aingeal
04-18-2016, 09:19 AM
The way I understand it, the game was originally supposed to be a pc only release.

When the powers that be at NBCUniversal Cable, the owners of Sci Fi, decided they wanted to capitalize as much as possible and demanded it be released on PS3 and X360. This was the main reason why the game was released in the poor state that it was. They had to rush to change the code to make it compatible for the lowly consoles, and didn't have the adequate time to test out all the bugs before the launch of the show/game.

The last time this was seriously discussed on the forums, Trion was still under contract with NBCUniversal Cable. Whether that contract is still viable with the show no longer airing, hasn't been released. Not that it really matters;

The game could not survive on pc alone. I don't think the player base is large enough to sustain it.

The revenue generated by all 3 platforms apparently isn't enough to hire enough people to fix all the things still wrong with the game since it launched.